Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles trade Lesean McCoy to Buffalo

Warhead36

If Kiko is good to go off of that ACL I see why they did this. Chip thinks his system will make anyone a star and he may be right, especially since McCoy wasn't earning that paycheck last year. $10M for a RB is dumb in today's NFL.

Opposite side, Rex Ryan believes he can make that defense tick without Kiko and loves having a bellcow RB to protect his young, terrible QB.

Win-win trade of two really good players, if rarely seen in the NFL.

Just reading through the various media reporting the trade, seems a win win for both teams, just glad to see McCoy out the divison! Just wondering how the Eagles replace him either from within, free agent or a trade. Chip Kelly wanted total control now he has it, be interesting to see the moves they make this off season.

Kinda makes me think they are gonna trade a ton for Mariota, though.

Load up on cap space for FA's since they won't have any premium draft picks for a couple years.

Could be a clue.

This is why your coach can't also be in charge of personnel. A real GM would have at least gotten more value.

Not really. McCoy was a cut candidate with that contract as a RB, and they got a very good young LB with two more cheap years on his contract.

Kinda makes me think they are gonna trade a ton for Mariota, though.

Load up on cap space for FA's since they won't have any premium draft picks for a couple years.

Could be a clue.

I hope he falls to 5 and we plunder Philly out of every premium pick they have.

I wouldn't trade with them for anything less than 3 1sts and 3 2nds.

Kinda interesting for Buffalo though. I guess that means Spiller is on the way out?

He's about to come on NFL total access;  probably a shock to him.  He probably had an idea of what was possible but this wraps up his chance of going back to the bills.  Good for Rex Ryan to have a workhorse back hasn't had one since Thomas Jones.

I think you have to base this trade on the future.  I don't know anything about Kiko Alonzo, but if he is an up and coming player with a two year cap friendly contract that turns in a productive player I think you have to give Philly a win.

RB don't last long, LM's was costing too much, has gotten injured on occasion and is playing a position that is more plug and and play in Chip's offense.

I am not saying LM is not a great back, but I don't think this is a bad trade.  If Buff gave up a young quality player, I say shame on them.

OMG, what was Chip thinking?  How do you explain that one eagles fans?

What are you talking about? Kelly just crushed this trade.

He unloaded a cut candidate RB with a ridiculous contract who wasn't elite last year, after the Eagles already got his best years.

He traded for one of the best coverage LB's in the entire NFL, who is still young and on a cheap contract for two more years.

This is 100% a win for the Eagles.

Archived