Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles trade Lesean McCoy to Buffalo

Warhead36

Alonso's a nice player, but clearly not a difference making player because the Bills didnt really miss him at all. McCoy can change a game. But I get contract concerns.

The Bills happen to have a lot of really good young LB'ers, which isn't normal. Alonso is one of the best coverage LB in the league.

Chip Kelly is playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers.  He cleared 31.2 million off the books, just today.  The Eagles now have the most cap room in the league.  We are about to recreate the Dream Team, CK Style. 

Eagles probably have the best front seven in the NFL now.  Sign Maxwell and maybe McCourty and the Seahawks will be the 2nd best defense in the league next year.

No idea who is going to run the rock but I will bet anyone in here that the Eagles will run for more yards than the Bills will next year.

I think people are undervaluing LeSean McCoy.  He is one of the best running backs in the league.  This is a horrific trade for Philly, I don't care how good Kiko Alonso is.

Ridiculous. First of all, McCoy is really good but wasn't elite last year.

Secondly, shouldn't a Redskins fan know better than anyone that having a nasty RB doesn't get you anywhere alone?

McCoy will be replaced and Alonso will be huge for that defense.

Pairing with Kendricks, they'll have the best pair of coverage LB's in the league.

Chip Kelly is playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers.  He cleared 31.2 million off the books, just today.  The Eagles now have the most cap room in the league.  We are about to recreate the Dream Team, CK Style. 

Eagles probably have the best front seven in the NFL now.  Sign Maxwell and maybe McCourty and the Seahawks will be the 2nd best defense in the league next year.

No idea who is going to run the rock but I will bet anyone in here that the Eagles will run for more yards than the Bills will next year.

I think you're going over the top, but I understand your elation as an Eagles fan. I agree with the general sentiment of your post but don't agree the defense will be Seahawks good. That's ridiculous homerism.

In general, I really like what Kelly is doing right now, as long as he doesn't send a boatload of picks for Mariota.

This trade says to me that Kelly is going all out for Mariota. Eagles cut Herremans, Cary Williams gone (YAY!), Trent Cole cut, Ryans probably gone soon too. Brandon Graham---looks like he's seeing the door too. Eagles I *think* will be 55 million under the cap. Alonso was solid his rookie year, winning rookie of the month and making the all-under 25 team before he was hurt. Rex runs a 3-4 D, and I have to guess that Rex saw Alosno as a 4-3 middle backer. Eagles will spend some more cash to shore up the defense.

I don't know why Buffalo did this. Rex's offensives are not friendly to cut back "shake and bake" runners. This means C.J. Spiller is gone. I guess Rex wants a multi-threat back to protect his crappy QB situation.

Rumor mill says Eagles may go hard for Ray Rice. Working on a deal right now for Maclin. I hope they cut suck-ass Cooper and drop dimes on Maclin and Cobb--if Eagles don't resign Maclin, look for Randall Cobb in Philly.

If I hear anything definite, I'll add to the thread.

Oh really? Just how many SuperBowls has he won?

The only thing I'm not really understanding is how Chip Kelly thinks he is going to recruit any Free Agents.. He clearly has shown a complete lack of loyalty to ANY player. Just look at the guys he is letting go; Trent Cole a 10 year vet with the team, McCoy their number one offensive weapon, and Brandon Graham a young pro coming off a solid season and rookie contract.

Not to mention Alonso is coming off a torn ACL which may limit his agility, taking away from the "best pass coverage LB" that some of you have touted him as, despite playing 1 year of football on a strong Buffalo defense. 

Call me wary, but this isn't college where players come and go every 3-4 years. This is the NFL where grown men are trying to make a living, and I'm sure are not interested in signing a contract that may not be fulfilled no matter your level of play or commitment to the team. 

33 posts in and not one mention of why mccoys production dropped off last year? or why foles went from record setter to also ran?

seriously. 2 years in, and its nearly a lock that kellys teams will fold vs the nfls elite. 

keep trading away your best players, chip, while you think your players are interchangeable, and you'll be watching the playoffs from your couch.

again.

33 posts in and not one mention of why mccoys production dropped off last year? or why foles went from record setter to also ran?

seriously. 2 years in, and its nearly a lock that kellys teams will fold vs the nfls elite. 

keep trading away your best players, chip, while you think your players are interchangeable, and you'll be watching the playoffs from your couch.

again.

There is probably no talk of it because the Eagles scored more points in 2014 than 2013.

What are you talking about? Kelly just crushed this trade.

He unloaded a cut candidate RB with a ridiculous contract who wasn't elite last year, after the Eagles already got his best years.

He traded for one of the best coverage LB's in the entire NFL, who is still young and on a cheap contract for two more years.

This is 100% a win for the Eagles.

Kelly didn't crush this trade lol.  You keep mentioning one of the best LB's in the NFL.....this is all assuming his production doesn't drop from an ACL tear.  RG3 was a stud his rookie year, until he had a knee injury.  Lets relax on the "best in the biz" until we see the production continue on the field.  Knee tears don't suit well with LBs who are great in coverage.  The Eagles got fleeced in this trade no matter how you slice it.  It stings less because Chips offense doesn't require a stud like McCoy and the production drop off may not be much if at all.  The only thing interesting is what they are clearing for.  Suh, McCourty, Cobb, Mariota?  NFC East may get scary.

