Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles trade Lesean McCoy to Buffalo

Warhead36

Now that Gore signed with the Colts we can listen to the Eagles fans now tell us how they are actually glad the deal didn't work out.  2 days ago Gore/Sproles/Polk were the best 3 punch Earth/Wind/Fire in all off existence.

Now that Gore signed with the Colts we can listen to the Eagles fans now tell us how they are actually glad the deal didn't work out.  2 days ago Gore/Sproles/Polk were the best 3 punch Earth/Wind/Fire in all off existence.

I actually didn't want the three of them, as they are all prone to injuries.  If not by history, then by age.  However, they didn't have many alternatives, and now have to either sign an expensive FA, or go with an unproven commodity (lower tier FA or draft).

I actually didn't want the three of them, as they are all prone to injuries.  If not by history, then by age.  However, they didn't have many alternatives, and now have to either sign an expensive FA, or go with an unproven commodity (lower tier FA or draft).

Well, now we got Matthews...also an injury risk. 

Does anyone who's disagreed with me on this so far change their mind if it turns out that Kelly traded McCoy for a young potential pro bowl LB on a cheap contract AND signed Murray for less than McCoy was making?

I'd change my mind if it turns out that the Raiders were really tanking every season until now so that zombie Al Davis rises from the dead, sign Rich Gannon to a 50 year contract, and have him quarterback a team coached by 80 year old John Madden to the Super Bowl for the next half-century.

Point is: Until either yields fruit from their labor, both appear to be equally awful strategies.

I'd change my mind if it turns out that the Raiders were really tanking every season until now so that zombie Al Davis rises from the dead, sign Rich Gannon to a 50 year contract, and have him quarterback a team coached by 80 year old John Madden to the Super Bowl for the next half-century.

Point is: Until either yields fruit from their labor, both appear to be equally awful strategies.

Eh? I appreciate an over-the-top point being made as much as anybody, but I'm not sure this one landed.

I don't see any scenario where (if it happens) bringing in Murray, Mathews, and Alonso for what it would have cost for McCoy is a bad strategy.

Eh? I appreciate an over-the-top point being made as much as anybody, but I'm not sure this one landed.

I don't see any scenario where (if it happens) bringing in Murray, Mathews, and Alonso for what it would have cost for McCoy is a bad strategy.

Matthews and Alonso played a grand total of 6 games between them last season. And 2014 was the first season in which Murray's durability wasn't questioned, and it took an O-Line featuring three 1st round draft picks and having Dez Bryant out there scaring defenses for that to happen.

I can easily imagine scenarios in which the three of these guys could have less of an impact on the Eagles than McCoy has in Buffalo.

Matthews and Alonso played a grand total of 6 games between them last season. And 2014 was the first season in which Murray's durability wasn't questioned, and it took an O-Line featuring three 1st round draft picks and having Dez Bryant out there scaring defenses for that to happen.

I can easily imagine scenarios in which the three of these guys could have less of an impact on the Eagles than McCoy has in Buffalo.

I actually think McCoy is not a good fit with bills. If somehow Murray landed with eagles, it would be hard to imagine that not being a lethal running back combo. But precedent is there for backs following a year that Murray had last year. Thing that would help him & eagles is he wouldn't have to carry the team the way cowboys had him

I actually think McCoy is not a good fit with bills. If somehow Murray landed with eagles, it would be hard to imagine that not being a lethal running back combo. But precedent is there for backs following a year that Murray had last year. Thing that would help him & eagles is he wouldn't have to carry the team the way cowboys had him

So you think Bradford is better then Romo?

Any eagles wr (do they have any) is better then Dez?

Yeah, from what I can tell, Murray is all they have, and thats if he can stay healthy for the entire season

So you think Bradford is better then romoSUCKS?

Any eagles wr (do they have any) is better then Dez?

Yeah, from what I can tell, Murray is all they have, and thats if he can stay healthy for the entire season

Not even close wrt WR, and No to romoSUCKS/Bradford.  Although, Bradford has more upside (albeit it's a gamble due to injuries) potential than romoSUCKS, due to the age difference.  How old is romoSUCKS?  He had a fantastic year last year, can't see him eclipsing that.

Kelly didn't want to pay 25 year old McCoy 5 years and $40 million ,but...

pays 27 year old Murray (with an injury history) 5 years and $42 million.

He's such a genius. I'm in awe.

If it's truly apples-to-apples, doesn't make sense.  Unless Kelly feels Murray is a significantly better fit.

Oh...and they're essentially the same age, not two years difference. 

Side:  It seems If you didn't go to a school with initials of OU/UO, you can't play for the Eagles.

"So Kelly essentially traded McCoy for Murray and linebacker Kiko Alonso."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/12/kelly-essentially-swapped-mccoy-for-murray-and-alonso/

I think the article is right.  CK wanted Gore, settled for Mathews and then as he was buying Mathews a drink, saw the hotter girl at the bar smiling at him....so....here we are.  If he hadn't of traded McCoy he maybe could have upgraded a S or OL position, but hard to give him too much grief when the Eagles now have a starting ILB and equivalent starting RB.

Edit:  Relying on a guy that had that many carries last year though is concerning and hopefully was taken into account.

He has like 4 RBs that would start for all your teams.

Well, it's obvious that that is the key to a SB winning team. 

Stockpile RBs. Of course each of the last 5 SB winning teams have been 4 deep at RB, you know, since you can use them all at the same time, and since RB is a position of great value in the NFL right now.

Come on man?!  Honestly? You're going to use the Cowboy fans', "our backups could start on any team in the NFL. WE'RE THAT GOOD", statement?

ADDITION:

To be fair, I'm just having fun with the conversation because I don't think it affects the Skins in any way. We're in a century long **** hole. So, mostly I'm just teasing you PE fans. I liked McCoy, I like Murray (but if he were mine I'd be worried about the injury history).

It's the same way I feel about Bradford (having lived in St Louis for the past 6 years). I liked the dude and hoped he'd be able to turn his career around and pull it together, I just don't think his body is made for football.

I never hope anyone gets injured, especially a guy that's as nice as he is, but dude has a terrible record as far as time on the injury list goes.

Murray had 4xx carries last year but was in the 150-250 range the rest of his career. Doubt he gets ridden that hard in Philly with Sproles and Polk on the roster.

If they manage his touches, it's a steal. But the reason his carries were so low, is that he was never healthy. Nagging injuries all season.

Looks like I need a new user name. DOH!

Archived