Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zoony Bin: The official '15 offseason Twitter thread, Whine room now open serving Francis Copious Speculation Cab, Lavar buffet Incl., tips included

SWFLSkins

I try to tell people I work with (and myself) a lot that the popularity of an idea and the validity of an idea are completely independent, but I don't think that, being social creatures, we can 100% subscribe to that.

Say 600 years ago, people didn't think that the world was flat, they KNEW it.  Would swear their lives on it and actually take yours if you disagreed.  The world isn't flat, never was, but because it was a popular idea, it was accepted as true.

You and I are talking about burgundy or gold being the better color, and some random person walks by and I ask, "Hey Joe, isn't burgundy the better color?"  I've already made my choice that if he agrees, then he's right, and if he disagrees, then he's wrong.  Same thing goes for everything else when there can be differing opinions.

your analogy doesn't work because everybody (that's not a stupid idiot) knows burgundy is the better color. ;)  

@AdamSchefter: Interesting: Washington granted permission to Buffalo to interview Redskins offensive line coach Chris Foerster, per source.

Yesss

'Alright everyone. What's the direct line to the Buffalo Bills HQ? Lets tell them how awesome of a coach forrester can be. He's gonna need some references. 

Wilco--Then why do you love him? Because he's loud during training camp?

Because he brings energie, excited players. I feel like he is the guy that after a INT comes at the DB to do a chestbump. He kinda reminds me of a player on a NBA bench. XD Mike Tomlin has that same style.

I think Rah is a players coach who should focus on that. The players and not be the mastermind who is out smarting the nerdy o-coördinator on the other side if the field.

Still don't get why people would be that upset with a Morris hire?    This team won 7 games over the past 2 seasons, not only is it very hard to produce worse results, if we do somehow worse, we get the clean sweep of the staff we probably need - under a GM with the clout to hire the next regime.   If somehow Jay/Ray shock us all the better...but really 2015 with this personnel and we're wringing our hands about a DC hire?

@Russellmania980 skins and fans waiting for puff of white smoke from @Russellmania980 for his pick for DC to replace his beloved Haz.

@jaboch Nahhh..man..you guys can pick whoever you want and clearly that will be the answer to the problem. Doesn't matter to me.

@Russellmania980 @jaboch you mad?

----------------

Dianna Marie Russini ‏@NBCdianna  45m

The hire Gruden is about to make for DC will either keep him afloat or sink his ship. Could be his most important decision as a Redskin.-----------------------

@NBCdianna then he should keep interviewing candidates

I try to tell people I work with (and myself) a lot that the popularity of an idea and the validity of an idea are completely independent, but I don't think that, being social creatures, we can 100% subscribe to that.

Say 600 years ago, people didn't think that the world was flat, they KNEW it.  Would swear their lives on it and actually take yours if you disagreed.  The world isn't flat, never was, but because it was a popular idea, it was accepted as true.

As an example of your point (which I agree with entirely,) people just know that people thought the world was flat but people stopped thinking that like a thousand years before Columbus sailed the ocean blue.  At least anyone remotely in the know, I don't know if any of us can speak for a peasant or slave on the fringes.

Because he brings energie, excited players. I feel like he is the guy that after a INT comes at the DB to do a chestbump. He kinda reminds me of a player on a NBA bench. XD Mike Tomlin has that same style.

I think Rah is a players coach who should focus on that. The players and not be the mastermind who is out smarting the nerdy o-coördinator on the other side if the field.

His players seemed really excited to blow assignment after assignment in coverage.

I don't know who's more at fault for our DB's struggles, Haslett or Morris--but I don't particularly care, because if he wasn't good enough to get his DB's to do the right thing despite whatever Haslett was doing, then he isn't good enough to coach an entire defense.

I wasn't expecting him to make our ****ty secondary into the Seahawks secondary, just to keep them from making 3-5 huge, mind-bogglingly awful coverage snafu's per game. That's basic stuff, "know where you're supposed to be and what you're supposed to be doing".

He didn't have a secondary full of guys getting beat by better players (like in past years, Doughty being in position but being beaten by a beastly Andre Johnson). He had a secondary full of guys who had no idea what they were supposed to be doing on a play-by-play basis.

There are a group of Twitter spammers who have spent the last 3 years doing essentially nothing other than hyping RGIII starting his senior year at Baylor

Endless "film" studies (complete bs) and lashing out at anyone who disagrees... Quick to throw Shanahan under the bus, now they're throwing Gruden under the bus

It's the only thing they can do. Well, not the only thing. They could also admit they are essentially full of ****. But they would never do that. Easier to lash out at Gruden.

