Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

• 2 weeks later...

All these Marvel announcements are terrible. Just terrible. I mean "Thor: Love and Thunder"? What, Chris Hemsworth as a NASCAR driver? 

The only one that has me mildly interested is the Silver Surfer movie, but that is still ways off. 

11 hours ago, Mournblade said:

All these Marvel announcements are terrible. Just terrible. I mean "Thor: Love and Thunder"? What, Chris Hemsworth as a NASCAR driver? 

Actually, I never realized how much I want a Days of Thunder remake with Thor as Cruise’s character. It’s his post-thanos post-Asgard existential crisis trying to find thrills etc 

Sign me up. Pitch this to marvel 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Actually, I never realized how much I want a Days of Thunder remake with Thor as Cruise’s character. It’s his post-thanos post-Asgard existential crisis trying to find thrills etc 

Sign me up. Pitch this to marvel 

Product placement opportunities. Maybe Stanley can be his sponsor?  Both a hammer and a Stan Lee reference. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

The MCU hasn't had a real clunker, but they're bound to have one sooner or later. Will one of these be it?

The first couple of Thors and iron man 3 are probably my least favorite so far. I think it really helps that while Marvel has to set an overarching plot structure for their world, they still give directors some freedom to present the movie in a unique way. The clunkers have to happen at some point based solely on the odds, but they're built to withstand a few at this point

20 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

The first couple of Thors and iron man 3 are probably my least favorite so far. I think it really helps that while Marvel has to set an overarching plot structure for their world, they still give directors some freedom to present the movie in a unique way. The clunkers have to happen at some point based solely on the odds, but they're built to withstand a few at this point

it's been a string of hits since they ousted Ike Perlmutter and turned everything over to Kevin Feige.  Feige is a genius IMO, and he did a great job changing the Marvel Studios culture to a more upbeat and artistic and creative one.  He's quite good at picking directors and working with them and creating the space for them to bring their voice and talent to the table.  It feels like the toxicity is gone and the filmmakers are genuinely happy to be working there, and I think that makes a big difference in the work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

My fear are these Disney+ shows might produce one.  

My fear is they might start turning away their broader audience by combining the movies and the shows on Disney + into the same universe.  I lot of people who enjoy the movies didn't watch Agent's of Shield, Daredevil, Peggy Carter etc.  I know some of those shows referenced the movies, but the movies stayed clear of the TV shows so it didn't matter.  Now that Feige has control of the TV shows that's going to change.  I think people will feel like they have to keep up with all these shows to understand what's being built up to in the movies and will walk away because they don't have time for all that.  

19 minutes ago, drowland said:

My fear is they might start turning away their broader audience by combining the movies and the shows on Disney + into the same universe.  I lot of people who enjoy the movies didn't watch Agent's of Shield, Daredevil, Peggy Carter etc.  I know some of those shows referenced the movies, but the movies stayed clear of the TV shows so it didn't matter.  Now that Feige has control of the TV shows that's going to change.  I think people will feel like they have to keep up with all these shows to understand what's being built up to in the movies and will walk away because they don't have time for all that.  

If I had to guess, I would guess the shows will keep the connections to a minimum.  Like, people will know they exist in the same universe, but nothing significant will occur that the movies have to really account for. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

good because the day i have to watch 30 hours of daredevil and 20 hours of jessica jones to know what's going on in the next avengers movie is the day i check out 

Need to put that threat on a postcard and send it to Mickey Mouse himself, too real.