Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Jeff Fisher Trolls Redskins During Coin Toss

LetThePointsSoar

All those picks and still can't fiish with a winning record

If I don't know anything else about professional football, I definitely understand first and foremost... The draft is an inexact science. There are no guarantees. On paper it definitely looks like we got rolled in that trade but quite frankly... I'm still not 100% confident any of the players that we would have drafted in lieu of Robert with those picks had the trade not been made would have been slam dunk starters or decent backups because of the current Redskins front office's track record with draft picks. With all that being said... This trade was still worth the risk IMO if we can get a coach in here competent enough to teach basic NFL quarterback fundamentals to a young developing player. 

The Rams put all their eggs in the Sam Bradford basket and where did that get them? I know this isn't a news flash but QB is the most important position on the field. They do the most to increase or decrease the chances of winning. Obviously right now it doesn't look like Robert was worth trading for but that's so easy to proclaim in hindsight. Most of the flip flopping turncoat skins fans who love Colt one week, Kirk the next and then chant R-G-3 at games when Kirk or Colt falter were singing Robert's praises at the end of the 2012 season.

Patience is a virtue. In the final analysis the Rams and the Skins both opted for a quick fix via trade when they could have opted to stand pat and be patient. The players the Rams took with those picks are all decent but none of them are a threat to be Hall of Famers at this point in their respective careers or a significant contributor at some point on a championship caliber team.

It was funny. Very low bar he's set though. Yay, you beat the horribly run Redskins in a trade. Let me go play an autistic amputee in a game of 21

No winning season. No division title. No playoffs. No QB. By the time they find one they'll probably have to unload several of their apparent Hall of Fame players due to cap restrictions. Until they find one they'll be stuck in purgatory, yet still flexing their muscles over a lifeless corpse

Congrats tho

Come on Sinister, an autistic amputee would put up 10x the fight that this team has.

Yeah, cause building a really strong team before finding a QB has never worked for any Super Bowl champion...unless you consider the defending super bowl champions.

While teams with great QBs have a better chance of competing for a Super Bowl year in and year out, how many made trades for those QBs similar to what the Redskins attempted? They only I can think of are when players forced the team that would have drafted them to trade them.

I said its a wash if they don't win. Same for us. Whether you start from back and go to front or other way around. If you don't win it all, it's a L.

I don't knock building a winner and acquiring a QB. And, as I stated, I would mortgage future for franchise QB. So far we failed, Rams TBD... But I feel strongly they won't.

I said its a wash if they don't win. Same for us. Whether you start from back and go to front or other way around. If you don't win it all, it's a L.

I don't knock building a winner and acquiring a QB. And, as I stated, I would mortgage future for franchise QB. So far we failed, Rams TBD... But I feel strongly they won't.

The Rams are significantly closer to contending than the Redskins and they are in a much tougher division. Mortgaging the future for one player...I don't know instances where that has worked out for a team cause it takes a lot more than just a great QB to win a superbowl.

Wasn't classless when you KNEW they were going to talk about the players the Rams had acquired from the trade. The skins have a bad habit of giving up picks for a single player. McNabb, RG3, didn't they give up an additional pick AND a HoF CB for Portis? Didn't they give up a draft pick for Brunell when he was going to be released? I mean, come on...

In middle school, there was this fat kid named Jared. He was totally uncivilized and lacked any social skills. Despite his having no friends and no desirable qualities, he picked on George… the mildly retarded kid who was the only one fatter, less athletic, and less socialized than Jared.

The Rams are Jared.

The Redskins are George.

And then Jared grew up, lost a lot of weight, and became, along with Robert Griffin III, a spokesman for Subway.

RGSubway-500x496.jpg

The Rams are significantly closer to contending than the Redskins and they are in a much tougher division. Mortgaging the future for one player...I don't know instances where that has worked out for a team cause it takes a lot more than just a great QB to win a superbowl.

It's probably fair to say 31 teams are significantly closer than Skins. But only 1 wins, and it ain't gonna be Rams. This year or next or foreseeable future.

The Skins were significantly closer in 2012, whoopdedamndo.

You don't know of any to this magnitude, because its unprecedented. Oh well, big gble, big loss.

But similarly with Eli, NYG ultimately did have to sacrifice some. Unfortunately, we couldn't bend rules and negotiate behind scenes with NFL to get our QB.

Redskins division titles-1 

Rams division titles - 0 

The defense rests...

