Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Better Call Saul

RawBBQSauce

Tuco's magic isn't really hitting for me like it did in BB. He doesn't seem nearly as unstable and unpredictable. Takes away from the suspense his character provided. Maybe that's cuz he hasn't had a taste of that Blue Sky yet :P?

Think about how suspenseful that scene was where Walt and Jessie were in Tio's trailer with Tuco. I think I might have suffered a panic attack watching that scene because Tuco was so bat-**** crazy. He was also sniffing that stuff every 5 minutes lol.

He hasn't gone full tweaker yet but he's headed that way. When he was on the phone telling them to bring the van he also told them to bring some NoDoz.

So that old dude Chuck...is that his brother? At first I thought it was his dad, and he was calling him by his first name because of Alzheimer's or something, but I think I missed something either way or I'm forgetting a factoid from BB.

Chuck is definitely Jimmy's older brother.

He hasn't gone full tweaker yet but he's headed that way. When he was on the phone telling them to bring the van he also told them to bring some NoDoz.

No Doz is the street name of one of his guys.

I'm predicting it now...

Tuco's grandmother (or mom or aunt or whatever the relation of the lady in the house) is going to die at some point in the series, if not during this season and that is gonna be the point that sets him over the edge and turn him into the full blown Tuco that we all know.

Tuco!!! Yes! were only two episodes in, and Saul has already been held at gunpoint and ducktaped face down in the desert.

Better Call Saul has some huge shoes to fill, especially with all the BB hangovers out there. But it's off to a good start

There is absolutely no way that breaking bad was the greatest show ever made. None. I'm going to make this my crusade.

People fell in love with the final two seasons which were incredibly well done, and completely gloss over several years of Aaron Paul whining like a little **** for 12 straight episodes, mixed in with constant bickering and fighting with Heisenberg. It was lazy and redundant.

The Wire

I think Nodoz was the name of one of Tuco's henchmen LOL.  The big dude

The drawbacks of watching this with my wife........I don't pick up on things like that.  That was never an issue with Breaking Bad because she never made it past the bathtub scene from season 1.

Makes sense. Gives them two nights of content instead of one that goes late that might lose them ratings on TTD due to the time. Plus, it keeps TWD fresh on everyone's mind when TTD comes on.

Wonder if they're gonna do anything like that for BCS. Probably not since they won't have Hardwick to do it.

All in after the first two episodes.  Gilligan is a great story teller and its going to be a fun ride to see him make the transformation from McGill to Saul (forgot that he changed his name!).  Great to see him as he is right now, down on his luck and in a tough spot but you can see the potential there, the ability to talk and weave his way out of sticky situations and to think on his feet is apparent, he just needs a bit of a break.  I was really rooting for him to pull off that scam on that **** housewife and then was really surprised to see Tuco there.  Also looking forward to seeing how he figures out that Mike is going to be a key player for him after getting upset with him for the stickers.  :) 

I can't wait until they explore Saul's life in Nebraska and his arrival in Omaha. Glad Gilligan is talking of exploring that down the road.  

I have watched the opening scene ( Saul at Cinnabon/ his apartment) a few times...great film making.  A thumbs up for the Rusty Nail. :)

Tasty drink. 

It's off to a solid start. I'm not usually a fan of these type of spinoffs because in order to raise the stakes and drama, it cheapens the original show.

However, I am interested to see where it turns up. Odenkirk is brilliant.

Also, every show has its poor moments. BB started off slow compared to what it ended up being but even the beginning was very good drama and it got most of us hooked until things escalated.

On a related note, I had totally missed Breaking Bad when it was on TV (not a big TV watcher and didn't have cable at the time anyway).   I I had heard it was pretty good so just bit the bullet and got the entire series which came  Friday night.   This whole weekend, I had been feeling like one of the meth junkies they depict in the series

Because a couple of hours ago, I finished season 4.....

Yeah, I'm pleasantly surprised so far. I didn't have high expectations at all but I think BCS is very well-done!

I honestly had the fear that it was going to be cheesy/corny and at best average.  I thought they might try to make it too much of a comedy.  I was wrong.  It's got a perfect amount of humor mixed in with just enough gangster/criminal stuff and his personal struggles.

I hope that in the end we are blessed with some of what was going on with him, during the BB era.  Like, get to see from his perspective (what he was doing, working on, etc.) when it starts to overlap in that period in his life.

Maybe even a cameo of Jesse or Walt.  

Archived