Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins tell Gruden told he'll be back in 2015

BuhBuhBiggie

That's not true at all. There would be nothing against the rules with Mad Mike's suggestion, it's just not going to happen.

really?  I heard to extend a first round draft pick you had to give them the equivalent of a transition tag

I think Robert will be back with Gruden mostly because nobody will give us a decent pick for him based on his play and the fact he will be in the last year of his contract.

I think it will be an open competition next year and Cousins will mop the floor with him and start the regular season.  Whether Cousins can stop being a turnover machine is another story, if he turns the ball over like he did this year he may not get another opportunity with any team.

Worst mistake?  Haynesworth, IMO.

Haslett? I don't think so.

92 is top 3 for sure... but the more I look at it, the more I think Gregg Williams not being hired as HC after Gibbs was his biggest mistake.

EDIT:  Not that he would've lasted two months with Vinny breathing on him.  He'd probably be in prison right now.

92 is top 3 for sure... but the more I look at it, the more I think Gregg Williams not being hired as HC after Gibbs was his biggest mistake.

EDIT:  Not that he would've lasted two months with Vinny breathing on him.  He'd probably be in prison right now.

I don't think it would have been good for the Skins to have been at the center of Bountygate

I don't think there was ever any real doubt, given the contract terms, that Jay a Gruden would return for year 2. While I don't like some of his decision making, I think it would be horrible for the franchise to fire the first year head coach. Let him get a couple years of drafting and getting players that fit his offense and see where that goes.

I think a change at DC is inevitable. I hope Jay has the leadership to facilitate this change.

I think Robert will almost certainly be back for year 4, but his contract won't be extended for year 5. Exception would be if some other team makes an offer we couldn't refuse ( very unlikely)

Our first two picks will be Oline ( maybe traded back). Get a few people healthy, win a couple more games next year and start our recovery.

All that said, when do pitchers and catchers report?

Worst mistake? Haynesworth, IMO.

Haslett? I don't think so.

Our aggregate total defensive ranking (a composite of yards, points, penalties) over Haslett's 5 year tenure is 29th in the NFL. 5 years of being among the worst defenses in the NFL is pretty much as costly as any bad contract, bad trade etc... Teams that have a 29th ranked defense tend to have double digit losses each year, much like we have in 4 of Haslett's 5 seasons. Bringing him back would definitely be one of the worst decisions Dan has made.

I think someone else already posted it but I doubt RG3's trade value is very high right now.  You might as well keep him around.  Given the level of athletic talent, it's well worth it to see if they can use the off-season to fix all the supposed problems in his head.

The only reason to let him go would be if there's some weird salary cap situation with his rookie contract running out.  I'm not a cap expert, nor do I care to be one, so I can't comment on that.

NBC Washington's Dianna Marie Russini reports the Redskins have informed HC Jay Gruden that he'll return to coach the team in 2015.

Russini is as plugged in as it gets when it's all things Redskins. If true, it would seem the Redskins will part ways with Robert Griffin III if we're to believe reports that Gruden can't work with RGIII. Owner Dan Snyder inked Gruden to a five-year contract when he hired him, so he's not going to eat four years of money to send Gruden on his way. It'll be interesting to see where Gruden goes at quarterback. The Redskins are currently slated to pick fifth overall in the 2015 draft.
Dec 15 - 7:09 PM

http://es.redskins.com/topic/385689-es-coverage-interactive-game-day-thread-redskins-at-giants-final/?p=10068774

We don't know that it would've even come up if he stayed here.

I don't think it would have been good for the Skins to have been at the center of Bountygate

Bountygate was actually started by his buddy Jeff Fischer. 

I say get rid of Gruden. Demote Allen to Team President ONLY. Retain RG3 and hire a legit GM. Have that GM hire a coach that is willing to devise and run an offense that suits RG3's strengths while allowing him to progress as a pocket-passer.

We all want RG3 to become Tom Brady overnight as a pocket passer, but it's not going to happen. It will take time. And in the end, RG3 may only become a replica McNabb at best, Mike Vick (in his prime) or at the very least, Vince Young in his few years of relevance.

At this point I have a hard time truly caring. I'm grasping at straws here. I just hate the idea of pushing this rudderless ship out into the ocean without a competent QB. I've lived it for too many years. If RG3 cant do it ....then damn us all.

F**** you Snyder for allowing this franchise to devolve to the point we are at. It's an embarrassment. You should be ashamed as a fan and WANT to do ANYTHING to improve things...even if that means STARING INTO THE F******* MIRROR!!!!

Oh Yeah, and fix the O-line. THEY SUCK and NO QB can survive behind this sieve!!!!

Ok. I'm calm now. Vodka is good. Deep breaths...

Oh yeah...FIRE HASLETT!!!! Jeez!!!!

ok. im calm now. *sip

Great. Just so this team can "appear" to be a well-run franchise by not firing a coach in his first year.  Gruden has shown himself to be entirely incapable of running a team, treats the media like his BFFs and have absolutely let the inmates taken over the asylum.

Yeah, it's been one year. One year should be all it takes with a coach. Bringing Gruden back does nothing but save some artificial face and money, and set this franchise back for another year...no matter who happens to be throwing the ball.

Does this mean Allen will still be making personnel decisions? If so I know how this movie will turn out.

Probably.

Haslett won't be retained. The Skins will promote Raheem or hire some other Buccaneer castoff. Bruce Cerrato will tell Snyder and the fans that all is well now that big bad Haz is gone.

Rinse repeat.

Archived