Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: Redskins vs Eagles FINAL

JimmiJo

good point on Garcon, but i disagree on Ellard.  Ellard was reliable for several years, but he was never a true impact player like Jackson.

Santana Moss 2005 season or Jackson 2014 season? 

(I mean not to talk down either one but if you had to pick between two great things which would you put on top)

jackson is one of the probably top 3 redskins free agent acquisitions all time.  If he never catches another pass, i would rank him second, right behind London Fletcher.

I like what he brings, but I think "Top 3" at this point is pushing it. Now, Santana Moss is certainly somewhere in the Top 3! D Jax certainly has the potential to be great for us, though.

It seemed like Haslett had a good game plan and the guys were motivated, but the lack of adjustments on the TEs almost lost the game.  Thank goodness Fedex is hard place to kick.

Just tired of watching his game plan all but give the game away! We have some defensive playmakers .. and some of them are very young .. who I think with solid coaching and no more of this constant zone crap/ playing 10 yards off the receiver could be a top 5 defense. Improve the safety position and a new defensive coaching staff and I think they can be very good.

those quotes from Trent about basically playing no feeling in his arm tell me is an insane competitor...and also insane. With all his injuries, that man must walk in pain every minute of the day. so much respect for him not wanting to let his guys down, but we need him for years to come. take care of yourself, TW!!

but i wanted to comment on something that i saw some mention and wanted to bring up again. RG seemed to be really active at the line pre-snap with calling out blitzes and pointing out pressure. i also swore i saw him call an audible or two during the game.

Grudes said he had a good week of practice and it seemed to show. along with the above mentioned, he stood tall in the pocket and delivered some key throws. sure, he got throttled upon release (ouch), but that's what QB/pocket-passers do. 

i hope to see more of this next week. rest, watch some film, practice hard, and build on this for next Sunday. i see the growth and maturation as a QB and i like it and it makes me excited about what could be.

HTTR

seriously, I'm not sure if anyone would take an extra 5 yards just to save 1 sec.  Are people that dumb?

Judging by the huge numbers of ES members who wanted Robert off the team and said he was "done" (and derided all of us who want to give it more time before we make such a drastic move), I would say "yes." People are that dumb!

My fear is that wins like this give the organization a false sense of hope and that everybody (particularly certain defensive coaches) come back. I know there is no guarantee that changes would be made anyway, but I still worry about that. That's just what I've become as a lifelong fan.

Hopefully, Snyder and Allen have to realize that Haslett is capable of getting his defense to play well only three or five games a year. Usually, against the E-gals and Dallass. Unfortunately for Has, even an idiot has to understand that our D MUST play that way for much more than 3 or 4 games per year! I mean .. they HAVE TO! Right?

Santana Moss 2005 season or Jackson 2014 season?

(I mean not to talk down either one but if you had to pick between two great things which would you put on top)

I like what he brings, but I think "Top 3" at this point is pushing it. Now, Santana Moss is certainly somewhere in the Top 3! D Jax certainly has the potential to be great for us, though.

Moss was acquired via trade for Laverenues Coles, not free agency. Awesome trade though, no doubt.

My take away from this game is that Mark Sanchez is a free agent and a better QB than any on the Skins roster.

The win tasted good ... but bitter sweet at the same time. 

Sanchez hasn't looked that great in the most QB friendly system in the NFL. No thanks. 

Stayed away from the game thread today. Felt great to win, and RG3 looked good. The big concern still is Jim H's Defense. There is no excuse giving up 3rd and 25, and 3rd and 15 on any drive let alone the same drive. The 10 yard cushions were driving me freaking crazy. He HAS to go in the offseason. If they bring him back he must have something on Snyder (joking but I mean it wouldn't make any sense). 

I think Philly completed more 3 & 10+ today than we have all season

In response to those of you who say that we won because of the 2 missed FGs, one of those was from 40+, so it wasn't a gimme. More importantly even if both had been made, we would've been down by 6 at the end rather than have it tied, so we would've gone for a TD rather than chew up clock and settle for a FG. A TD still would've won the game even if those 2 FGs have been made. And its not like the Eagles kicker was the only one to screw up (Roberts' drop and KO fumble).

I'd rather have Dallas win the division than Philly. So tired of the Kelly lovefest.

Hopefully, Snyder and Allen have to realize that Haslett is capable of getting his defense to play well only three or five games a year. Usually, against the E-gals and Dallass. Unfortunately for Has, even an idiot has to understand that our D MUST play that way for much more than 3 or 4 games per year! I mean .. they HAVE TO! Right?

On first and second down, Haz is Buddy Ryan reborn. On third down,.... Not so much.

Archived