Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Petition for Snyder to Sell the Team

skins4eva

Until this thing gets turned around, fans could wear paper grocery bags at the game and write STOP SNYDER on them. Or write HIRE A BETTER GM. Just a thought.

I'm not sure that hiring a better GM would ever work because he'd never get enough time and the meddling is indisputable. Even if Shanahan WAS the one making all the decisions, which i seriously doubt he took no inputs from the owner, but even if he was he still was getting undermined by the owner, we still saw that RG3 had his dad in the locker room, took vacations with the owner, had all those benefits they are talking about that the other players are pissed about etc. WTF???

When Schottenheimer told Snyder and his people to stay out of his business it ended up getting him fired after a single season. Snyder can't keep his fingers out of the cookie jar. It's not fun watching somebody else play fantasy football with your own money and even if you suck at it repeatedly apparently that doesn't factor into the equation. This is why we will never be any better than Gibbs 2.0 and no matter how many times he says that he gets it, he doesn't. He's a complete idiot fanboy 13 year old kid allowed onto the field to get as many autographs as he wants and when things don't go his way he's the kid in that Twilight Zone episode where he sends them to the corn field. 

Could you imagine working for an owner like that, even with FULL CONTROL, calling you 10 times a day to tell you random bs that he is sure you need to know, like: did you know that Chad Johnson is available? The Bengals are taking offers for him, i bet we could get him for 2 first rounders. I'll talk to Bowlen at the next owners meeting and see what they want for Cutler, dontcha think he'd be perfect in our offense? I just finished watching that college game and did you see that Manziel kid? He's amazing.....

It%27s_A_Good_Life.JPG

The thing about Danny is - I'm sure he actually feels like he already did this thing fans have been screaming about when he fired Vinny and gave control to shanny.

So now he's thinking 'well wtf do you want me to do now?' I am NOT being a Dan defender here, but I think our recent hatred toward him is a little misplaced. We can be mad about Bruce but dans not going to fire him mid-season. We can be mad if he retains him another year. Until then, selling the team is unrealistic

I've taken a break from the boards & mostly football the last few weeks. The only thing i've really paid any attention to has been my fantasy playoffs. I've all but given up on this franchise, its fan base, our name...& the only reason i've come back here the last few weeks has been to pop in & check for any PM's.

During my latest visit i came upon this gem of a thread & decided...what the hay...i'll sign.

I have come to loathe football at the moment. I can't watch sports on TV without some jab or the gratuitous segments of "let's all laugh at the Redskins." I can't discuss this "franchise" at work without unloading self-depricating humor lest i be further ridiculed. I remember laughing & pointing at the Bungles, the Lions, the Browns, & heck...i remember hearing "well, it could be worse...you could have Jerry Jones as an owner." I used to wear my colors with pride & would have randoms in LA shout "yeah...HTTR!" When i would be seen out in public.

I hate this fan base for the rampant cannibalism...a bunch of rats chewing each other to pieces, trying to escape the sinking ship. Every discussion in any forum or platform aboug this team is an effort in futile attrition & i no longer have the stomach or stamina for it. We all have a hope, a theory, a demand for what we think should happen next, but we all (except cooleyfan...i kid, i kid) know at the surface that nothing can or will get better until Dan is gone.

I hate Sundays now because i feel compelled to work in order to save myself from the option of watching this calamity. I can't see a road to sustainable success, & i have all but walked away from this franchise in disgust...i have jerseys i paid hard earned money for that i want to unload.

I have considered just shutting myself off of football...just buying season seats to anther sport...(the Ducks know wtf they're doing organizationally, i bet that would be fun) just to stop me from spending another cent on football.

I used to love all these things. I enjoyed the fan base & the witty jabs. The running gags, the paloffs...oh how that was funny at one one time. Now it's sad...it's all just really, really sad. I see posters talk about apathy...just beyond the point of anger, or disgust, or enjoyment. This, my friends, is the true definition of depression.

Dan Snyder has officially succeded in sending his entire fan base into the downward spiral of bi-polar depression. Collectively, individually...just depressed. A wandering, stinking, festering cesspool of depressed degenerates who are laughed at, & poked at, & beaten down, & doused in salt & lemon juice over & over again at the mere mention of NFL football.

And it would be easy to blame our fans, our coaches, our GM, our luck, or even a malevolent curse placed on us by some maniacal N/A medicine man...but no...that would be wrong.

Dan...

This is ALL YOUR FAULT!

The throat snatching, apathetic, carcass poking, dead horse beaten, Stockholm Syndrome induced, no holds barred cannibalism is all your fault Mr. Snyder.

You have brought this once proud franchise to its knees to where we are now media filler for "what else can go wrong" segments on every news show in the Nation. I couldn't have my radio on AM for 2 minutes last week without some quip about this gawdawful ****storm.

Consider this my signature, & perhaps my official resignation from Redskins Nation.

