Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FS: Stephen Jones denies knowledge of Dez Bryant 'incriminating video'

TheGoodBits

Multiple reports out there of a "Ray Rice style video" involving Dez Bryant. 

http://www.foxsports.com/southwest/story/dallas-cowboys-dez-bryant-contract-jerry-jones-stephen-jones-incriminating-video-022315

http://seattle.suntimes.com/nfl/7/72/695824/dez-bryant-video-released 

"They say the video is so bad it’s “five times worse than the Ray Rice video and that his “football career is in jeopardy.”" 

Thoughts... if there is really a video, I really wish whoever had it would have waited until after Dallas signed him to a 10 year $100m contract. 

Another thought... the Cowboys are the source of this rumor and are trying to use the rumor mill to create doubts about Dez and drive down his market value. Think of it as negotiation leverage. 

Whatever ends up being true, anything that involves the Cowboys losing always makes me at least a little happy. So let's sit back and wait for the truth about this video. 

"He is really good at football so this has to be a lie"

That's the gist at least

I think it's more along the lines of, if this happened so long ago why hasn't it came out?

I'm hearing it's dealing with a child.

This has been brewing since October and still nothing has surfaced from it. Could be since it involves a minor, nothing can be released.

Dez should've took his millions and signed on the dotted lines months ago.

I think it's more along the lines of, if this happened so long ago why hasn't it came out?

I'm hearing it's dealing with a child.

This has been brewing since October and still nothing has surfaced from it. Could be since it involves a minor, nothing can be released.

Dez should've took his millions and signed on the dotted lines months ago.

I'd assume this is why Dallas has been lowballing him if there are legitimate rumors swirling. Lowballing from his perspective anyway. 

If this really involves something as bad as they say it is than holding onto the video waiting, for a pay day is despicable.

Like I said earlier, Im thinking it involves a child. Only legit reason this hasn't leaked. This has been out since October and maybe Dez was trying to bribe and keep this under wraps.

I'd assume this is why Dallas has been lowballing him if there are legitimate rumors swirling. Lowballing from his perspective anyway.

They didn't lowball him from rumors. I read 13 mill a year was offered. But he wants more. If this is all true he will be lucky to not be in prison.

No idea how accurate this is but makes an interesting read anyway..

This is what the general public doesn't understand about the Dez Bryant video...

The video was recorded by his now former friends. He was hanging around some pretty dark people. Now they aren't friends anymore.

So his ex-friends decided it was time for a pay day. However, noone is going to have possession of that tape until they pay. Whoever it is.

In conclusion, to Cowboys Nation: We don't have the tape. We have screenshots. And we're not leaking anything. Dont need a Cowboys lawsuit.

A deadline was set by Bryant's former friends/extortionists for today for either TMZ or Bryant's team to purchase the tape.

THAT is why there are reports of the tape leaking today. What happens from here on out is between Dez, TMZ, and his former friends.

Legal says I'm not at liberty to comment on the content of the screenshots yet.

BACKGROUND: Mike Florio was a guest on 105.3 The Fan last week and was asked about the possibility of a video. His response was shocking.

“It’s one of the best-kept secrets in the media,” Florio told hosts Shan Shariff and R.J. Choppy.

“A story that all of the major insiders know about, known about it for months, involving a video tape. And the Cowboys are aware of it."

"Dez Bryant is part of "shakedown" led by two former friends that claim to have proof of a domestic incident involving a young lady." -IBN

I hope Dez buys the tape and destroys it. Speaks out about domestic violence and donates tons of money and time to educating the youth in his area on domestic violence. I would hate to see someone's life destroyed over a terrible mistake he made a long, long time ago. Especially a guy who's life was awful growing up and has made major strides in maturity.

I'm not trying to absolve him of it but I'm sick and tired of our vampiric media destroying lives for a profit.

I hope Dez buys the tape and destroys it. Speaks out about domestic violence and donates tons of money and time to educating the youth in his area on domestic violence. I would hate to see someone's life destroyed over a terrible mistake he made a long, long time ago. Especially a guy who's life was awful growing up and has made major strides in maturity.

I'm not trying to absolve him of it but I'm sick and tired of our vampiric media destroying lives for a profit.

What he did, if true, wasn't ok then and isn't ok now.  He should pay for it regardless of whether it's 5-10 years ago or yesterday.  That's like someone finding out of a crime years later and saying, 'nah, he's improved himself, who cares about the rape/domestic abuse/murder/armed robbery/etc.'

What he did, if true, wasn't ok then and isn't ok now. He should pay for it regardless of whether it's 5-10 years ago or yesterday. That's like someone finding out of a crime years later and saying, 'nah, he's improved himself, who cares about the rape/domestic abuse/murder/armed robbery/etc.'

Who said it was okay? No one is absolving him of it. What I'm saying is it's not okay to withhold videos like this and then extort someone years down the line. If what he did was terrible than it should've come out at the time, not when he's going to become a very wealthy man. Hitting another person is not okay, ever but destroying someone's life so you can make a profit shouldn't be either.

If there is sufficient evidence of an actual crime being committed on the tape, couldn't the authorities step in and demand the tape be turned over as evidence?

I am not fond of this entire situation as far as the "pay me, or else......" but that is an entirely different discussion then what is actually on the tape and whether it is something Dez should have to be punished for.

If there is sufficient evidence of an actual crime being committed on the tape, couldn't the authorities step in and demand the tape be turned over as evidence?

The police first have to have sufficient evidence that a crime has been committed...they can't demand the tape be turned over because they suspect a crime might possibly have been committed. They don't have anything now.

Who said it was okay? No one is absolving him of it. What I'm saying is it's not okay to withhold videos like this and then extort someone years down the line. If what he did was terrible than it should've come out at the time, not when he's going to become a very wealthy man. Hitting another person is not okay, ever but destroying someone's life so you can make a profit shouldn't be either.

Except you just said he should buy and then destroy the tape. That scenario means the people extorting him would profit,  and Bryant would get to keep what he did from the public, protecting his reputation and ability to make tens of millions of dollars or more, from having the truth hurt him.

What you claimed to be hoping for, therefore, does make it a lot more "OK" for both Bryant and the alleged extortionists than the tape seeing the light of day would.

Archived