Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: Redskins vs Eagles FINAL

JimmiJo

We were surrounded by Fecals fans in section 114.

I can still taste their tears as I type this.

**** the eagles and may their trophy case be forever empty.

Wouldn't it be a shame if  there's a ton-load of traffic on their ride back up I-95, so they have to stew in their cars for 7 or 8 hours?

i feel like those of use who have played a lot of madden know exactly how to work the clock in late game situations ... gruden clearly doesn't, but a lot of other coaches in this league do.  very frustrating.

Clearly, playing a video game makes you a HC candidate that Snyder needs to contact after Gruden departs.

Moronic statements like this take away from the legitimate concerns people have regarding clock management or coaching techniques and decisions.

And attention all the "conspiracy theorists" from last week. Eagles fans are going nuts saying the NFL is out to get them, basically saying all the roughing the passer calls were fixed. 

So there ya go. Happens to every freakin' team during the course of a season. 

Of course it happens to every team.  When people say the NFL is rigged, they mean the whole league, not just one team.

Stayed away from the game thread today. Felt great to win, and RG3 looked good. The big concern still is Jim H's Defense. There is no excuse giving up 3rd and 25, and 3rd and 15 on any drive let alone the same drive. The 10 yard cushions were driving me freaking crazy. He HAS to go in the offseason. If they bring him back he must have something on Snyder (joking but I mean it wouldn't make any sense). 

And dont forget about the 15 catches to set a franchise record by the freaking tight end and he made absolutely so changes on D to try and stop it.

Clearly, playing a video game makes you a HC candidate that Snyder needs to contact after Gruden departs.

Moronic statements like this take away from the legitimate concerns people have regarding clock management or coaching techniques and decisions.

Don't be a dick. He's right in that playing madden presents you constantly with clock management decisions and the best way to extend games etc more so than a coach who might get 16 chances a year? It's just a matter of knowing percentages and understanding instantly in the moment what the best action is.

Nobody said playing madden makes you coaching material

I'm not sure why people are complaining about Gruden's clock management at the end of the game.  What should he have done? Take the delay of game?  That takes only one extra second off the clock and moves you back 5 yards.  That would have been dumb.

I'm not sure why people are complaining about Gruden's clock management at the end of the game.  What should he have done? Take the delay of game?  That takes only one extra second off the clock and moves you back 5 yards.  That would have been dumb.

seriously, I'm not sure if anyone would take an extra 5 yards just to save 1 sec.  Are people that dumb?

Of course it happens to every team.  When people say the NFL is rigged, they mean the whole league, not just one team.

No, that's not what was said in the thread here last week after the Giants game. It was clearly stated by some that the NFL was specifically out to get the Redskins and that the Giants game was an example of this "conspiracy," based on the overturned Griffin TD and other penalties that could've been called but weren't. It's what a faction of every team's fans say, that's my point. And this week, some Eagles fans are saying it. Saying the league is "rigged in general" is something else entirely. 

Damn, trent was a warrior today.

El Bashir - Trent Williams said he could barely feel his arm all game. Refused to come out even after aggravating it. Figured he had come this far...

El Bashir - Williams on playing thru injury: "I looked like crap for 3 quarters, so I guess 4 wouldn’t hurt me...I [didn't] want to quit on my guys."

Williams is a beast.

No, that's not what was said in the thread here last week after the Giants game. It was clearly stated by some that the NFL was specifically out to get the Redskins and that the Giants game was an example of this "conspiracy," based on the overturned Griffin TD and other penalties that could've been called but weren't. It's what a faction of every team's fans say, that's my point. And this week, some Eagles fans are saying it. Saying the league is "rigged in general" is something else entirely. 

or that game was so egregious that we saw the refs trying to cover their arse today.  Frankly, I haven't seen a game called that friendly towards the 'skins in years.  Last week's game was crooked.

ignorance is bliss, huh?

no, playing madden doesn't make someone head coach material, but it undoubtedly gives people a great handle on clock management.  anyone who disagrees hasn't played much madden.  people who have been in those situations hundreds (or thousands) of times before slap their heads in frustration at the way most coaches play the ends of halves and games.  that's a fact.

Rg3 played well today,he can only go up after this performance. And kudos to the Skins for the win.

Chip Kelly,thats what you get for trading the best player on the eagles.

Classy post, man.  Appreciate the kudos. Wouldn't say RG3 can only go up though. LOL.  He absolutely can (and has) play worse. 

jackson is one of the probably top 3 redskins free agent acquisitions all time.  If he never catches another pass, i would rank him second, right behind London Fletcher.

I'm not sure he's even the second-place free agent wide receiver. Garçon has done more than him so far and Henry Ellard was a beast in the 90s for the Skins.

I'm not sure he's even the second-place free agent wide receiver. Garçon has done more than him so far and Henry Ellard was a beast in the 90s for the Skins.

good point on Garcon, but i disagree on Ellard.  Ellard was reliable for several years, but he was never a true impact player like Jackson.

Archived