Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: Redskins vs Eagles FINAL

JimmiJo

This is my list of the best Skins best FA signings IMO.

1.John Riggins

2.Wilber Marshall

3.Ken Harvey

4.DeSean Jackson

5.Marcus Washington

6.Henry Ellard

7.Terry Allen

8.Cornlieus Griifin

9.Marvcus Patton

10.Shawn Springs

Even the Dana Stubblefield signing was better then the Albert Haynesworth's signing.

London fletcher missing on here.....whaaaaa!

The truth is we were lucky to get this win. At least two drives, if not three(including the final game winning one)were aided by personal foul/unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. The Eagles dominated in every statistical category.

But the team should be commended for coming out, fighting hard, and competing in a meaningless game. Under previous regimes we'd have gotten blown out.

RG3 was up and down. Some progress made in some areas, but still general inconsistency. I think we have to bring him back next year though. I just don't see any other viable QB options for next year and there is still talent there that can be harnessed.

The D needs a complete overhaul in the DL and Safeties. I think we're okay at LB and I like our two young CBs. Overall with Kerrigan, Robinson, and Breeland we have three nice young pieces to build around. We really need a stud anchor up front though if we want to keep running the 3-4 and those types of studs are usually only available at the top of the draft(e.g. Haloti Ngata, BJ Raji, Marcel Dareus).

The truth is we were lucky to get this win. At least two drives, if not three(including the final game winning one)were aided by personal foul/unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. The Eagles dominated in every statistical category.

But the team should be commended for coming out, fighting hard, and competing in a meaningless game. Under previous regimes we'd have gotten blown out.

RG3 was up and down. Some progress made in some areas, but still general inconsistency. I think we have to bring him back next year though. I just don't see any other viable QB options for next year and there is still talent there that can be harnessed.

The D needs a complete overhaul in the DL and Safeties. I think we're okay at LB and I like our two young CBs. Overall with Kerrigan, Robinson, and Breeland we have three nice young pieces to build around. We really need a stud anchor up front though if we want to keep running the 3-4 and those types of studs are usually only available at the top of the draft(e.g. Haloti Ngata, BJ Raji, Marcel Dareus).

When you're as bad as the skins, that's the only way you beat teams like this; when they beat themselves.  Agree with you on the fight.  Nice to see especially after last season. 

Agree with you on the D.  I'm becoming more and more convinced this team needs to go back to a 43.  Move Kerrigan to DE and have Hatcher and another speed DE split snaps.  We have more pure 43 DTs than 34 DEs IMO.  Granted I'm not a coach, just my uneducated opinion. 

We must be grateful for the romoesque performance from Sanchez during the last couple of minutes, to Graham for roughing Robert, and to their kicker twice. They helped us to win this game with a 16 points xmas gift. Thanks Chip for dumping DS and making him the most valuable asset of this team.

I haven't enjoyed a game like that in a long while, Robert was good, DJax, Garçon, Morris. I liked the offensive side of the ball, I have faith in Sean McVay and Gruden if they call games like this next season, they kept running the ball even if it didn't work, It opened up a lot of deep plays to DJax.

The defense however was still pretty bad, the only thing stopping Philly was flags, they could almost move the ball at will on us with McCoy. 3rd and 23, 3rd and 15.. converted! :mellow:  So Haslett better be gone at season end. But all in all good win, we have some fight in us!

We must be grateful for the romoesque performance from Sanchez during the last couple of minutes, to Graham for roughing Robert, and to their kicker twice. They helped us to win this game with a 16 points xmas gift. Thanks Chip for dumping DS and making him the most valuable asset of this team.

This is the glass half empty approach to life (not singling you out there were people more Eeyorish quotes.  Yours was just handy.)

Frankly, the game was played well on offense and poorly on defense.  Griffin showed that he can be a quarterback if he's given any pass protection at all.  Morris showed he's still a tough runner.  Kinda sucked how often he had to break two tackles for a three yard gain.  Defense took the bull fighting approach... lot of ole's.  A tremendous number of Hasletts patented non adjustments and receivers left completely opens.

So, there's my game half full, actually, my game 52 percent full because we won.

We won while also demonstrating the kind of changes that are still mandatory and how far away we are from being good.  Still, I'll take an ugly win especially one that hopefully points out what I've been saying about the QBs.  Gruden says half the sacks are the QBs fault... I say BS.  I say get linemen who don't whiff and fail to engage their man at all every other snap.

Morris showed he's still a tough runner.  Kinda sucked how often he had to break two tackles for a three yard gain.

I keep on watching the games because of him and DeSean, they bring excitement to a subpar team and moreover when things got tough and rough they don't quit.

"Jackson repeatedly burned Eagles cornerback Bradley Fletcher in coverage, said leaving a cornerback on a receiver who’s beating him is par for the course for the Eagles’ defense.

