Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC.com: Charlie Hebdo: Gun attack on French magazine kills 12

Slateman

I'm still not sure how it's absurd to assume a competent gun owner would be unable to shoot someone who is mostly stationary from 40 yards away, but that's fine. Agree to disagree.

Because it never, ever actually happens in real life.   Its a NRA fantasy.  

Religious fanaticism will be the downfall of us all.

Don't limit it to religion. Fanaticism is the problem and there are non religious fanatics that have caused tremedous suffering as well (ie Nazis, Communists etc). But  lately it has been primarily Islamic fanatics that are the problem.

Because it never, ever actually happens in real life.   Its a NRA fantasy.  

never say never  :)

http://www.kens5.com/story/local/2015/01/07/10265514/

it is true most have the good sense to get under cover and let the folk getting paid take care of it.....and not leave their ass hanging with a grand jury.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/08/daniel-zimmerman/one-year-later-vic-stacy-and-the-peach-house-shootout/

^ I agree with that.  These Islamic extremists are very sensitive to criticism of their ideals/religion. 

On a separate note, I've been thinking: what is it about Islam that makes it so prone to extremism?  It is the most extreme religion in the world.  I think a lot of it has to do with the regions in which it is most prevalent and the history of wars against its subscribers.

^ I agree with that.  These Islamic extremists are very sensitive to criticism of their ideals/religion. 

On a separate note, I've been thinking: what is it about Islam that makes it so prone to extremism?  It is the most extreme religion in the world.  I think a lot of it has to do with the regions in which it is most prevalent and the history of wars against its subscribers.

Lack of education and lack of separation of church and state.

Two things:

- God have always been the main reason throughout the ages that get people killed for.

- Nowadays the first and foremost victims of the terrorism are Muslims.

Hard to keep a heads up today...

It's unfortunate that Islamic terrorists and pissant, gout-stricken Asian dictators are never going to come to the realization that those of us who live in free countries really, really, REALLY value our freedom of speech and expression and the more they attack and try to suppress us, the more pissed off and retaliatory we get.  **** you radical Islam and **** you Kim Jong Un.  If you all need me, I'll be posting Charlie Hebdo cartoons on my Twitter and downloading additional copies of "The Interview" all. day. long.

Don't limit it to religion. Fanaticism is the problem and there are non religious fanatics that have caused tremedous suffering as well (ie Nazis, Communists etc). But  lately it has been primarily Islamic fanatics that are the problem.

Yep.   Unfortunately, it was a lot easier to crush the Nazis since they actually ran the German State and were open about who they were.   

Terrorism by non-state actors is really hard to fight.

Yep.   Unfortunately, it was a lot easier to crush the Nazis since they actually ran the German State and were open about who they were.   

Terrorism by non-state actors is really hard to fight.

Religion isn't always bad, but that's for another thread.

I agree, those who do harm behind masks and psychotic ramblings of hate are difficult to deal with.

I feel for the people of France, specifically the people in that and surrounding buildings.  Life won't be the same again. 

All the more reason I hate religion.

Maybe hate is too strong of a word, but I certainly think it is a bunch of mythical nonsense. None of it is true. All it leads to is differences, conflict, and war.

Its a belief/tool, that can be used to do good or evil, depending entirely on the person who uses it. Most religions seem to advocate peace, but there is no denying that various passsages are either left to interpretation, ignored, or abused to fit ones motives.

But to simply condemn all religion, imo, is a tired and lazy approach

What is stupidly weird, to me at least, is that imagery of ANY prophet or god is forbidden in Islam. Where is the uproar over Jesus as a reoccurring character on family guy? The Islamist extremists have deified their prophet to a level even about Allah, which is hilariously sad. I wonder if they are even aware of their own hypocrisy.

I hope they find these mentally challenged douche ****s and give em a slow....slowwwwwww....death. 

What is stupidly weird, to me at least, is that imagery of ANY prophet or god is forbidden in Islam. Where is the uproar over Jesus as a reoccurring character on family guy? The Islamist extremists have deified their prophet to a level even about Allah, which is hilariously sad. I wonder if they are even aware of their own hypocrisy.

I hope they find these mentally challenged douche ****s and give em a slow....slowwwwwww....death. 

Islam doesn't have a 'new testament' which repealed old laws.  Their belief system is based on 2000 year old traditions, to the letter.

They need a change movement to push them to a position to be more accepting.  Even the pope accepts homosexuality...and that aliens may live on other planets. If the Vatican can change, anyone can.

Catch up with the times Islamics. Hate mongering and genocide will not be tolerated anywhere on Earth.

Islam doesn't have a 'new testament' which repealed old laws.  Their belief system is based on 2000 year old traditions, to the letter.

They need a change movement to push them to a position to be more accepting.  Even the pope accepts homosexuality...and that aliens may live on other planets. If the Vatican can change, anyone can.

Catch up with the times Islamics. Hate mongering and genocide will not be tolerated anywhere on Earth.

I'm well aware, I was raised muslim, glad I left. Islam's problem is that most muslim's use the unchanged nature of the koran as a talking point when discussing their religions validity over others. Little do they realize time has left them FAR behind. You change the koran, and you might as well crap all over their faith. Weird thing, rarely do muslims follow the koran in absolutes, so why not, you know, start allowing for modern changes. 

Looks like they've ID'd all the attackers.  How the heck they did that so quickly, who knows; I thought they'd have a much more difficult time ID'ing them.

It is pretty impressive, especially when you compare it to the Boston bombing investigation where they didn't have an ID of the suspects until one of them was on a slab in the morgue. If those two hadn't carjacked a car with a GPS tracker who knows how long it would have taken to find them.

It is pretty impressive, especially when you compare it to the Boston bombing investigation where they didn't have an ID of the suspects until one of them was on a slab in the morgue. If those two hadn't carjacked a car with a GPS tracker who knows how long it would have taken to find them.

No kidding.  Looks like there's now a report that two of the suspects are in custody and one is dead.  

Part of me hopes the cops just save everyone the time and money and execute them on the spot like the terrorists did to their comrades. I know I should take the moral high road here, but I'm so sick of these asshole Islamic radicals, they don't deserve trials.  Jeesh, the video of the execution of the cop pleading for his life with his hands up has really switched me over to the full on "**** you" mode. 

Looks like they've ID'd all the attackers.  How the heck they did that so quickly, who knows; I thought they'd have a much more difficult time ID'ing them.

They're saying all 3 left their ID's in the car.

Which is fueling the conspiracy theories of false flag/global conspiracy against muslim stuff already.

We'll see how accurate these reports are later on I guess,but right now Mirror UK reporting one of the suspects just turned himself in and there is a police raid going on in Reims that might have something to do with the other two. 

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/charlie-hebdo-paris-shooting-live-4933848

reading that, among other 'articles', made me think of this: http://i.imgur.com/O5jlE7U.jpg

Archived