Well played.  At this point the Redskins are looking like the victor in this trade.  All those players are mediocre except for maybe Ogletree...

The drafted a tackle that now plays guard hasn't been terrible.  I'm still happier with our roster than theirs.  Oh yay, their defense played great against two crappy teams!

Both teams passed on Luke Kuechly…which would be the player I would have sent out for the coin toss.

Not to mention the Rams drafted a guy playing guard for them with the number 2 pick instead of hitting on Sammy Watkins, Mike Evans, Kelvin Benjamin, ODB...

Just my two cents, I have been furious at the RG3 trade but I never really looked at what the Rams ended up with.  I actually am changing my mind to say we have won this trade.

I can't even get angry about this. This organization sucks. I have really had it this time. Not another dime spent or emotional drop of energy spent until they start to do things the correct way. If that never happens for the remainder of my lifetime so be it. I grew up in the 80's and can always hang my hat on those years. Why anyone under the age of 30 roots for this team I'm sure I don't know. If you are local the Baltimore Ravens are much better in every way imaginable. Save yourself the headache and root for a real NFL team not this clown show.

The Ravens are by far the most boring team two watch play football in the league.  I hate that I have to watch their crappy boring games most weekends instead of games of the week and good match ups just because we are close in proximity.  

AFC North is some boring football straight up.  But the Ravens take the cake.

Loved it and I say that because Fisher did what 71,000 Skins fans should have done by not showing up to watch this clown fest yesterday. Getting really sick of hearing the boo hoo babies whining about Snyder and calling for boycotts to the games, and yet 71,000 of you were there yesterday. If you're going to support this crap product, then put a sock in it from when the final gun goes off on Sunday until around Thursday or Friday when those who are in Snyders back pocket wearing their burgundy and gold glasses start to feel hopeful that maybe we can notch our 4th win in week 13, only to be embarrassed and let down again. I live in California so I am not a season ticket holder, but I did not go to the Arizona game or the SF game because I back up what I say when I mean I am not supporting Dan Snyder any longer. Redskins fan yes, Dan Snyder fan hell no. Thumbs up to Fisher it's what all Skins fans should be doing....

Tom Loverro said it best.. The least interesting part of this team is their actual game play.  Everything else that happens prior to and after the last whistle has become more interesting (in a sadistic way).  They are a complete circus.

Other teams/fans/owners have little or no respect for what the Redskins are.  They are a joke and to be made fun of and mocked.

Loved it and I say that because Fisher did what 71,000 Skins fans should have done by not showing up to watch this clown fest yesterday. Getting really sick of hearing the boo hoo babies whining about Snyder and calling for boycotts to the games, and yet 71,000 of you were there yesterday. If you're going to support this crap product, then put a sock in it from when the final gun goes off on Sunday until around Thursday or Friday when those who are in Snyders back pocket wearing their burgundy and gold glasses start to feel hopeful that maybe we can notch our 4th win in week 13, only to be embarrassed and let down again. I live in California so I am not a season ticket holder, but I did not go to the Arizona game or the SF game because I back up what I say when I mean I am not supporting Dan Snyder any longer. Redskins fan yes, Dan Snyder fan hell no. Thumbs up to Fisher it's what all Skins fans should be doing....

There is no way that there were 71k fans there yesterday. the numbers are either for tickets sold (not necessarily for those that showed) or were very over inflated.

fisher has done nothing since vince young left him

Funny that you mention that.  I am seeing more and more comparisons between Vince Young and RG3.

I don't think you have to win the Superbowl to say you've won a trade or that it was successful. That line of thinking is pretty silly IMO. 

That said, I do understand people pointing out that the Rams haven't won anything since the trade. But I think it should also be pointed out that the highest pick we got from that trade was the second overall pick from the last draft, he's a rookie this season... so I think it's a little early even if your line of thinking is "if the Rams dont win a superbowl the trade is a wash."

Personally I think the Rams are in position to become a really good team if we can get the QB figured out or if Fisher would keep Bradford and he could stay healthy. I don't fault Fisher for not making the playoffs this year. I wouldn't be surprised if we finish 9-7 and that's not bad for the third year of a rebuild where your QB missed the entire year and even your second string QB was injured for a good 1/3 of the season. 

Sorry, I probably shouldn't be here after the Rams won.

It's OK, it's understandable that an LA Rams fan would gloat.

Archived