Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: Redskins vs Eagles FINAL

JimmiJo

The Good: 

- Spoiled the Eagles xmas. Bitter Eagles phans leaving FedEx. Feels good.

The Bad:

- We're still a garbage team

- Worse draft pick

- Dumb fans who will think there's hope

- RG3 is still at best an average QB who can't throw TDs and struggles to get over 200 yards a game. Can't really throw deep balls in stride. Still can't wait for him to be off this team so we can move on

- D is still historically bad and Haz will be gone this year (he better)

- Too little too late for this team to bring a smile to my face - empty win, pure apathy

- Team so bad we nearly lost at the end with the botched kickoff

- Still look at Gruden and see a thrumpy loser

- Bruce is still acting as GM

- Tony Wyllie is still head of PR

- Danny is still owner

- Name change debate still a thing, and once we start winning (maybe in 2022?) it'll just get worse. 

Did you watch the game?  You suck dude

The Good:

The Bad:

- Worse draft pick

- RG3 is still at best an average QB who can't throw TDs and struggles to get over 200 yards a game. Can't really throw deep balls in stride. Still can't wait for him to be off this team so we can move on

- Too little too late for this team to bring a smile to my face - empty win, pure apathy

- Tony Wyllie is still head of PR

- Danny is still owner

- Name change debate still a thing, and once we start winning (maybe in 2022?) it'll just get worse.

Way to piss in my Cheerios.

The Good:

The Bad:

- Worse draft pick

- Tony Wyllie is still head of PR

- Danny is still owner

Did you just look in the mirror for confirmation that you really do matter?

Stayed away from the game thread today. Felt great to win, and RG3 looked good. The big concern still is Jim H's Defense. There is no excuse giving up 3rd and 25, and 3rd and 15 on any drive let alone the same drive. The 10 yard cushions were driving me freaking crazy. He HAS to go in the offseason. If they bring him back he must have something on Snyder (joking but I mean it wouldn't make any sense). 

My fear is that wins like this give the organization a false sense of hope and that everybody (particularly certain defensive coaches) come back. I know there is no guarantee that changes would be made anyway, but I still worry about that. That's just what I've become as a lifelong fan.

Exactly. 

We even making winning difficult. I was wondering why the hell did Gruden stop the clock at 10 seconds? It was 4 th down, not like we could kick again in case of bad snap. Just stupid.

dude just does not have a strategic mind.  i agree, there's no point calling time out in that position.  take the extra second and 5 yards on the kick.  it will be frustrating for the rest of his tenure here - that kind of thing does not improve or change.  you got it or you don't, and he doesn't.  expect very basic strategy-free clock management for the rest of his time here.  not worth getting your hopes up.

i feel like those of use who have played a lot of madden know exactly how to work the clock in late game situations ... gruden clearly doesn't, but a lot of other coaches in this league do.  very frustrating.

You're kinder than I am, I was thinking more like "Get a grip and throw yourself under a passing bus"

I envy you all, really. How can you actually be enjoying this win when you know deep inside how rotten a franchise we are? We DON'T need false hope right now, we need the front office to look in the mirror and realize how bad they are so that CHANGE will happen. 

one more win would be nice.  I could care less about the draft position at this point.   The injuries really concern me, but maybe we have finally turned a page.

Philly fans better be careful, or Chip will go take the Michigan job (before Harbaugh LOL)

I envy you all, really. How can you actually be enjoying this win when you know deep inside how rotten a franchise we are? We DON'T need false hope right now, we need the front office to look in the mirror and realize how bad they are so that CHANGE will happen. 

You can save all that for later bruh!  it's not cool to perform brow beating after a win!

HTTR!

I don't disagree with that thought but c'mon man, after a painfully rare win against a smugass divisional foe to shove a stick in their playoff hopes and all you got is that laundry list of ****es?

Go ahead, envy me

And attention all the "conspiracy theorists" from last week. Eagles fans are going nuts saying the NFL is out to get them, basically saying all the roughing the passer calls were fixed. 

So there ya go. Happens to every freakin' team during the course of a season. 

well, yeah, thats obvious. any team is going to go through it. i know its not just us that says that stuff.

The Good: 

The Bad:

- Worse draft pick

- Tony Wyllie is still head of PR

- Danny is still owner

Agree with others - can you just enjoy the win like the rest of us?

Archived