I think if the eagles end up "winning" this trade, it will be one of the final nails in the coffin as to the value of running backs, since lesean was probably the best of the "in their prime" RBs in the nfl, which essentially just means I'm not counting adrian peterson.

Yea, I guess all the mystery is in the ACL tear.  I think if Alonso plays like how he had in his young career or even a bit worse, Eagles win the trade, since they can replace McCoy with pretty much anybody except moe larry or curly and they will still get a fair amount of yards rushing.

The problem from the bills perspective is in terms of team building this feels more like an (old I hope) redskins move, in that it just seems kind of arbitrary in that their window isn't truly open yet, unless they feel solid about their QB situation, since their D is solid. But, based on Bills articles, it looks as though the full season without Alonso has let him become slightly expendable, meaning they might feel like this was free money they were using just as much as the eagles are with a "top shelf RB" that they'd rather cash in on.

So, this looks like it could be a profitable trade on both sides, better from a FO perspective for the eagles on the outset, and better on the field for the Bills on the outset.  McCoy doesn't seem very happy about this however so who knows...  Whoever gets the better combination of the two going forward wins the trade I guess. 

But dang, chip has really pulled out the soul of that recent eagles roster with Desean going and now Lesean going... I guess we will see if that ends up being a good thing or a bad thing.  Desean leaving was definitely bad for them year 1, so we will see how that plays out going forward. 

Spending lots of money doesn't guarantee you anything. I love how Westbrook says the Eagles will buy some kind of Dream Team. Didn't you guys try that a few years back? Yet when the Skins do the same things you trash them for it(as you should, because it's stupid and you can't buy a winner). This is the type of crap that happens when your coach is in charge of personnel.

Spurrier 2.0

No. Kelly has shown he can translate what he was doing in College and put in the work to adapt it and win in the NFL. Thats something Spurrier totally faiiled to do. Unless you count pre season.

On this though it sure seems like Kelly is hell bent on showing its all about him and his system not the players. Be interesting to see how this all plays out. 

How long will that last though and is he really blazing a trail . If anyone is showing the Oragon system works it is the dark one over in New England . But systems don't win games players do .

The eagles win on the balance sheet and Kelly flexes his control of the team over Roseman who amazingly got something for a productive core team player who still amassed 1500 yards from scrimmage last season. And by something is mean an injured ex Oragon player and for all the talk of RBs being devalued LBs are not exactly hard to find .

The end of this the eagles have less talent on offence than they did yesterday. And also let's not forget this trade can still fall apart if the Bills believe the eagles will end up cutting McCoy anyway they can back out .

Crazy move in my opinion .

How long will that last though and is he really blazing a trail . If anyone is showing the Oragon system works it is the dark one over in New England . But systems don't win games players do .

Totally agree. I think this will all blow up in Kellys face personally.

Good. Drain all of the blood out of the team and refashion it with inferior talent in the name of the as-yet-unproven Chip Kelly Way. 20-15 and 0 playoff wins in two seasons is nowhere near as groundbreaking a record as his system purports to be.

But I'll give him this: I like his confidence. He's going to create an unstoppable machine or get himself fired after a couple more years without a playoff win. Philly is never boring.

If they cut Brandon Graham he'll have 31 offers real quick. WTF

I can almost see McCoy (but not really, hes top 3 back in game). Im really wondering why guys like herremans, Graham and even Cole. Makes me think Chip is in some dark office giggling to himself in madness.

Keep going Philly

There is probably no talk of it because the Eagles scored more points in 2014 than 2013.

ya. too bad the offense had little to do with it. 

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/10/philadelphia-eagles-special-teams-touchdowns-blocked-punt-record-history

With Chip Kelly’s high-octane Philadelphia Eagles offense sputtering since halftime of Week 3 against the Washington Redskins, the defense and special teams have been carrying the scoring load. They’re doing so at a historic pace.

With yet another blocked punt returned for a touchdown on Sunday against the St. Louis Rams, the Eagles scored their sixth return TD of the year, which is tied for an NFL record through five games. Here are three other things to know about Philly’s historic run on non-offensive TDs:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

meanwhile, actual offensive production was down across the board.

-philly went from +12 to -8 in the TO department

-rushing was down nearly a full yard per carry.

-yards per play went from 6.3 ypp (1st in the NFL) to 5.6 ypp (11th in the NFL- one spot behind the Redskins.....)

-25 quarterbacks had a better QB rating than either sanchez or foles.

keep thinking everythings fine in chip kelly land.

667.jpg

Man Ritchie Kotite really doing some unconventional stuff with Philly Ducks. Alonzo coming off ACL reminds of when they brought in demico ryans. Seems good in theory but won't translate to what they expect.

Next up new logo. Howard the Duck? How many other Ducks are going to be available for Ritchie (Chip)?

Archived