Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Jeff Fisher Trolls Redskins During Coin Toss

LetThePointsSoar

Rams- will be lucky to get 8 wins this year. Next year ain't looking much better.

I mean, ya take a swing and there's a chance you strike out. I will enjoy their futility for years to come no doubt.

We wouldn't have 8 wins if we combined the win totals from this year & last year.

It also might not have been him trying to rub his nose in the Redskins' situation. It could have been a message to his team. "Our team is bigger than one guy. We're building something together," etc. 

Possibly, but with that asshat Grilliams I believe it was the former.

How exactly is that "classless"? That's funny and it's funny in a way that doesn't hurt or insult anyone.

We disagree

Why rub it in?...the Phrase "Act like you been there before" comes to mind

How successful have they been?

Did he want RG3 to meet his 6 man Posse by himself?

.. and two of those eight All-Stars are currently starting. And they are last in their division. Again.

But yeah .. I can see why they would gloat.

you make it seem like the rams are horrible. they're not. they're 6-7, and they're only 1 game below .500. plus, the 3rd place team in the NFC West (49ers) are 7-6, and they've played horribly lately. its not out of the question for the cardinals to finish in 3rd place ahead of the 49ers

Fisher led a team to a winning record in 2008. Since the trade the Rams finished 3rd in division, last in division and are currently last in division.

If they did "win" the trade it's about all they won.

Don't get Fisher's motivation for doing this. Like we need a loser like him to remind us how crappy our franchise is.

The Rams have 20 wins since the trade.  The Redskins have 16.  The last two times the teams met since the trade, the Rams won both games.  The Rams won the trade, are the better team, and have a brighter future.  I don't know how anyone can argue otherwise objectively. 

Most of the players the Rams got in that trade aren't likely to be there long term and the Rams still need an actual QB if they want to win, so its not like they made much out of the trade themselves. Ogletree and Jenkins are decent starters, but I don't really see them becoming all pros (and in Jenkins case will likely leave via FA as hes basically going to be a nickel back but want a payday).

Honestly its way too much for the current RGIII, but if he ever plays well again, its essentially a starting QB for Brockers and a couple of decent starters/backups.

I get the motivation for doing it, likely to prove a point that Fisher wants to build a team with players and not just stars, but not sure that really does anything other than bring up a trade that basically shines light on the Redskins making a dumb move and the Rams not drafting all that well.

Well I just heard Bruce Allen will be giving a press conference in 15 min to announce that he will not be doing a press conference. Why should we expect another team who benefited from our horrible decision making to not take advantage? I sure would gloat like crazy if we whipped the Seahawks in there stadium in a playoff game. Heck I would ask Rg3 to wear a leg brace at the post game. Our management needs as many shots and signs as possible or hit them in the purse and simply stop showing up to gms. (That was also embarrassing how cheap our seat were)

Not classes We deserve every bit of a smear campaign that comes out way. Until further notice or a couple of consecutive seasons above .500.

you make it seem like the rams are horrible. they're not. they're 6-7, and they're only 1 game below .500. plus, the 3rd place team in the NFC West (49ers) are 7-6, and they've played horribly lately. its not out of the question for the cardinals to finish in 3rd place ahead of the 49ers

They're not exactly that great either. yes they beat the Broncos and Seahawks, but two of their 6 wins were against the Raiders and Bucs and Shaun Hill is not going to lead them anywhere. I would still say the Niners and Cards have a better team than the Rams do, as the Niners D has just been decimated with losing Bowman and Willis. If they don't find an answer at QB, I could see them staying at the bottom for awhile longer since the Cards, Niners and Seahawks are all composed of a lot of players still rising or in the primes as well. 

Well I just heard Bruce Allen will be giving a press conference in 15 min to announce that he will not be doing a press conference. Why should we expect another team who benefited from our horrible decision making to not take advantage? I sure would gloat like crazy if we whipped the Seahawks in there stadium in a playoff game. Heck I would ask Rg3 to wear a leg brace at the post game. Our management needs as many shots and signs as possible or hit them in the purse and simply stop showing up to gms. (That was also embarrassing how cheap our seat were)

Not classes We deserve every bit of a smear campaign that comes out way. Until further notice or a couple of consecutive seasons above .500.

where'd you hear that bruce allen will be giving a press conference?

