Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All things Sports Talk Radio - DMV (met)

Zguy28

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Yeah, Wapo says it was racist though.

Also, on Tuesday’s podcast he was talking about what to do after he’s fired from the station (albeit in a joking manner that he does every once in a while). I didn’t get to listen or download to Reloaded before they pulled the site and RSS feed from the app.

BOAD was my number 1 podcast. It’s a sad day for me that it’s likely gone... at least for a long time.

think this is the only time I've ever seen anyone talk glowingly of Dukes or saying they would "Miss" him

the overwhelming majority of people dislike him. And a reminder that he blocked me on social media despite me never tweeting at him at all.

• Haha 2

I never understood why that sensitive POS even had twitter. He blocked me for simply pointing out it was lame to give himself a nickname and that I would bet good money nobody ever actually called him "Big Shooter".

No idea how that guy was able to have a long run in afternoon drive in one of the biggest markets in the country.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Heisenberg said:

I never understood why that sensitive POS even had twitter. He blocked me for simply pointing out it was lame to give himself a nickname and that I would bet good money nobody ever actually called him "Big Shooter".

No idea how that guy was able to have a long run in afternoon drive in one of the biggest markets in the country.

And you tweeted at him too.

He blocks people who don't even follow or tweet at him. Then he has the nerve to talk about how he is a victim with CDVW. "The world hates me. I'm going to embrace it and make it my radio show."

It's hypocrisy.

• Like 2

Saw 2 people on Twitter claiming it was what he said here starting at the 1 hour and 4 minute mark.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/built-for-speed/id383022245?i=1000491395968

Said something about having "bad skin tone" referring to black people. 

Don't know if that is really what it is obviously, but just passing along.

EDIT:

And yeah on Twitter he blocked me after he talked bout Bone Tomahawk a few years back, and I just replied after I watched it saying I expected more out of it after he hyped it.

I told my cousin that too and my cousin said he blocked him as well, after my cousin had previously sent him some ammunition for some gun.

Edited by purbeast
  • Like 1

Only good bit he had wasn't even his. Fast Food Pinata was funny but that was Land Fill. 

I remember listening one afternoon and he completely lost his entire team. All the guys were ignoring him including his producers and he was just laying into all of them because they didn't want to talk. They didn't want to talk because he was being such an ass. 

I also thought it was ridiculous that he would make fun of people for just about anything but calling him fat was off the table completely. Like you can degrade people but just not him because he can't get off his fat ass and stop eating junk food.

• Like 4

Yeah, that definitely could have done it. Typical Chad Dukes rant playing the victim because he can't express opposing views about NFL protests including the "bad skin tone" comment and broad generalizations about "broken family structures" and the need for more police in areas because areas with those people need more police. Typical bull**** I'd expect to hear from him and honestly surprised he saved it for the podcast.

Is that Drab from the Junkies on there ****ing about Kaepernick and how the protests haven't done anything? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Saw 2 people on Twitter claiming it was what he said here starting at the 1 hour and 4 minute mark.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/built-for-speed/id383022245?i=1000491395968

Said something about having "bad skin tone" referring to black people. 

Don't know if that is really what it is obviously, but just passing along.

That sounds like some of his usual "I'm so damn persecuted for being a middle-aged cis white male" nonsense, which is why I frequently fast forwarded through entire chunks of The Rodkast. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Honestly, I can only assume EB hasn't been disciplined at this point because the Junkies are the flagship show for the station. I think EB has crossed the line plenty of times since the pandemic started and been downright irresponsible for someone with platform.

It's strange how quickly he did a 180 about covid too.

Well not REALLY when you think about the timing of him flipping and Trump's pattern.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, purbeast said:

It's strange how quickly he did a 180 about covid too.

Well not REALLY when you think about the timing of him flipping and Trump's pattern.

Yep, considering his comments about Tucker Carlson being the most brilliant mind on television or some such nonsense I'm amazed he's able to control himself for 20 hours a week on radio without getting himself in more trouble.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Czabe is another one that totes the same lines as EB in regards to Covid.

My new favorite thing they do in regards to college sports is make it about how they care so much about the kids who have worked so hard.  In essence, I agree with that - it sucks for college athletes that have worked so hard their whole lives and have it come to a halt via Covid.  But to me guys like Czabe seem to only care about it because they want to watch and bet on sports, and their livelihood is dependent upon sports.  It just makes them seem less self-serving to make it about the kids.

• Thanks 4

5 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I would guess Chad Dukes is going to put out a statement today at some point.

