Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zoony Bin: The official '15 offseason Twitter thread, Whine room now open serving Francis Copious Speculation Cab, Lavar buffet Incl., tips included

SWFLSkins

I like Snider a lot too, but honestly, I'm not buying that.  It could be true.  It also could be false.  

Here's where I think the story came from: Somebody in the building told Snider that they THOUGHT that the reason SM was hired was because of the fan backlash.

Just like the Adam Shefter story earlier in the year where he quoted 3 sources inside the building that they THOUGHT that the decision to start Griffin came from above Jay.

I would imagine that the only 2 people who REALLY know why SM was hired are Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen.  And neither of them are going to tell Snider anything.

My 2 cents.  

I will add that if the reason Snyder did hire SM was because of fan backlash we are in bigger trouble than I thought. Very very few of us have any idea what we are talking about and change our opinions based on stuff we think we heard on ESPN ...

Which film was he watching?

I honestly have no clue? Didn't Tracy play in parts of one or two games before he missed the rest of the season?

Perfect example of why I tell ppl just because they have a twitter handle doesn't automatically qualify them as an expert.

The #Giants are interviewing former #Raiders coach Dennis Allen for their defensive coordinator opening today, source said.

Before the #Cowboys extend any other assistants (Marinelli, Linehan, Callahan), they are working on head coach Jason Garrett. Talks ongoing.

It's blown coverages like this that makes me say Landon Collins would fit right in with Washington.… http://instagram.com/p/xzmq9Kt9zz/ 

God...please just mow lawns RT @NBCdianna: My feeling is if The Redskins hire Raheem Morris for DC, that's a Bruce Allen decision not Jay G.

#Broncos want to talk to Adam Gase before he makes a call. May be a while. The meeting with Gase & 49ers GM Trent Baalke will include dinner

#Ravens coach John Harbaugh tells reporters Steve Spagnuolo will interview for #Giants DC on Wednesday

Steve Spagnuolo will interview for the New York Giants defensive coordinator job, coach Harbaugh said.

John Elway references John Fox “exploring what his options were” in the time following the game. He likely means the #Bears opening.

Asked about Peyton Manning’s future, #Broncos GM John Elway says he had a great talk with Manning. “He needs to get away” before deciding.

@Manny_PPI: If I'm the #Redskins, I'd bring Tracy Porter back for cheap. When he played, IMO, he looked very good in slot. Has to stay healthy tho

Not sure we had chance to see him look good, however I'd actually keep him too, with a slight salary cut ideally.

Re: people losing it on the board; All I will say is this: People are sensitive, gun-shy, flat out tired of the abuse of 20 years of ineptitude. Most have lost hope. We have a good thing happen in hiring (IMO) a competent GM, then the potential for what many consider (myself included to a degree) a backwards thinking type of move, and people question why folks are freaking out? People are just looking for reasons to keep what little hope they have alive, or gain new hope and try to believe that all can be right in the world again. You just have to remember that people are hypersensitive about anything that happens right now. Good or bad. It WILL get better, cause I am pretty sure it can't get too much worse.

HTTR Keep believing!!!

Re: people losing it on the board; All I will say is this: People are sensitive, gun-shy, flat out tired of the abuse of 20 years of ineptitude. Most have lost hope. We have a good thing happen in hiring (IMO) a competent GM, then the potential for what many consider (myself included to a degree) a backwards thinking type of move, and people question why folks are freaking out? People are just looking for reasons to keep what little hope they have alive, or gain new hope and try to believe that all can be right in the world again. You just have to remember that people are hypersensitive about anything that happens right now. Good or bad. It WILL get better, cause I am pretty sure it can't get too much worse.

HTTR Keep believing!!!

I left "Freaking out over things that haven't happened yet on the Redskins and may never happen" off my To-Do list a long time ago.

MUST-SEE: John Elway begins presser by accidentally thanking... John Elway http://at.nfl.com/amk8MSy 

B7QfDy4IgAA0PFC.jpg

John Elway opens his press conference by thanking John Elway. I don't think that was a mistake.

#Broncos GM John Elway of John Fox: “We did not agree on how to get to the next step.”

Mike Shanahan is still living in city where he won two SB with John Elway as he interviews with other teams for HC job

As recently as yesterday morning, #Broncos GM John Elway told people that even if the team lost in a blowout, Fox would be back. Not anymore

I should add, Raheem Morris is talented but Jay Gruden needs an experienced DC that he can 100% trust will have the defense prepared.

My feeling is if The Redskins hire Raheem Morris for DC, that's a Bruce Allen decision not Jay Gruden.

@NBCdianna Why? So Scot and Allen are lying about letting Jay make the call? Thought Bruce wasn't even involved and Scot said?...Men of word

Paul Conner retweeted

Who's come out ahead in the NFL's front office shuffle? @SI_DougFarrar's early winners/losers: http://on.si.com/1ybhhII 

B7QVp8OCUAA4Z6A.jpg

Winners

Washington Redskins: The hire of new general manager Scot McCloughanwas universally lauded as a great get, and for good reason. If McCloughan can keep the personal issues that have bedeviled him at bay, he's as good a personnel man as there is in the NFL. As the San Francisco 49ers' vice president of player personnel from 2005-08, the team's general manager from 2008-10, and then the Seattle Seahawks' senior personnel executive from 2010 through 2014, he did as much to build those two powerhouse teams as anyone. McCloughan believes in building for the long haul, he has a great internal clock on when to give up on failed choices, and he understands team dynamics. He's a big believer in physical strength and domination, but he also has an innate instinct for players who simply want to win more than others.

I'm going to hold off on getting upset. All of these guys on Twitter also said Bruce would never relinquish control of the roster.

They also said AJ Smith was definitely going to get elevated. McCloughan wasn't a revelation until a couple days before he was signed. We've been very good about keeping things in-house during this off season, so far.

Conversely, just because we disagree with someone doesn't mean they're wrong.

I try to tell people I work with (and myself) a lot that the popularity of an idea and the validity of an idea are completely independent, but I don't think that, being social creatures, we can 100% subscribe to that.

Say 600 years ago, people didn't think that the world was flat, they KNEW it.  Would swear their lives on it and actually take yours if you disagreed.  The world isn't flat, never was, but because it was a popular idea, it was accepted as true.

You and I are talking about burgundy or gold being the better color, and some random person walks by and I ask, "Hey Joe, isn't burgundy the better color?"  I've already made my choice that if he agrees, then he's right, and if he disagrees, then he's wrong.  Same thing goes for everything else when there can be differing opinions.

Good news

@AdamSchefter:Cowboys are on brink of new 5-year contract agreement w/ Jason Garrett to remain as Dallas head coach, per @mortreport.

Jerruh gets to keep his puppet. 

Meanwhile romoSUCKS is 35, Witten is 35, Dez and Murray are free agents. 

And a 0.0% chance Murray or Romo repeat that performance--that's even if Murray is resigned...

Archived