The Rams have 20 wins since the trade. The Redskins have 16. The last two times the teams met since the trade, the Rams won both games. The Rams won the trade, are the better team, and have a brighter future. I don't know how anyone can argue otherwise objectively.

Nobody's arguing.

It's a dick move.

They don't have a QB.

You make it sound like 20 wins is equivalent to what SF has done in last 3 years.

They still don't have a QB, so I'm willing to say Vegas pegs them at 7.5 wins next year to.

where'd you hear that bruce allen will be giving a press conference?

Once again I got you with my fourth grade humor. Lol. I'm just pointing out that our management will not take the lead in season, to either inspire us or inform us. Which is a microcosm of a much larger issue of how the teams runs its business. And also highlighting we deserve all the jabs we get.

Some of you have really thin skin and/or no sense of humor. This was hilarious and given how much we all hate Dan Snyder, y'all should appreciate it. This is exactly the type of statement many of you want to do in another way. "Hey Dan, look what happens when you don't have a quality GM."

Nobody's arguing.

It's a dick move.

They don't have a QB.

You make it sound like 20 wins is equivalent to what SF has done in last 3 years.

They still don't have a QB, so I'm willing to say Vegas pegs them at 7.5 wins next year to.

Would you rather have their roster and coaches or what the Redskins have now?

Once again I got you with my fourth grade humor. Lol. I'm just pointing out that our management will not take the lead in season, to either inspire us or inform us. Which is a microcosm of a much larger issue of how the teams runs its business. And also highlighting we deserve all the jabs we get.

my bad. thought i missed something on the redskins twitter page about a press conference or something. that doesnt mean that i "fell for sarcasm" again. i thought you were actually serious about bruce having a press conference, which could actually happen.

again, sorry about that.

my bad. thought i missed something on the redskins twitter page about a press conference or something. that doesnt mean that i "fell for sarcasm" again. i thought you were actually serious about bruce having a press conference, which could actually happen.

again, sorry about that.

No apologies needed at all dude. He's apparently stated several times he won't have an interview until the season ends. In fact all the media outlets are asking each week and every week they are declined. On ESPN 980 they actually poke fun at that fact.

We just stink that's something we all can agree on.

No apologies needed at all dude. He's apparently stated several times he won't have an interview until the season ends. In fact all the media outlets are asking each week and every week they are declined. On ESPN 980 they actually poke fun at that fact.

We just stink that's something we all can agree on.

i must have missed that news i guess.

Some of you have really thin skin and/or no sense of humor. This was hilarious and given how much we all hate Dan Snyder, y'all should appreciate it. This is exactly the type of statement many of you want to do in another way. "Hey Dan, look what happens when you don't have a quality GM."

Would you rather have their roster and coaches or what the Redskins have now?

Unequivocally... I would rather be where we are taking a gamble on a franchise QB.

Yea... They got depth!!! They're gonna finish 7-9 again.

Volts go from 1-15 to perennial playoff team. BECAUSE OF A QB.

Rams don't have one. We don't either. But, we took a shot and lost.

It's a joke to trot out SOME of the picks. More than half don't even play.

'Look what we did, we kinda got some players'.

It would be poignant if they were on their way to home field advantage in the conference.

Sorry, I ain't happy where the Skins are, but I don't take slaps in the face from losers.

Nobody's arguing.

It's a dick move.

If you say so.  I think it's rather funny. 

They don't have a QB. 

Neither do we.  Their non-QB just beat ours.  Again. 

20 wins is still more than we've got, in a much easier division. 

Which still probably be more than Vegas pegs us.  The Redskins are at the point that they can't look down their nose at ANYONE these days.  This team is literally the dregs of the league now. 

Not only am I laughing about it but Mike Shanahan got paid like 500k for that game while watching on his couch and he was laughing, as was Mike Holmgren who was responsible for driving up the price of the trade.

But remember according to Danny "Draft picks don't matter"

Archived