Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zoony Bin: The official '15 offseason Twitter thread, Whine room now open serving Francis Copious Speculation Cab, Lavar buffet Incl., tips included

SWFLSkins

This is as <insert politically incorrect word for "developmentally challenged"> as I've seen the board in a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng time. So many posters, even long-time multi-thousand posts guys, seem absolute slaved to saying the same **** over and over and over (and I mean well beyond the norm, which is to be repetitive) and even when something has yet to happen they're flying off. So disappointing to see so many people so gratuitously dumbing this board down so much.

I don't get it.

It amazes me someone says something on twitter, and people take it as gospel, damn people, don't get your underwear wadded up over someone saying Morris or etc is going to be the DC.

It's the reason I don't hang here as much anymore.

Rick Snider swore on twitter that the only reason Scot M was hired as GM was due to fan backlash at merely giving AJ Smith an "enhanced role" and that fans influenced Dan Snyder because they saw through his ruse. And I like Snider for the most part.

It's the reason I don't hang here as much anymore.

Rick Snider swore on twitter that the only reason Scot M was hired as GM was due to fan backlash at merely giving AJ Smith an "enhanced role" and that fans influenced Dan Snyder because they saw through his ruse. And I like Snider for the most part.

I like Snider a lot too, but honestly, I'm not buying that.  It could be true.  It also could be false.  

Here's where I think the story came from: Somebody in the building told Snider that they THOUGHT that the reason SM was hired was because of the fan backlash.

Just like the Adam Shefter story earlier in the year where he quoted 3 sources inside the building that they THOUGHT that the decision to start Griffin came from above Jay.

I would imagine that the only 2 people who REALLY know why SM was hired are Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen.  And neither of them are going to tell Snider anything.

My 2 cents.  

Yeah, I'm still holding on to hope we hire someone who's had recent success and we can feel good about. I'm going to ignore this noise for now. We had reports claiming that Raheem was pretty much a done deal early on and that we couldn't even get legit D Coordinators to interview because they didn't want to be tied to Gruden.

Then we ended up interviewing or getting permission to interview Wade, Donatelli, Norton, Mangini, etc...

So, yeah, looks like people are just throwing crap around right now. 

I think Jumbo is referencing the utter melt-down on this board about an unsubstantiated rumor that Rah is the DC based off some twitter grumblings ... 

I thnk he's referencing about 15-20 melt-downs over the past few weeks based on unsubstantiated rumors.

If Raheem Morris is hired as DC, I'm pretty sure I'm going to write a post saying that I think that was a bad idea, and would not have gone in that direction.  I would point out that he has never been a DC, and if you're supposed to show that you're good at your current job in order to get a promotion, he hasn't exactly done that.  He was fired as a HC, and hasn't been stellar as a DB coach either.  

However, I also think that writing that post BEFORE he's hired is probably not prudent.  Because if you write a scathing post about a guy who was hired, and then he's not hired, you end up looking foolish.

For those history geeks, think about Truman holding up the Newspaper the day after the presidential election which has a headline that says his opponent won.  (Which, of course, wasn't accurate.)

Eddie Goldman leaving Florida State for NFL, per report #Noles #FSU http://sbnation.com/e/7300226 

On Cardale Jones NFL situation, thought of Jay Schroeder at UCLA who started one college game before being 3rd round pick by WSH in 1984.

Shamless plug for my guy:

Have the winter blahs? Perk up with http://SkinsBook100.com .

For those that don't know, Eddie Goldman is born and bred DMV. Total mammoth of a man. 

If I'm not being referenced in this post:

It sucks, because getting a real GM should still be overshadowing all of this.  I feel like I got an "A" on my midterm and then missed a homework assignment and now Mom and Dad are on my ass again.  Getting Scotty the Hottie is one of the biggest moves we've made in over a decade, and while I would hate for Morris to be our DC (because for no reason now that I think about it), it still shouldn't put a shade on getting a real GM.

