Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FS: Stephen Jones denies knowledge of Dez Bryant 'incriminating video'

TheGoodBits

Except you just said he should buy and then destroy the tape. That scenario means the people extorting him would profit, and Bryant would get to keep what he did from the public, protecting his reputation and ability to make tens of millions of dollars or more, from having the truth hurt him.

What you claimed to be hoping for, therefore, does make it a lot more "OK" for both Bryant and the alleged extortionists than the tape seeing the light of day would.

I never said it was okay. He's going to be punished one way or another. Not wanting to see a guys life destroyed who has clearly done some serious growing up since this event apparently happened isn't me saying its "ok". I still want him to pay for it just done so in positive way. Make him spend massive amounts of time and money educating people on domestic violence. I would certainly suspend him for a year because if he were to purchase said tape it would be admission of guilt.

I'm not talking about him being let off the hook. I still believe he should be punished if there even is a tape. I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm trying to absolve him of guilt Rufus, those weren't my intentions.

I never said it was okay. He's going to be punished one way or another. Not wanting to see a guys life destroyed who has clearly done some serious growing up since this event apparently happened isn't me saying its "ok". I still want him to pay for it just done so in positive way. Make him spend massive amounts of time and money educating people on domestic violence. I would certainly suspend him for a year because if he were to purchase said tape it would be admission of guilt.

I'm not talking about him being let off the hook. I still believe he should be punished if there even is a tape. I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm trying to absolve him of guilt Rufus, those weren't my intentions.

No idea what your intentions are or would be, and the last thing I'm going to do is guess at what's in your brain (I have enough trouble deciphering what's in mine. I'm jus pointing out that what you said you'd like to see happen would, in fact, pout a good deal of money in the pockets of the people you said you didn't want to see profit from this, while allowing Bryant to keep secret the details of whatever he did. Doesn't matter your intent, but that would be the result of what you said you hoped happened.

I suppose we should just stay out of how much punishment he deserves and other finer points like that.  We're already into deep hypothetical, we have no idea what he's even supposed to have done, let alone how badly he did whatever it was. Or even if he did anything. So I guess I'm at least going to try to stay out of discussions of what he deserves or not.

If this really involves something as bad as they say it is than holding onto the video waiting, for a pay day is despicable.

Beyond this, could the Cowboys be involved (hiding in the shadows of course) in the rumored release to get a bargain?  That move would be so very typical of exactly what I would expect from Jerry Jones.  

Seriously though...please tell me all this hoopla is not over a parking lot incident, where no charges were filed, that occurred 5 years ago. You've got to be kidding me.

Doesn't sound like anything yet. Certainly not worse than ray rice, as florio (apparently it was terez owens) or someone had suggested. Unless dez is on video dragging a girl, but the yahoo article doesn't say that.

I was under the impression it was a former friend's cell phone video or something like that? How did Walmart have a video that the police haven't seen? Cuz if they had , wouldn't he have been charged?

This seems to be blackmail and if so this shouldn't be celebrated. "Pay us or we'll ruin your career" is not acceptable and anyone that pays them in the media is behaving horribly as well.

I agree. If the video is horrible, give it to the police.

It would be disgusting if a media entity bought it for making a profit from a crime. So of course, we can expect this on TMZ soon.

I would absolutely not assume that yet. The police report from the Walmart incident was nothing. Agree with that. That doesn't mean that whatever is on the video is nothing. 

Waas gonna say that, too...the police report is not based on the officer watching the video.

I agree. If the video is horrible, give it to the police.

It would be disgusting if a media entity bought it for making a profit from a crime. So of course, we can expect this on TMZ soon.

I'm guessing that, if there is a video and if someone does buy it and if it is indeed that horrible, they are thinking they could both make a profit AND give it to the police. Wouldn't be he first time.

this was written about Dez in 2013!

On if he’s sold that Dez Bryant has changed:

“On Dez…that’s the thing as a personnel guy. You wake up. You don’t sleep at night. And when you wake up, you’re thinking did he go off the reservation today. That was something that we had to deal with. You deal with ok what happened, check TMZ, nothing happened, ok, we’re good for a day. You’re constantly worrying about players because they get put in terrible situations, sometimes by their own doing.”

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/headlines/20130629-ex-scout-bryan-broaddus-dez-bryant-had-the-worst-background-i-had-ever-seen-heading-into-the-nfl-draft.ece

Doesn't sound like anything yet. Certainly not worse than ray rice, as florio (apparently it was terez owens) or someone had suggested. Unless dez is on video dragging a girl, but the yahoo article doesn't say that.

I was under the impression it was a former friend's cell phone video or something like that? How did Walmart have a video that the police haven't seen? Cuz if they had , wouldn't he have been charged?

Wait, that police report means nothing ... a whole bunch could have happened and it was it was covered up by Dez and Co. by the time the police came. 

We don't have to look too far past the Rice case ... wasn't the Rice leaked video from a cell that was used to record the original video being replayed on a monitor/screen? A Walmart employee could have easily done that and sat on it until now, waiting for Dez to get his pay day. 

Wait, that police report means nothing ... a whole bunch could have happened and it was it was covered up by Dez and Co. by the time the police came.

We don't have to look too far past the Rice case ... wasn't the Rice leaked video from a cell that was used to record the original video being replayed on a monitor/screen? A Walmart employee could have easily done that and sat on it until now, waiting for Dez to get his pay day.

Thing is they've been getting paid. It's coming out because Dez stopped paying

The idea that because no charges were filed means this is being blown out of proportion ignores one really really really important fact.  No one disagrees that a woman was dragged across the parking lot, hence why the police were called.  Now, to me it doesnt make much sense for her to show back up, and say she was having a fight with some other guy, and everything was okay.  If you were a woman and were dragged across the parking lot by a random guy, wouldn't you press charges?  It doesnt make sense unless someone is lying.  And when someone is lying, police reports dont get filed.  The police cant make people tell the truth.

Wal Mart said there was no video and that there never was.

Great reporting, Florio and Scheffter. I'm sure Dez will mail you a Christmas card year.

Well of course Wal Mart doesnt have footage.  If a video exists it was never security cam footage.  How would Dez Bryants friends get their hands on Wal Mart security cam footage?  That makes no sense.  No, if there is a video it was always going to be a personal one, Wal Mart saying they have no video means nothing.

So a couple former boys in Dez's inner circle have been fooling the media and guys like Schefter since September about an incriminating video? It blows up over a couple days and appears on the verge of being released or sold to the highest bidder, completely destroying the best player on the Cowboys and suddenly, in the blink of an eye, it's over and there isn't a peep from anyone? Yeah not buying it.

I'm sure those guys are enjoying their Bentley's and mansions

So a couple former boys in Dez's inner circle have been fooling the media and guys like Schefter since September about an incriminating video? It blows up over a couple days and appears on the verge of being released or sold to the highest bidder, completely destroying the best player on the Cowboys and suddenly, in the blink of an eye, it's over and there isn't a peep from anyone? Yeah not buying it.

I'm sure those guys are enjoying their Bentley's and mansions

I'm not sure Dez would outbid TMZ if said video existed. 

Archived