Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All things Sports Talk Radio - DMV (met)

Zguy28

55 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Doc has been the weakest loyal host and now with Galdi carrying him, it feels like he doesn't put in much homework. He's even worse on the game day broadcast. Screaming from the sidelines isn't covering the game. 

I wouldn't say that much. Doc is simple and I like that because Galdi gets so caught up in the hopes and possibilities and maybes that he ignores whats in front of him. Its like the analytics are there that show all this stuff but it doesn't matter if we're not winning. Galdi is talking about the draft picks and stuff and how great stuff will be, but Doc says stuff like you can't become a winner by immitating losers (the Browns, the Lions, the Cardinals, and all the other teams that keep competing for the first pick). The Patriots and Steelers and Packers pick in the 20s every year and still win. Why can't we immitate that? 

And Doc is more tame than Brian. Brian is knowledgeable about stuff like the NFLPA and players rights, and to some extent he reminds me of Keim in that he doesn't always jump in on a story, but sometimes he just will go overboard like with his hatred of Gruden. 

But to me the worse guy on the station is Czabe. Its amazing to me that he's the same age as the Sports Junkies. They have almost opposite personalities. Czabe is old man radio. And Doc was that to me too before he was paired with Galdi, but now he's more listenable. Czabe I can't listen to because he almost never talks sports but its never interesting stuff. The junkies never talk sports but its interesting bits that make me laugh and wake me up in the mornings. And they're passionate unlike Czabe who seems to have an attitude of "I'm tired of this and I only have 3 hours left in my day". 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

I had to say Grant/Danny did something good. But they had a fake Larry Michael/Bruce Allen interview I caught while driving at lunch today that was funny. That's all I'll say about them that's good beyond they will talk more non-Skins than most 980 shows. 

I will give G&D some props for their show yesterday.  The whole show was a bit about Bruce's 10yr anniversary and it was pretty amusing.  They did a segment where they had people call in to ask them questions about stuff they know nothing about, and they would give answers.  All in honor of Bruce working in an area he has no clue about for the past 10 years.

Edited by purbeast

I will give Sheehan props for his show today, although it really goes to Ivan. He was angry and woke me up today and it was hilarious. Sheehan was basically going off the assumption of Dan being hated and asked if they moved the team how would we feel about getting an expansion franchise if we got the same deal as the Browns got. But Ivan responded that Dan's not hated and its just liberal bias and, honestly I couldn't even hear most of it because he was yelling but it definitely made me laugh. 

But it goes back to my thoughts about Bruce and Vinny and Dan. I despised Vinny, and I despised Dan because he wouldn't fire Vinny. I don't feel nearly as negative towards Bruce as I did towards Vinny. Mainly because we have a more functional Front office than Vinny. We aren't seeing the results on the field, but our drafts have been better since Scot left and we have a core to build around which we never had with Vinny. That said Bruce (and Dan)'s off the field stuff I trend more negative towards them but it doesn't mean I dislike them

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Grant and Danny show is so much more tolerable when one of them is out.  This week so far Grant hasn't been around and he's not nearly as annoying as he is when Grant is around.  And on the flip side of that, Grant is also tolerable when Danny is not there to jerk him off after every statement.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can't take these fat ****s talking about Chipotle in the opening segment.  Grant's ear piercing voice and his fat lips slapping at every word and then Danny trying to be funny while jerking him off... I can't take it right now so I had to switch to Al and Doc.

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 11/7/2019 at 7:59 AM, spjunkies said:

Interesting listening to the Junkies this morning talking about how the black people that live near Nats park/WJFK studios scare them. Yes, the violence in the area is a concern, but they have a really shady way of wording things.

The segment started around 7:30 for anyone interested in going back to listen. 

I tried telling you guys lol

11 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I'm not surprised the Junkies lean right

They're starting to move past the "lean" stage. Reposting from another thread - always knew EB leaned right but COVID brought out his true Fox News-loving, right wing conspiracy theory-believing side.