I know, i know...i have stated as much before, in disgust, & perhaps in haste. In many ways it feels like the most sensible move. Elsewise, i see some healing here. Perhaps some faith can be renewed if we can at least make our voice heard...or better yet, actually make a dent. I won't hold my breath in the meantime, but i do see growth. It may just be enough to know that enough people want to do something. That many of us aren't just upset to the point of complaining...that we want to do whatever we can to try to force change. Be it passive, or wide-sweeping...we want change, & we're just angry enough to stick to our guns & keep our money in our pockets.

Will it matter? Who knows...doubtful. but it matters enough for us to make our disillusionment known, & to me...that matters.

As fans, we need to make a united statement, one that will bring national attention and shame to Daniel M. Snyder for ruining the once-great social institution that was the Washington Redskins. 

I feel strongly that a coordinated walk-out during the Dallas game, the only one that really matters to Redskins fans anymore and Dan's spectacle, will best serve this pursuit. A mass exodus from fans during a certain point in the 3rd quarter would draw extreme amounts of national attention and bring public embarrassment to Dan to the point that something would have to be done. 

If Dan Snyder were to sell this team, I'm afraid the new owner will change the name. That is the only thing that will cause me not to be a Redskins fan anymore.

Make your own jerseys with the name Danskins on them with the number 0 and the $ sign in the middle... be creative, You can do it for the price of a t-shirt and permanent marker.

Bill Simmons article (a separate thread) said, at the end of this season, that the Skins will have claim to the overall fourth-worst record in the league in the 16 years Snyder has owned the Skins. Good job.

Patience, time will bring us the third and perhaps second worst record.

This is my first post, after being a member of this bulletin board for five or six years.  I would sign this petition with the blood of all of my children, who would enthusiastically cooperate.  In response to the Washington Post's Dan Steinberg Skins bog today, hell yes.  I would take three years of No Football At All if we came out of it with a new owner. 

I came to DC in 1960, when we won one game.  We only won one the next year.  But I had more hope then than I have had in the last decade.  Sell the Skins, Dan.  You Suck.

55 Year Fan

I was at a restaurant today which had a piece of art consisting of drawings of Skins players from the Gibbs glory days and also some good players from our most recent history. The top right corner featured drawings of George Allen, JKC, Gibbs, and.........Dan Snyder. It almost seemed inappropriate that he should be included on a pic largely celebrating Skins greats

Dan, I don't know how this could happen but I hope that you somehow end up accidentally stapling lunch meat to your genitals and then fall into a pool of piranha. I hope that your tongue gets stuck in one of those old time movie projectors, nearly pulling it out of your throat before jamming right when the sensitive flesh is pressed firmly against the burning hot lightbulb.

Dan, I don't know how this could happen but I hope that you somehow end up accidentally stapling lunch meat to your genitals and then fall into a pool of piranha. I hope that your tongue gets stuck in one of those old time movie projectors, nearly pulling it out of your throat before jamming right when the sensitive flesh is pressed firmly against the burning hot lightbulb.

I take it you don't like Mr. Snyder very much?

As easy as it is to just lump all of the blame for our teams' failure on just one man, I did some research on how the team faired between the time of 1993-1998, post-Gibbs I and pre-Snyder era, and come to find out, in a span of 6 years, we were a combined record of 36-59-1 with only 2 winning seasons. I found this out in the link below. So I am starting to think that our failures may not ONLY be because of Dan Snyder, but he could be a major part of it, but if our failures run deeper than Snyder like this information might suggest, then I don't know what to attribute our struggles to.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/was/

As easy as it is to just lump all of the blame for our teams' failure on just one man, I did some research on how the team faired between the time of 1993-1998, post-Gibbs I and pre-Snyder era, and come to find out, in a span of 6 years, we were a combined record of 36-59-1 with only 2 winning seasons. I found this out in the link below. So I am starting to think that our failures may not ONLY be because of Dan Snyder, but he could be a major part of it, but if our failures run deeper than Snyder like this information might suggest, then I don't know what to attribute our struggles to.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/was/

Those teams weren't great, but two winning seasons in six years -- that's .333 and way better than it's been under Dan.

That average is pulled down by the awful 1993-1994 years, as we transitioned away from Gibbs and free agency just began.  Richie Petibon was simply not prepared to be a HC, and Norv's first team was terrible.  That last Gibbs playoff team was really old and we had to wipe the slate clean.

But after all that, we got better, and were always on the cusp of being a playoff team, but fell short in predictable Norv fasion.  We were setback by whiffing on some 1st round picks (Heath Shuler, Michael Westbrook, Andre Johnson) and free agents that didn't pan out (Dana Stubblefield).  So we were just sort of mediocre.  But we were not a joke the way we are now, and we won the division in 1999 with a team built by Casserly.

I am in. Dan has to swallow his pride and sell this team. As much as I would like a lifelong fan to own the team, it is just not working. if he really is a fan, he will sell it. Not only that, but he will make a boatload of cash and he will not have to worry about this mess. Not only that, but the team name thing will no longer be his problem. Please Dan, it is time!

Archived