Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Grilling and Cooking Thread

steve09ru

Got the boneless thighs on the smoker.  Doing a Halloween cookout in the culdesac with a smoked brisket chili and a white chili.

rubbed with oil, paprika, salt, pepper, brown sugar, cayenne, garlic and onion powder and let that soak in for 24 hours

D0B646AB-CAFE-44CA-84B3-6EA0589003D2.jpeg

• Like 6

It's been cold all week here in lovely Cedar Park. I'm making some clam chowder. Potatoes and onions almost cooked, baking bacon in the oven, then chop them up and drop in. Then mix in some low fat milk and heavy cream, and salt and pepper.. 

I cube the potatoes and just cover with water until some get mushy to help thicken. That way you don't have to drain the water. Add milk products until you reach the desired consistency.

• Like 4

It's been a cooking frenzy at my house the last couple of days. I used my vacuum sealer to packaged 9 pork chops, I threw in the freezer a pork roast my daughter gave me (big sale at her store), cooked clam chowder (5 portions, froze 4), prepped and froze 3 cube steaks with rice and broth, cooked some green beens for gumbo, and made pepper steak (4 portions, froze 3). Tomorrow I'm making beef stroganoff, the cutting up and freezing some chicken leg quarters. Wednesday is shrimp gumbo night. I saved that for last because the shrimp is frozen and the chopped clams are canned. 

I have some sage sausage I'll make into patties and freeze for egg muffins. I bought bacon for the clam chowder and have some left for BLTs. 

Altogether I pretty good variety for the month!

• Like 4

Last of my marathon cooking, I made some shrimp gumbo from my mom's recipe. Have enough to freeze a bunch. 

I used to make these recipes that were originally for four people, and try to reduce to one serving. Now I can make the full recipe and freeze the rest for individual meals. This makes me happy!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Last of my marathon cooking, I made some shrimp gumbo from my mom's recipe. Have enough to freeze a bunch. 

I used to make these recipes that were originally for four people, and try to reduce to one serving. Now I can make the full recipe and freeze the rest for individual meals. This makes me happy!

Me too!  I love it when I get ahead of myself, makes things easier later. 

The team disappointed me today, however, because I was already on HIGH...I was gonna do steak fried rice (those PF Changs boxes have 2 bags in them), but then Domino's bacon jalapeno stuffed cheesy bread popped in my head, and some version of chicken something. 

• Haha 1

Had to scrap some ingredients for pizza last minute so went with a bottom layer of cream cheese, topped with basil pesto and a light mozerella and cheddar mix with pepperoni chunks and sauce on top (completely forgot sauce earlier ha!) with a little Parmesan&romano, oregano and Italian seasoning

0F90D83E-35CE-4109-B61C-0BF516DBFAAA.jpeg

0D2C8785-E524-41BF-956F-70050EE24813.jpeg

16874066-E580-4E43-AF76-A928178C0E27.jpeg

Edited by steve09ru
  • Like 6