If I *AM* being referenced in this post:

**** you.

Major Harris ninja text: Joking, of course

P.S. Ninja text was way easier with a black background, can't figure out what the hell the color is of the messages anymore.

<edit appropriate-at-the-time rebuke>. You've always been a valued member whose passion we know.

But this time you're been properly noticed and may benefit from a break.

And I don't do the "**** you" game, ever, as a member or a mod. That does surprise me a little, especially given a number of our conversations.

update: NC21 has contacted me with a 'I knew that wasn't going to come across right" as he really didn't mean it. So we will rewind.  :)

I like Snider a lot too, but honestly, I'm not buying that. It could be true. It also could be false.

Here's where I think the story came from: Somebody in the building told Snider that they THOUGHT that the reason SM was hired was because of the fan backlash.

Just like the Adam Shefter story earlier in the year where he quoted 3 sources inside the building that they THOUGHT that the decision to start Griffin came from above Jay.

I would imagine that the only 2 people who REALLY know why SM was hired are Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen. And neither of them are going to tell Snider anything.

My 2 cents.

I find it extremely difficult to believe Dan Snyder went from trying to fool the fanbase with a sham promotion to hiring one of the most respected and talented men in the NFL as his new GM in about 3 1/2 days...and he ONLY did it after reading Extremeskins and twitter lol...

I don't get it.

Perhaps the lack of comprehension  lies in your screen name.

(kidding  :P too easy a shot not to take)

If you read my posting since been I've doing this (over 10 years now) or just this last month, you should be able to get it. If not, it certainly isn't going to cost you any status.  :D

I'd like to go on the record saying that I have tried to couch my musings in the hypothetical "if" scenario.  I even said last night that it looked like Raheem wasn't necessarily the front runner when discussing the "hire the cheap guy, blow it up in 2016" theory (sadly that appears to be shifting for the worse, though hopefully not).  If I ever made a post that didn't use a hypothetical when discussing a potential hiring, please assume it was implied.

Nevermind, not as good at embedding as I'd like:

@John Keim:

Todd McShay: Sweet spot for OL is late first round: The problem isn’t going to be finding an offensi... http://es.pn/1yack30  #Redskins

This makes things a tad difficult for our new GM, needs to move up or down, or hope for a drop.

I find it extremely difficult to believe Dan Snyder went from trying to fool the fanbase with a sham promotion to hiring one of the most respected and talented men in the NFL as his new GM in about 3 1/2 days...and he ONLY did it after reading Extremeskins and twitter lol...

I think we need to figure out what DS's twitter handle is.  You KNOW he's patrolling the interwebs out there somewhere.  If the North Koreans (I think, or was it the Chinese?) can hack one of our national defense twitter accounts,  I know that we can find DS's account. Maybe we need to get the North Koreans on this problem pronpto.... 

(PS: You're right.  the story makes no sense in any way shape or form.)

TomahawkNation.com@TomahawkNation 6m6 minutes ago

Eddie Goldman leaving Florida State for NFL, per report #Noles #FSU http://sbnation.com/e/7300226

Phil Savage@SeniorBowlPhil 13m13 minutes agoMobile, AL

On Cardale Jones NFL situation, thought of Jay Schroeder at UCLA who started one college game before being 3rd round pick by WSH in 1984.

Shamless plug for my guy:

Rick Snider@Snide_Remarks 26m26 minutes ago

Have the winter blahs? Perk up with http://SkinsBook100.com .

For those that don't know, Eddie Goldman is born and bred DMV. Total mammoth of a man.

Or what about Cassel who didn't play in college at all but still got picked up by the Patriots.... Had a great career considering what he did in college than most QBs coming out if college considering there is only 32 of these jobs

Perhaps the lack of comprehension  lies in your screen name.

(kidding  :P too easy a shot not to take)

If you read my posting since been I've doing this (over 10 years now) or just this last month, you should be able to get it. If not, it certainly isn't going to cost you any status.  :D

:) Phew. A man without status is....well.. ummm...something entirely different.

I need my status. ;)

Forgive my odd sense of humor. I'm on cold medicine.

Archived