“They’re very naive and they play how they play. They could care less who is out there or who is at wide receiver, they’re going to play their defense the way they play it,” he said. “That’s the Philadelphia Eagle defense"

The Eagles did everything in their power to give that game to the Skins.

Ya agree. The Eagles looked like we do most games with the penalties esp that game against the Giants. Anyone else hear Rich Gannon ask "how many completions will Jim Hazlet give their tight end before he double teams him? Seems like 15 in a row."

Ya agree. The Eagles looked like we do most games with the penalties esp that game against the Giants. Anyone else hear Rich Gannon ask "how many completions will Jim Hazlet give their tight end before he double teams him? Seems like 15 in a row."

Oh the Eagles announcers were blaming the loss on POOR HOMMER PENALTIES that were bogus. Then Ed Rendell says, "why did we give away DJ? WE GOT NOTHING FOR HIM AND TODAY HE WRECKED US?" I say,Go ask CHIP, ED.

Oh the Eagles announcers were blaming the loss on POOR HOMMER PENALTIES that were bogus. Then Ed Rendell says, "why did we give away DJ? WE GOT NOTHING FOR HIM AND TODAY HE WRECKED US?" I say,Go ask CHIP, ED.

Quoting yourself ;)

Questionable roughing the passer calls help Washington take the lead

We've been spoiled so many times by the refs that I won't be bothered by this.

The Chip bubble is deflating exponentially, he was a fool letting DS go, and he is still a fool thinking his defense doesn't have to adapt to the opponent.

Look, Robert is learning a new system/style he's not yet comfortable in AND YET, AND YET he played well enough for them to win. He's getting his legs almost all the way back AFTER DISLOCATING HIS ANKLE THIS YEAR!!! He is improving, he's not where we all want him but to nag  him, ON THIS TEAM? Why? How bitter of a human being are you?

MOST IMPORTANTLY, in the face of Gruden's Tough Love Routine, HE'S THE ONLY QB ON THE ROSTER WHO HAS IMPROVED!!!!!

His success in the system this year has essentially been whether or not he can connect with DJax 2-3 times a game on the deep ball.   

His success in the system this year has essentially been whether or not he can connect with DJax 2-3 times a game on the deep ball.   

Exactly the same as the two other guys on the roster.

Cool, I'll take beating the Eagles in a must win game in December while learning to "diversify his game."

He's gonna connect a couple more times next week too and end the Boys franchise as currently constituted.

The Good: 

- Spoiled the Eagles xmas. Bitter Eagles phans leaving FedEx. Feels good.

The Bad:

- We're still a garbage team

- Worse draft pick

- Dumb fans who will think there's hope

- RG3 is still at best an average QB who can't throw TDs and struggles to get over 200 yards a game. Can't really throw deep balls in stride. Still can't wait for him to be off this team so we can move on

- D is still historically bad and Haz will be gone this year (he better)

- Too little too late for this team to bring a smile to my face - empty win, pure apathy

- Team so bad we nearly lost at the end with the botched kickoff

- Still look at Gruden and see a thrumpy loser

- Bruce is still acting as GM

- Tony Wyllie is still head of PR

- Danny is still owner

- Name change debate still a thing, and once we start winning (maybe in 2022?) it'll just get worse. 

You make some good points, some that can't be refuted.  But as a long time fan of this team it feels good to win a game they way they did even at this point.  I'm going to enjoy it for the next coupla days then shelve it.  I have no illusions about this franchise, it's in a horrible state and without wiping the slate clean, hiring a real football GM and starting over I don't see things getting better.

IIRC the only instance when an Eagles penalty preserved a drive which had stalled was on our first FG drive, and even then we were already in range for a FG, albeit a long one. Furthermore, aside from that one questionable roughing call (which wasn't on a 3rd down IIRC) the penalties were not incorrect. If a good play happens by an offense that gets called back due to penalty, it's a good bet that the penalty factored in to why the play was successful.

The questionable calls and mistakes went both ways, too. That call on Breeland was pretty questionable, and we made some unforced mistakes ourselves, most notably that drop and fumble by Roberts. Not making stupid mistakes is a part of the game, and it often does make the difference between winning and losing. How often have we Skins fans said "we dominated the game but lost because of such and such unforced errors"? Case in point, the first Philly game this year: we outgained Philly by a bunch, but Kai missed a short FG, we gave up a kick return TD, Cousins threw a bad INT which set up a Philly FG late, and Cousins missed an open Garcon on 4th down.

Compton is a player. Sometime you just have to play people and they play well. Compton is that one guy

I've been saying that since the Cards game. This guy is hungry and plays like it every play. There's no way Riley should be starting over him. He has the coverage skilks to hang w/ a quality TE that Riley hasn't developed or shown possible. Him on the field next to Robinson would be a great start to slowing down the TEs we face.

Archived