Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zoony Bin: The official '15 offseason Twitter thread, Whine room now open serving Francis Copious Speculation Cab, Lavar buffet Incl., tips included

SWFLSkins

Raheem Morris is a good coach but here’s why people shouldn’t be happy if he gets hired — it’s a B. Allen move and family business as usual

@Manny_PPI Because Diana says it is? I disagree, Scot said it was in Jay's hands, so let's trust that.

The good on Raheem Morris: he’s an aggressive guy who likes to play press and is viewed as a player’s coach b/c he’s relatable, energetic

@StrickSkin There hasn’t been much talent back there but also the type of coverages he likes to run didn’t mesh with what Haz wanted upfront

@Manny_PPI Hey he may have some really good ideas, guy was an up and comer until he got under Has-mess.

And a 0.0% chance Murray or romoSUCKS repeat that performance--that's even if Murray is resigned...

I don't know, man.  That line is only getting better, and I really think that's what made the difference.  Plug in any decent running back behind that line and you'll get 1,000 yards for sure.  And as long as this line keeps protecting Romo (who I don't think can take many more hits, how many times has he gotten hurt this year alone?) or whoever the quarterback is, Dez will get open.

Dallas ain't a joke anymore, as much as it kills me to say.

Conversely, just because we disagree with someone doesn't mean they're wrong.

Very true. Don't know many experts on this board either (even tho most of us would like to believe the contrary).

I try to tell people I work with (and myself) a lot that the popularity of an idea and the validity of an idea are completely independent, but I don't think that, being social creatures, we can 100% subscribe to that.

Say 600 years ago, people didn't think that the world was flat, they KNEW it.  Would swear their lives on it and actually take yours if you disagreed.  The world isn't flat, never was, but because it was a popular idea, it was accepted as true.

You and I are talking about burgundy or gold being the better color, and some random person walks by and I ask, "Hey Joe, isn't burgundy the better color?"  I've already made my choice that if he agrees, then he's right, and if he disagrees, then he's wrong.  Same thing goes for everything else when there can be differing opinions.

Great post.

I don't know, man.  That line is only getting better, and I really think that's what made the difference.  Plug in any decent running back behind that line and you'll get 1,000 yards for sure.  And as long as this line keeps protecting romoSUCKS (who I don't think can take many more hits, how many times has he gotten hurt this year alone?) or whoever the quarterback is, Dez will get open.

Dallas ain't a joke anymore, as much as it kills me to say.

After Romo took 10 sacks in 2 games, I am taking a wait-and-see approach. Not to mention, Murray was healthy for the 1st time this year, most backs who have the workload he did do not stay healthy like he did.

Finally, no NFC East team has repeated as champs since the Eagles choked in the playoffs four straight years from '01-'04...

Bills announce they've let DC Jim Schwartz out of his contract.

Pick up the phone Washington

I think they had to officially wait for him to be released from his contract. I don't see them asking for permission, getting denied, and then sitting with their thumb up their ass when he's available.

Wait a tick, yes I do, it's the Redskins...

Glass half full view...

Rah comes in and plays more aggressive both at the DB's and at the line. More blitzing mixed with bump and run, tight man coverage on the outsides. If the pressure doesn't get there we get toasted....BUT it should give pressure a better chance of actually getting there.

We were giving up huge chunk yardage and points last year without a ton of sacks and/or turnovers. If going with a more aggressive defense results in similar chunk yardage and points, but we at least generate more turnovers and sacks setting up better field position, I'll consider that a win for at least a year.

Here's me just trying to be positive.

HumbleSkins @johnnylocal 11m11 minutes ago

@Manny_PPI Because Diana says it is? I disagree, Scot said it was in Jay's hands, so let's trust that.

Emmanual Benton @Manny_PPI 2m2 minutes ago

@johnnylocal Bruce says it was all Jay's decision on Haz and that wasn't all together true. Bruce says what he wants to say.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 3m3 minutes ago

The @NFL announces that the staffs of #Ravens coach John Harbaugh and #Cowboys coach Jason Garrett are coaching the Pro Bowl.

