Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Grilling and Cooking Thread

steve09ru

7 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

How is the Jiffy Pizza Crust mix? We've been using a frozen pizza crust put out by Midtown Pizza and sold by HEB. If your in the mood for a brick oven pizza, it is great. I've been trying various mixes, but haven't found anything I love yet. Myabe, I should try a homemade version.

I'll let you know tomorrow. I didn't know about the frozen Midtown Pizza crust, I'll look for it the next time I'm in HEB. BTW, I love this store, plus their name products are great. I hardly ever by national brands anymore. Plus they're cost effective on a fixed budget.  The Jiffy Mix is 62¢.

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I'll let you know tomorrow. I didn't know about the frozen Midtown Pizza crust, I'll look for it the next time I'm in HEB. BTW, I love this store, plus their name products are great. I hardly ever by national brands anymore. Plus they're cost effective on a fixed budget.  The Jiffy Mix is 62¢.

I love their stuff as well. Fantastic. Also, try out the Central Market black bean, corn, and cilantro salsa. We love it on eggs with some cheese. We've lived here a year and half and we have learned this storm is awesome. Although, I really don't like their cakes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I love their stuff as well. Fantastic. Also, try out the Central Market black bean, corn, and cilantro salsa. We love it on eggs with some cheese. We've lived here a year and half and we have learned this storm is awesome. Although, I really don't like their cakes.

I've been here 2 years this June. I don't get their cakes, except I tried the German chocolate cake, that was good. I think it's a better store than Giant back home.

• Like 1

Here's my pizza, right out of the oven. It's cooling, so I will update after eating some.

Update: I cut it into fours and ate two. It was pretty good, not outstanding crust. The cheese melted great and the Genoa salami wasn't greasy. Next time I'll try the Midtown crusts.

IMG_20200920_183316380.jpg

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

My wife & her twin sister celebrated their birthday Tuesday by making these appetizers. It kept them busy not thinking about their first birthday in 66 years without their mother who we laid to rest in Arlington National Cemetery late last month. She passed away almost 1 year ago but had to wait due to Covid. The cheeseball was covered with crushed cheetos. We had a nice family cookout...

Party.jpg.1429a3bf0abcb344154c97f09f341d13.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...