Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

23 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Damn, have the Stream Wars officially begun or is it officially over?

They haven’t even started yet.  Wait for HBO Max, Pea****, and all the other BS riding along one major show to nickel and dime you to death.

That said, Disney has an impressive library based on what they currently own.  For $7 a month, it’s a great deal.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Springfield said:

That said, Disney has an impressive library based on what they currently own.  For $7 a month, it’s a great deal.

Here's what kills me. A few weeks ago they just re-released everything MARVEL & Star Wars on DVD/BluRay/4K with the traditional new cover artwork. And now here it's available for $7 a month to stream with the extras like cut scenes. The only thing I didn't see "extra" wise was a commentary track but the only movie I looked at for "extras" was Empire.

2 hours ago, TK said:

Here's what kills me. A few weeks ago they just re-released everything MARVEL & Star Wars on DVD/BluRay/4K with the traditional new cover artwork. And now here it's available for $7 a month to stream with the extras like cut scenes. The only thing I didn't see "extra" wise was a commentary track but the only movie I looked at for "extras" was Empire.

Also appears that a lot of it is streamable in 4K/HDR/Atmos and all that other jazzy stuff.

New cover art though?

Disney strikes me as a company that is stuck between old media and new media.  And they also own a godly amount of content.

5 hours ago, Springfield said:

The cartoon X Men is on Disney+

You’re welcome

So are the mid 90s FF and Spiderman cartoons.  Complete return to my childhood.

They also have the excellent wolverine and the xmen cartoon as well as xmen evolutions.  I loved those, wish they had gotten more seasons.  The Avengers Assemble cartoon is legitimately good too and it's on there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Is the entire Spider-Man fox cartoon available? I could only find one season. of course I had to play the intro and about drowned in nostalgia but I didn't want because it looked like it started at a later season with Venom. 

I think it's just the first season unfortunately..  It's weird, it says episode ten is episode one.  The first episode is supposed to be Night of the Lizard: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Spider-Man_(1994_TV_series)_episodes#Season_1_(1994–95)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

I will say David Tenant as Kilgrave was the  most fun villian, even ahead of Kingpin.

Absolutely agree. That season of Jessica Jones was easily my fave season of all the Netflix Marvel shows. Then JJ season two came along and shat the bed. I never got past episode 3 of season 3.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/marvel-studios-president-kevin-feige-143444358.html

Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige says MCU's first trans character is coming 'very soon'

A year after the Marvel Cinematic Universe introduced its first openly transgender actor, Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige says the franchise will debut its first openly trans character on the big screen. 

Feige confirmed the news to students at a New York Film Academy panel held in October and posted online Saturday after an audience member asked if Marvel had plans to introduce more LGBTQ characters into the universe, specifically transgender characters.

"Yes, absolutely, yes," Feige said. "And very soon, in a movie we're shooting right now." 

He did not specify which movie the character would be featured in. USA TODAY has reached out to a Marvel Studios representative for comment. 

<edit>

Feige, also Marvel Comics' Chief Creative Officer, pointed to the success the franchise has seen with diversifying its representation with recent movies like 2018's "Black Panther" and 2019's "Captain Marvel," which have respectively grossed $1.3 and $1.1 billion worldwide, according to Box Office Mojo.

"Black Panther" was also the first superhero movie to receive a best picture nomination at the Academy Awards. "With those two film in particular... we wanted to keep showcasing heroes from the comics that represent the world that goes to see our movies. So our intention was always to continue to do that," he said of telling more stories about "Black Panther" and "Captain Marvel" characters.

"What's exciting is that both those movies were such big hits that it squashed any sort of question otherwise and I hope and I think it inspired other companies around the world to do the same thing and tell those different kinds of stories," Feige added.

2019's "Spider-Man: Far From Home" saw the MCU's first openly transgender actor: Zach Barack played a classmate of Peter Parker. His gender identity was not addressed in the brief role.

Speaking at the film's premiere, Barack called for more transgender representation in entertainment, adding that superhero movies “always felt like a trans story because it’s talking about identity.

“It’s about separating what people know about you and what they don’t,” he said. “And I think that’s something I kind of live with every day. And on top of that, I don’t see a lot of trans-masculine people on television or trans men specifically, and getting to be part of that is beyond unreal.”

The 23-year-old Chicago-area native, who also appeared in the TV series “L.A.’s Finest,” said there needs to be more roles for trans people in all sorts of movies.

“The truth is you have to put out there what people want to see and what people need to see,” he said. “And as a young person who is trans, I didn’t see a trans man on TV ever, ever, really, until I was like, 17. So having a fun movie about a class going on a trip together, and I get to be part of that, I can’t even ...”

• Thanks 1

Hope there's a public bathroom scene.  :) 

But more seriously, I really think it's time for folks to pay less attention to this stuff.  For one thing, because it pays too much attention to people's group identity.  Or to quotas.  "We have to make sure that we check this checkbox".  

I was pretty relieved at the way Star Trek did their "We're going to introduce an openly gay character to the bridge" thing.  The entire "coming out" thing was that, when the crew of the Enterprise debarked at the starbase, there was a male person and a child waiting to greet Sulu.  They hugged, walked off.  That was it.  No big dialog.  It was no big deal.  You'd have to be intentionally looking for it to even notice it.  

• 2 weeks later...