So now we are concerned with their opinions? Hilarious. One of those Twitter guys admitted on this board that he didn't even start watching football until 2010.

Who follows these clowns? And who cares what their opinion is?

I don't think hiring Norv was a horrible decision.

True, Turner never won 14 games like Schottenheimer did in his final season, but then again how often do teams repeat 2-loss seasons?? Also, Turner took over that team and made deeper playoff runs than Marty ever did.

I agree. The fact Norv took SD deeper in the playoffs is the biggest selling point.

Oh Zoony, you wouldn't believe how many follow and repost these guys thoughts. Their stuff is posted on every message board I belong too lol

Well, they've spent a long time building up "credibility" and not really breaking much if any news. And not to make it awkward, but their connection to/relationship with TK grants them a kind of legit status here whether they've earned it or not.

Well, they've spent a long time building up "credibility" and not really breaking much if any news. And not to make it awkward, but their connection to/relationship with TK grants them a kind of legit status here whether they've earned it or not.

Legit status? I know what you're saying, but it shouldn't be so to anyone with their own decently functioning mind.

(zero reflection on TK's enjoyment of twitter and it applies to more than folks associated with, or gets associated with, TK on twitter )

And before I go on, I want to say I really like this thread and the guys who caretake it nonetheless for what entertainment and other value it does bring to many members. And they know that.

Per this from zoony:

There are a group of Twitter spammers who have spent the last 3 years doing essentially nothing other than hyping RGIII starting his senior year at Baylor

Endless "film" studies (complete bs) and lashing out at anyone who disagrees... Quick to throw Shanahan under the bus, now they're throwing Gruden under the bus

It's the only thing they can do. Well, not the only thing. They could also admit they are essentially full of ****. But they would never do that. Easier to lash out at Gruden. 

I'm not "defending" Jay--I've posted my assessments on him clear enough--or even Mike S when I make this comment, but zoony's words apply real well to a number of posters on competing sides of those matters as I have rather notably been stating in various threads.  Even given what boards like this are for, and the nature of repetition being a staple, how self-indulgently compulsive do you have to be to keep going at it like a select group here? It lowers everything about the board. They better identity themselves to themselves and get a grip. 

BTW, when coming from such types,  they should save the  "we're traumatized" BS. We all deal with it, and most aren't doing the crap I'm indicting. Might also keep in mind that the staff have to live with the team's sorry ass state fo-evah as fans just like anyone else, plus have to wade through all this ****.

It’s official. Woody has named Mike Maccagnan our new General Manager.

Jim Schwartz as #Redskins def. coord.? He's close w/ Gregg Williams & Jeff Fisher, who is friend of Mike Shanahan. Yeah, not happening.

One of those Twitter guys admitted on this board that he didn't even start watching football until 2010.

Which one was that?

New York Jets@nyjets 14m14 minutes ago

It’s official. Woody has named Mike Maccagnan our new General Manager.

Gary Fitzgerald@GaryRFitzgerald 9m9 minutes ago

Jim Schwartz as #Redskins def. coord.? He's close w/ Gregg Williams & Jeff Fisher, who is friend of Mike Shanahan. Yeah, not happening.

Which one was that?

Haha, we're still such a joke organization. Going to take a while to erase that well deserved reputation. Hopefully this DC search is indeed Gruden's call.

One of them was an incredibly insufferable brat. Never seen anything like it

I can think of a few, and likely know exactly who you mean here, but I can also give you a list of similar folk. And most people have no idea how much work I (and sometimes other staff) try to do with some such folks to keep them around without "repressing" their egos because I think it might be worth it to the board---up to a point.

When they keep being a problem, they are most often removed as they (almost all) eventually accumulate enough rule violation/moderator actions to merit it. 

(another result of the ego perhaps--"I really don't need to know and comprehend the rules because i'm super smart and awesome and what I do is great." Or they figure they will "debate" and "argue", often insultingly and presumptuously <ego> with the moderator rather than stepping back to listen and discuss respectfully when offered)

I have trouble believing Shwartz would reject the position simply because of his relationships with Williams, Fisher and, as an extension of that, to Shanahan. Seems weird that that'd be the reason... I just can't see any of them really stopping him or getting mad if he were to take the job.

Seems like a stretch to me.   

There is no credibility buildup, It's ****ing twitter man, lol. grainofsalt.jpg

I get more sold info on this board discussing football with the likes of you, submitted, KDawg especially and countless others.....twitter just seems so reactionary, inflammatory it makes this board look like zanax sleeping on nyquil. 

Archived