Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Better Call Saul

RawBBQSauce

It's good so far. It's not ****-your-pants good like the first couple episodes of Bb but it's definitely solid. I think Bob Odenkirk is showing that he has the ability to carry a show, which is pleasantly surprising.

Think about how different his character is in the current moment in time of the show and how much swag he has towards the middle and end of Bb.

I also find it interesting how it looks as though the way this whole thing gets started with him creating his own "firm" (if you could call it that :P) is by getting involved with drug dealers who are trying to rip off embezzlers lol.

Real talk, it already has a better start than Breaking Bad. BB didn't really have a great opening. I mostly started liking it when Walt went Heisenberg on Tuco.

lol wut

You do remember the pilot of Bb, right? The one where it opens with Walt standing in the middle of the street in his underwear with a gun pointed at the police?

Real talk, it already has a better start than Breaking Bad. BB didn't really have a great opening. I mostly started liking it when Walt went Heisenberg on Tuco.

Agreed. Breaking Bad had a fairly slow start. I think BCS already has a better start. Remains to be seen of course if it can sustain but so far I'm loving it.

lol wut

You do remember the pilot of Bb, right? The one where it opens with Walt standing in the middle of the street in his underwear with a gun pointed at the police?

It was good but I had no reason to be wowed by a middle aged man in an underwear, middle of the road, with a gun. At the beginning Walt is just a sad, suburban family man who just got diagnosed with cancer and became even sadder.

BB really starts when Walt blows up Tuco's office.

For the life of me, is there any music, like not scored original music, but music by recording artists? 

I'm liking it, not really blown away, but it is real entertaining. I think they might be relying on BB characters too much as a crutch, but I'm not really complaining too bad about that. 

Great one liners and the camera work is amazing. Loved the Courtroom/coffee machine scene where he's buckled down and doing all the court work - good stuff. 

Most technically beautiful sequence of the show so far, for sure. There was something really heart-warming about that scene, too.

heartwarming? really ... what made you feel that? that's interesting. 

I was so caught up in the visual ride ... it was amazing. Its a real treat when they do that. 

The coffee machine scene was brilliant.  Showing the rat race, the grind, the "groundhog day" that most peoples live consist of at work, routines, etc.  I loved how at the end of that scene, the coffee machine broke, cup falling over, coffee pouring on the side of it wasted.  

Symbolizing that his entire life was about to be turned upside down.  No more "Mr. public defender, making ends meat, etc."  But, your life is about to change.  At least that's what I took it to mean.

heartwarming? really ... what made you feel that? that's interesting. 

I was so caught up in the visual ride ... it was amazing. Its a real treat when they do that. 

Heartwarming because he was picking himself up. He listened to what Chuck said about PD work being some of the most important work you can do to establish yourself. He was taking pride in his work, working hard, and enjoying it, without shame. There is something heartwarming about someone busting their butt and doing things the right way. It even earned him a sweet smile from that lady friend of his at the big boy law firm. :)

Heartwarming because he was picking himself up. He listened to what Chuck said about PD work being some of the most important work you can do to establish yourself. He was taking pride in his work, working hard, and enjoying it, without shame. There is something heartwarming about someone busting their butt and doing things the right way. It even earned him a sweet smile from that lady friend of his at the big boy law firm. :)

yeah, i feel you there. I like the addition of  his brother, can't wait to see how all that plays out. 

its been a good ride so far. 

I thought the breadsticks scene was hilarious ...

I kinda want Tuco to get his own spinoff now.

Tuco's magic isn't really hitting for me like it did in BB. He doesn't seem nearly as unstable and unpredictable. Takes away from the suspense his character provided. Maybe that's cuz he hasn't had a taste of that Blue Sky yet :P?

Think about how suspenseful that scene was where Walt and Jessie were in Tio's trailer with Tuco. I think I might have suffered a panic attack watching that scene because Tuco was so bat-**** crazy. He was also sniffing that stuff every 5 minutes lol.

Tuco's magic isn't really hitting for me like it did in BB. He doesn't seem nearly as unstable and unpredictable. Takes away from the suspense his character provided. Maybe that's cuz he hasn't had a taste of that Blue Sky yet :P?

Think about how suspenseful that scene was where Walt and Jessie were in Tio's trailer with Tuco. I think I might have suffered a panic attack watching that scene because Tuco was so bat-**** crazy. He was also sniffing that stuff every 5 minutes lol.

IMO they've tuned his craziness just right.  Remember this is - what? - ten years previous?  He's a Webelo who hasn't yet earned his full-on crazy badge.  We're just now seeing the seeds of that craziness sprouting.

I liked how Jimmy  instinctively picked up on how to appeal to Tuco as he pleads for the sk8boarders' lives - talk about their poor hardworking mother, let Tuco be the judge because of course you'll be fair in meting out JUSTICE!

I didn't understand it at first. Like I thought the action of the guy breaking the sticks was what was annoying him. Until he ran to the bathroom and I realized he couldn't stop thinking about "one leg each" :lol:

I know, it's funny my wife who  is pretty perceptive had no clue why I was chuckling ... I got the reference instantly.  

I like how the leg breaking scene kind of steered the show back to that violent/dark feel BB had  ... quick. 

IMO they've tuned his craziness just right.  Remember this is - what? - ten years previous?  He's a Webelo who hasn't yet earned his full-on crazy badge.  We're just now seeing the seeds of that craziness sprouting.

I liked how Jimmy  instinctively picked up on how to appeal to Tuco as he pleads for the sk8boarders' lives - talk about their poor hardworking mother, let Tuco be the judge because of course you'll be fair in meting out JUSTICE!

yeah, that was masterful ... totally hit on that. neat how he was kind of in a courtroom at that moment. 

love the, "I got you 6 months parole from a death sentence" line. 

You could have a spinoff on Gustavo Fring and his dealings with the cartel. That would be entertaining as hell.

that would be amazing, just because he's a total blank slate. we know so little about him except for that one flashback.  even his name is mysterious ... i wonder if him having an accent when speaking spanish was intentional. 

So that old dude Chuck...is that his brother? At first I thought it was his dad, and he was calling him by his first name because of Alzheimer's or something, but I think I missed something either way or I'm forgetting a factoid from BB.

It's gotta be either his brother or cousin.

Archived