Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All things Sports Talk Radio - DMV (met)

Zguy28

Obviously an awful choice of words on his part and it probably is a direct reflection into how he really thinks.  Others have said worse and get to do the whole apology thing.  I'd imagine they just want out of his contract.  Which is fair, because he's awful and I've never understood how on earth he became worthy of his own show to begin with.

• Like 1

I don't know what he said, but let's be honest... Dude nails a TON of just plain bad stereotypes. Always has. I'm surprised that this is what did him in though. 

This pandemic really has shined a lot on who exactly you're dealing with with this "Angry Guy/ White Guy radio" stuff. When they can't talk sports, things get difficult

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, spjunkies said:

Mr. Sinister told us about his scumbag ways years ago. 

Imagine throwing your career away to impress your proud boi listeners smh.

That was Gacolb with the personal anecdote iirc. But none of this is surprising, considering his on air personality traits. A lot of these blowhards fall into that same category

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

That was Gacolb with the personal anecdote iirc. But none of this is surprising, considering his on air personality traits. A lot of these blowhards fall into that same category

Are you able to give the cliff notes of GACOLBs anecdote about Dukes? Always interesting to hear your suspicions about someone confirmed.

3 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Are you able to give the cliff notes of GACOLBs anecdote about Dukes? Always interesting to hear your suspicions about someone confirmed.

Oh man. That was over a decade ago so the memory is kinda fuzzy. I think it had something to do with Gac trying to get a job with 106.7, and Dukes doing something to shaft him out of getting a spot, followed by slander levied by Dukes.  Something along those lines.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Oh man. That was over a decade ago so the memory is kinda fuzzy. I think it had something to do with Gac trying to get a job with 106.7, and Dukes doing something to shaft him out of getting a spot, followed by slander levied by Dukes.  Something along those lines.

That's my memory, too. 

• Like 1

Ah, thanks guys. My curiosity got the best of me and I managed to locate the old thread.

Funny to see AIM and Myspace mentioned as recent methods of communications. It seems Dukes was just as quick with the block button on AIM as he is on Twitter. 😂

I miss some of the old ES personalities that have disappeared over the years.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Heisenberg said:

Ah, thanks guys. My curiosity got the best of me and I managed to locate the old thread.

Funny to see AIM and Myspace mentioned as recent methods of communications. It seems Dukes was just as quick with the block button on AIM as he is on Twitter. 😂

I miss some of the old ES personalities that have disappeared over the years.

I can't believe this was 10 ****ing years ago.

• Sad 3

28 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

EB better watch himself.

Just a matter of time before he crosses the line.

I can see him bringing down Lurch with him too.  Like he would make a comment and Lurch will cosign with something ****ed up and they both get it lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

EB better watch himself.

I can't claim to know anything about what's in a person's heart but I stopped listenging to Chad Dukes a long time ago (pre-RG3) for his sensitivity and anger towards callers. EB has some views I disagree with but he's a lot easier on the callers and easier to talk to, and honestly apart from his political views probably my favorite guy on that show, at least the only one that has personality. 

And what's funny about EB right now is that 1 year ago now when this COVID stuff was just bearking, HE was the one who was sounding the alarm and trying to stay calm about it but semi freaking out. Then suddenly he flipped a switch and is super calm and laughing about it. I stopped listening about 8 or 9 months ago though. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I can't claim to know anything about what's in a person's heart but I stopped listenging to Chad Dukes a long time ago (pre-RG3) for his sensitivity and anger towards callers. EB has some views I disagree with but he's a lot easier on the callers and easier to talk to, and honestly apart from his political views probably my favorite guy on that show, at least the only one that has personality. 

And what's funny about EB right now is that 1 year ago now when this COVID stuff was just bearking, HE was the one who was sounding the alarm and trying to stay calm about it but semi freaking out. Then suddenly he flipped a switch and is super calm and laughing about it. I stopped listening about 8 or 9 months ago though. 

He flipped the switch because his boy Trump flipped the switch.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

EB better watch himself.

If the Election is called early,  I'm definitely tuning in the next day LOL. Imagine a lot of folks are gonna tell on themselves. 

Like homie in the Tailgate who started the "Not MY President " thread when Obama was elected in '08

• Thanks 3

Nothing like kicking a guy when he’s down.

If the “wrong skin tone” or whatever comment it was that got him fired then it’s bull****. He wasn’t calling people of color the wrong skin type rather he was referring to racists as people who don’t like people with the wrong skin type. There HAS to be more to it, cause that was a ball of nothing.

And of course, the amount of vitriol in this thread kinda matches what he was talking about in that very segment.

Dude lost his career and all you all can do is pile on and get mad at him cause he blocked you on social media.

Also sports talk radio ****ing blows and people who obsess about it are losers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

Nothing like kicking a guy when he’s down.

If the “wrong skin tone” or whatever comment it was that got him fired then it’s bull****. He wasn’t calling people of color the wrong skin type rather he was referring to racists as people who don’t like people with the wrong skin type. There HAS to be more to it, cause that was a ball of nothing.

And of course, the amount of vitriol in this thread kinda matches what he was talking about in that very segment.

Dude lost his career and all you all can do is pile on and get mad at him cause he blocked you on social media.

Also sports talk radio ****ing blows and people who obsess about it are losers.

Here's a hint: It wasn't the "bad skin tone" comment that did him in. It was the ignorant, bigoted stereotypes he listed off that did it. It was that ignorance that put the "bad skin tone" comment in bad context.

13 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

I so wish I could find the Cameo that the Junks Producers did that showed the two stages to EB - beginning and then "middle" phase of Covid.  It was so spot on and true.  Brilliant Cameo.  Really funny.  Never listed to Chad.  Just wasn't my cup of tea.