Chris Russell @Russellmania980 2m2 minutes ago

#Redskins fans not gonna be happy unless Wade,Schwartz, Vic RT @sugewhite94: @Russellmania980 they hire RM........

B7QqNBDIEAAHkyl.jpg

After romoSUCKS took 10 sacks in 2 games, I am taking a wait-and-see approach. Not to mention, Murray was healthy for the 1st time this year, most backs who have the workload he did do not stay healthy like he did.

Finally, no NFC East team has repeated as champs since the Eagles choked in the playoffs four straight years from '01-'04...

Well, Romo didn't do himself a lot of favors, and when you've got three of your linemen as first-round picks with a combined 7 years in the league, it's not like they've come even close to peaking.  That line's just going to get better.  Unless there's a major injury bug for those guys, they're not rocketing towards the basement.

And I never gave much weight to those historical coincidences.  That's all that they are.  If anything, Dallas has shown consistency over the past four years.

#Redskins fans not gonna be happy unless Wade,Schwartz, Vic RT @sugewhite94: @Russellmania980 they hire RM........

B7QqNBDIEAAHkyl.jpg

@Russellmania980 @sugewhite94 Same crowd was chasing Haslett out, oh Day 12 Has-watch, #nojobyet.

I don't get this.  How can a guy who was already a head coach be considered an up-and-comer?  Isn't that a came-and-wenter?

Everybody knows he got rode the Zorn ladder of success. Also didn't have support in place just like Zorn. 

Well, romoSUCKS didn't do himself a lot of favors, and when you've got three of your linemen as first-round picks with a combined 7 years in the league, it's not like they've come even close to peaking.  That line's just going to get better.  Unless there's a major injury bug for those guys, they're not rocketing towards the basement.

And I never gave much weight to those historical coincidences.  That's all that they are.  If anything, Dallas has shown consistency over the past four years.

I just have that overwhelming sense they're do for a regression. I am not sold on them--their defense played over their heads. And, if being a Redskins fan has taught me anything, don't believe anything after a one-year jump...

@johnnylocal That scares me about Morris. Was that taught by him or Haz? Was he on board with a 5 yd cushion?!

@DavidJBohm Good question for the interview, lol. Would be a deal killer for me as the HC.

Our time is coming family. Stay True. #HTTR #Redskins #NoFairWeather

B7NAG1KCQAEsavt.jpg

Lot of optimism for Marinelli returning, I know that. RT @BucWild007: @RapSheet does that mean all of Dallas staff is coming back?

@johnnylocal Haslett never called anyone out. Haslett's **** didnt stink. He thought his D was the 2nd coming. @Manny_PPI

Surest sign Jason Garrett's deal getting done in Dallas: NFL announced Cowboys' and Ravens' coaching staffs will coach this year's Pro Bowl.

Looks like a deep D coördinator group. Lot of guys with experience running a D.

I would like to talk to Schwartz, Dennis and maby Spag before making the hire. If I would be Jay I want to pick as many brains as possible (thats how you say it right?). See how the look at our team and what there vision on todays NFL is.

Not to hot about Rah. Love the guy but based on the performance of his D in Tampa and work with our DB's...

Also think Dob from SF is not going to come. He rather stay in SF and take Vic his spot if he gets promoted.

and there are probally more coördinators who talked to HC candidates. They might already have some "package" deal. If I become HC you will be my D.

...and if Quinn moves from Seattle and Bowles from Arizona. Then you have two very interesting openings where some candidates might want to wait for.

#Cowboys coming to terms with Marinelli makes one less spot for Jim Schwartz

Ah, then I retract my previous post

One less OT in the draft - ****

I'm coming back. 1 year. 1 reason #Natty #ND

Big red flag on his intelligence right there. No way ND even gets a sniff at National Championship next season.

I think Diana has it wrong about Raheem being a Bruce move .... Jay has been working with Raheem for the last year at least ... With Bruce going further upstairs it would be a comfort move to keep a friend in the henhouse rather than bring in someone who is a potential replacement

Archived