"Im sorry you were offended" followed by a bunch of nonsense is the most likely scenario. His best move would be to shut the hell up, legally change his name and go host a show in Saskatchewan.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

think this is the only time I've ever seen anyone talk glowingly of Dukes or saying they would "Miss" him

the overwhelming majority of people dislike him. And a reminder that he blocked me on social media despite me never tweeting at him at all.

Love Dukes. He’s a great personality and while I don’t agree with him politically I do like hearing what he has to say. He’s the driving force behind Big O and Dukes, which is hands down my favorite show. I never really listened to him after JFK flipped other than randomly. He was clearly much better without Arrington (who was a terrible broadcaster) and had to do afternoon drive by himself. That’s a huge ask. Clearly, he doesn’t care that much about sports and is a greater entertainer than anything.

I didn’t hear anything on that one podcast that @purbeast posted that sounded racist to me, but whatever. 

3 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

"Im sorry you were offended" followed by a bunch of nonsense is the most likely scenario. His best move would be to shut the hell up, legally change his name and go host a show in Saskatchewan.

His real name isn’t “Chad Dukes”.

Edited by Springfield
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I would guess Chad Dukes is going to put out a statement today at some point.

"Chad Dukes here to let you know that I refuse to give into the cancel culture lynch mob that I've been warning you all about for years. During these times, it is impossible to say anything as a straight white male without offending the mob. Now come see your boy Big Shooter and my friends down at Lindsay Ford of Fairfax."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

Love Dukes. He’s a great personality and while I don’t agree with him politically I do like hearing what he has to say. He’s the driving force behind Big O and Dukes, which is hands down my favorite show. I never really listened to him after JFK flipped other than randomly. He was clearly much better without Arrington (who was a terrible broadcaster) and had to do afternoon drive by himself. That’s a huge ask. Clearly, he doesn’t care that much about sports and is a greater entertainer than anything.

I didn’t hear anything on that one podcast that @purbeast posted that sounded racist to me, but whatever. 

His real name isn’t “Chad Dukes”.

Well Chad is a dumb name and thats his first name.

Sorry to any Chad's on the board.

Don't remember 980 hosts going off on politics. Tony Kornheiser used to but he's not a 980 host anymore. And he never treated them with disdain or said anything stupid like we shouldn't wear masks. IN fact he would probably **** about how he is in the age group where he can't leave the house and complain about that.

Meanwhile, EB and Dukes have been going into politics more and more which is disturbing. It's sports talk. It's not your FOX NEWS chat hour.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Florgon79 said:

Well Chad is a dumb name and thats his first name.

Sorry to any Chad's on the board.

I think his real name is Bradley Fukerton, something like that. 

Does that third sports radio station still exist? I wouldn't be surprised to see him go there in June after "he has taken the time to learn and grow as a person from this experience".

2 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Don't remember 980 hosts going off on politics. Tony Kornheiser used to but he's not a 980 host anymore. And he never treated them with disdain or said anything stupid like we shouldn't wear masks. IN fact he would probably **** about how he is in the age group where he can't leave the house and complain about that.

Meanwhile, EB and Dukes have been going into politics more and more which is disturbing. It's sports talk. It's not your FOX NEWS chat hour.

Czabe talks about it on 980.  I don't even listen to his show like ever but the few times I have tuned in since the pandemic started I've heard him talking it it more than once.  And I've tuned in to him probably less than like 10 times just for a quick car ride.  And on Twitter he retweets a bunch of crap just like EB did.  I had to unfollow both of those bamas.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ixcuincle said:

I've found myself turning the dial when they go off on a political tangent. I will say that as much as I don't enjoy Grant and Danny TOGETHER, I rarely have switch the dial because they can't focus on sports. 

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

I think his real name is Bradley Fukerton, something like that. 

Does that third sports radio station still exist? I wouldn't be surprised to see him go there in June after "he has taken the time to learn and grow as a person from this experience".

Chad Dukes (born Chad Sisson; December 7, 1978, in Alexandria, Virginia)

I'm just going off Wikipedia. It's really all just a joke about changing a name and moving, I don't honestly care what his real name or stage names are. The point is he ain't getting a job with that name.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Chad Pukes is/was awful and so is all of 106.7.

To be honest the only guy worth listening to on radio around here nowadays is Al Galdi.

My entire radio listening experience is based on Galdi and tangents to him. Sheehan is ok, but too into gambling and guys he knows and likes (shanny, cp, van pelt, etc), Doc is a nice balance to Galdi but not good in his own, or when he talks over Galdi. B Mitch likes his own opinion too much. Czaban used to be ok with Cooley and Galdi but on his own he goes on too many rants.