Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles trade Lesean McCoy to Buffalo

Warhead36

Looks like I need a new user name. DOH!

Unless you decide to switch teams.... :lol:

Lol. First Terrence Newman, now this. You're bad luck.

I am too. My brother bought me a Lavar Arrington jersey the season before he left.

My Dad bought me a Clinton Portis jersey the season before he was cut.

My daughter got Orakpo, Hankerson, and Riley to sign my sweatshirt at TC a couple years ago.

I've decided to only ask for signatures and buy jerseys of players who are already retired. lol

The funniest narrative of this entire RB discussion is the often repeated "let's see how Murray does when not running behind the best OL in the NFL!!!" The truth is that the Cowboys have a fantastic pass blocking OL but when it comes to run blocking, it was not as good as the Eagles, per PFF. PFF rated the Eagles, even with all their injuries on the OL, as the best run blocking line in the league.

The funniest narrative of this entire RB discussion is the often repeated "let's see how Murray does when not running behind the best OL in the NFL!!!" The truth is that the Cowboys have a fantastic pass blocking OL but when it comes to run blocking, it was not as good as the Eagles, per PFF. PFF rated the Eagles, even with all their injuries on the OL, as the best run blocking line in the league.

The funniest narrative actually, is your continued disregard for the simple fact that none of the players the Eagles have signed are, in any way, reliable or durable.

You can't produce if you're not on the field.

Murray turns a lot of one yard gains into ten yard gains.

But he also has a lot of what easily could be 40 yard gains turned into 15 yard gains.

• 3 weeks later...

Thought this was interesting, I found this posted in the Zoony Bin thread:

Source: NFL Has Tape of McCoy “Threatening to Hit” Chip Kelly

he Eagles sent shockwaves across the NFL last month, trading away star running back LeSean McCoy to the Buffalo Bills. Fans were largely left in the dark as to why head coach Chip Kelly would trade the franchise’ leading rusher. Some pointed to a slight dip in production, while others speculated of a falling out between coach and player.

According to a source with ties to NFL Films, the league has footage of running back LeSean McCoy “threatening to hit” Chip Kelly during the last game of the season against the Giants. The source claims that the league knew McCoy would “be off the team months before” the trade was announced.

Many felt the trade was fueled from financial issues, as McCoy was set to count $12 million against the Eagles cap. However, the team then signed former Cowboy DeMarco Murray to a similarly hefty price.

McCoy described Kelly’s demeanor to McLane, stating “the tension – the this or that – he doesn’t like that.” This “tension” seemingly boiled over in the season finale, setting the eventual countdown on McCoy’s time in Philly.

Click on the link for the full article

Thought this was interesting, I found this posted in the Zoony Bin thread:

Source: NFL Has Tape of McCoy “Threatening to Hit” Chip Kelly

Just to follow up:

Just a Reminder: Your Eagles Rumor Du Jour Was Started by a High School Senior

I don’t know Vansh Bansal*, the PHLSportsNation.com writer who reported the following story yesterday that has social media buzzing...

Now, Vansh may very well be right. But, like that silly Bradford-for-Manziel-for-Mariota story from earlier this week, this is coming from a relative unknown person with no track record and, in this case,  a high school student. Vansh is a senior at West Windsor-Plainsboro High School North, according to his Twitter account. His Facebook profile is dominated by pictures of a family trip to Disney World, and his Likes include a number of the characters from the movie Cars. That said, I admire his gumption, and will shower him with credit if this turns out to be true.

[...]UPDATE: I spoke with Bashal. He informs me that he passed Biology in the ninth grade (score!) and trusts his source.

Chip Kelly is quickly destroying the credibility of that franchise. If the Eagles don't start fast next season, things could get interesting.

Dictatorships hardly ever work in the pros, especially when the guys you get rid of are great players. And then the guys you keep are looki g over your shoulders. Just creates unnecessary tension

He's trying to coach like these are scared college kids. Won't work with veteran NFL players. This is the pinnacle and they've seen it all. I doubt that a 28 year old is going to cower to a coach in this day and age. Years ago? Yeah. Not now with the money they get. You have to message a lot of egos.

Please stay around for a while Chip :D :

Confidence rose higher on the third day of the retreat. The group had just wrapped meetings and were on the back deck, drinking cabernet and smoking cigars, when Whaley’s phone rang. “Any interest in LeSean McCoy?” a representative from the Eagles asked.

Philadelphia was looking for draft picks, and without a 2015 first-rounder the Bills didn’t have much ammo to make an offer. But Whaley told the Eagles rep, “Just do me a favor and look at our roster.” The Eagles called back and told him, “Kiko Alonso.” The straight-up deal—Alonso, a promising young linebacker who missed ’14 with an ACL tear, for McCoy, a two-time All-Pro running back—took 30 minutes, start to finish. “I’m not a red wine guy,” Ryan says, “but that day I drank red wine.”

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/04/14/rex-ryan-buffalo-bills-new-york-jets/

• 8 months later...

Anyone who paid attention last year would have seen that the Eagles pulled a couple games out of their ass. What did they end up winning, 9 or 10 games? They could have easily been a 6 win team. Chip is going to find out the hard way that his system can only take him so far. You need talent to win in the NFL.

Nostradamus, this guy. :lol:

Archived