Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles trade Lesean McCoy to Buffalo

Warhead36

We are about to recreate the Dream Team

God, I hope so. I would really care more about this trade if the Redskins weren't destined for last for the next two years, at least. But these kind of posts always make me smile. Even though we've won just 7 games over the last two years, I am really glad I am not an Eagles fan.

Honestly, if it were me at the draft spot at 5, I wouldnt give Chip Kelly ****. I would call up the Jets and offer this pick to them for Mariota. Or **** it, draft Mariota myself and then trade him to the jets just to ensure that the eagles dont get what they want.

That is unless they offer us some RG3 type deal. I would need their 1st rounder all the way through 2017 in order to do this or else it goes to the Jets for cheap. Gain some extra picks and still get our guy.

Honestly, if it were me at the draft spot at 5, I wouldnt give Chip Kelly ****. I would call up the Jets and offer this pick to them for Mariota. Or **** it, draft Mariota myself and then trade him to the jets just to ensure that the eagles dont get what they want.

That is unless they offer us some RG3 type deal. I would need their 1st rounder all the way through 2017 in order to do this or else it goes to the Jets for cheap. Gain some extra picks and still get our guy.

So you wouldn't take their first and second this year and a first next year? Seriously?

So you wouldn't take their first and second this year and a first next year? Seriously?

I want more then that. A lot more. If I'm moving down from 5 to the 20 ish, I want their first this year AND the next two years as well as at least a couple of 2nds.

We gave up 3 1sts and 2 2nds to move up like four spots. If we're moving down 15 or so spots I want a king's ransom and then some. Then you factor in a division rival.

No. Why would I want to allow Chip Kelly to have exactly what he is looking for? Yeah, it may totally backfire on him, but it also may not and haunt us for a long time. Why not get a 2nd rounder or something like that plus the guy we really want while also screwing our division rival to be stuck with Foles.

No. Why would I want to allow Chip Kelly to have exactly what he is looking for? Yeah, it may totally backfire on him, but it also may not and haunt us for a long time. Why not get a 2nd rounder or something like that plus the guy we really want while also screwing our division rival to be stuck with Foles.

I'll take 3 1sts and 3 2nds and take my chances. Personally I think Mariotta will bust, but even if he's great if you can land 3 Pro Bowl caliber players and 3 other really solid starters, that more than makes up for it. We have way too many holes on our roster to be picky about who we make deals with.

Ultimately it's all moot because I don't see us trading. Chip will probably trade with whoever is picking 2nd-4th.

Chip Kelly is playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers.  He cleared 31.2 million off the books, just today.  The Eagles now have the most cap room in the league.  We are about to recreate the Dream Team, CK Style. 

Eagles probably have the best front seven in the NFL now.  Sign Maxwell and maybe McCourty and the Seahawks will be the 2nd best defense in the league next year.

No idea who is going to run the rock but I will bet anyone in here that the Eagles will run for more yards than the Bills will next year.

finish everything above with.... "on paper" 

Eagles fans tripping right about naw.

B_Q7ZwAU4AAm4AE.jpg
B_Q7gt2U4AIwu3p.jpg

This deal is so lopsided, I just hope Tuesday comes without the Bills backing out.  The only people in the world who think this is even close to an even deal is Rex Ryan, the Bills GM, and posters on Extremeskins.com.  The rest of the free world are saying the Eagles dominated the trade.

Every one of you wish that CK was your head coach.  You will never admit it but the man is as close as you can get to BB without cloning him.  Everyone made the same noise when he dumped Mankins before the season and the team felt no ill effects.  High priced aging talent is good to dump off to unsuspecting bottom dwellars.  It is just surprising that the teams like the Browns and Bills keep doing Browns and Bills type things, year after year.

You give up an established premier catch/run threat 27yo RB for an unproven 24yo OLB coming off a torn ACL? And you don't get picks back? Just a heads up swap? I don't get it.

Let's even more elaborate that it's the 2nd time he tore the same ACL.  Of course that doesn't matter cause Kiko immediately to Eagles fans is the "best MLB in the game".  I don't drink the RG3 koolaide, but according to most Eagles fans.....his career is over cause he tore the same knee twice.  

It's likely the Eagles weren't going to pay a RB.  Good trade from their pov, and if the Bills can ride Shady while they become good it can be a good trade for them too.

They still should wait until he is cut.

Let's even more elaborate that it's the 2nd time he tore the same ACL.  Of course that doesn't matter cause Kiko immediately to Eagles fans is the "best MLB in the game".  I don't drink the RG3 koolaide, but according to most Eagles fans.....his career is over cause he tore the same knee twice.  

He's not even a MLB. Bills were gonna play him on the outside.

The Bills happen to have a lot of really good young LB'ers, which isn't normal. Alonso is one of the best coverage LB in the league.

And you can make that claim how? From 1 season where he tore his ACL (i believe for the second time) and then sat for his second season?

Where have I heard about an amazing rookie season ending with an ACL injury before....

Whoa....all the secret missions from around the world have ended...until the season starts...

I'll take 3 1sts and 3 2nds and take my chances. Personally I think Mariotta will bust, but even if he's great if you can land 3 Pro Bowl caliber players and 3 other really solid starters, that more than makes up for it. We have way too many holes on our roster to be picky about who we make deals with.

Ultimately it's all moot because I don't see us trading. Chip will probably trade with whoever is picking 2nd-4th.

I completely agree. I would take that trade and not even blink at it. Anything less, and the jets can have it for cheap and we still get our guy. Either way, we win.

This deal is so lopsided, I just hope Tuesday comes without the Bills backing out.  The only people in the world who think this is even close to an even deal is Rex Ryan, the Bills GM, and posters on Extremeskins.com.  The rest of the free world are saying the Eagles dominated the trade.

Every one of you wish that CK was your head coach.  You will never admit it but the man is as close as you can get to BB without cloning him.  Everyone made the same noise when he dumped Mankins before the season and the team felt no ill effects.  High priced aging talent is good to dump off to unsuspecting bottom dwellars.  It is just surprising that the teams like the Browns and Bills keep doing Browns and Bills type things, year after year.

I didnt know 26 was considered aging. News to me.

Mankins was 31 FWIW and they have a HOF caliber qb. Keep hoping for BB there...Kelly or the Eagles haven't won anything yet.

The eagles got rid of a running back that was a dissenting voice in the locker room due 10 million and got a LB that might be good, but definitely is cheap. The bills got rid of a guy they didn't miss and picked up a piece essential on a team trying to win with defense and running the ball (which will fail).

Everyone wins on paper.

Anyone trying to evaluate who "won" the trade right now is fooling themselves.  How does Kiko come back from the injury?  How does McCoy play as he continues to age?  How does Kiko play in only his 2nd year as a starter (plenty of examples of guys who balled out early then couldn't keep it up)?  What do they do with this extra cap room?  You have to wait and see how things shake out.

I can't remember who, maybe Chris Russell, said something to the effect of "I don't know if CK is right.  But if you cut DJax, and you trade McCoy, you better not be wrong." 

That is the most interesting takeaway, for me.  How quickly he got rid of the team's two most dangerous playmakers, when both have several good years still in the tank, and the fact (and I do not believe it is a stretch to say this) that he is willing to bet his job on being right about them.

It's going to be funny to watch the genius Chip Kelly's offense struggle to move the ball without any good players, just like they struggled to make big plays last year without D Jax.

Buffalo plays Philly this year too. I bet McCoy burns his former team to cost them a shot at the playoffs, just like Jackson did last year.

Archived