Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Petition for Snyder to Sell the Team

skins4eva

based on my loyalty to this team and my faith in the team and FO. thats all i need.

I asked what your faith was based on.  You can't answer the question with the question.

Loyalty to a team has nothing, and I mean NOTHING, to do with Snyder.  He's as much of a piece of the puzzle as anyone else.  He has the same amount of importance as Kurt Haws.  When you have loyalty to specific people, then you're not a fan of the team; you're a fan of individuals.  Your claim of loyalty is counterindicated by your actions.

This is like saying that I know that a malignant growth can turn it around because it's part of my body.  No, you excise the tumor, and Snyder is just that.

Cheer for the colors, not the players/coaches/owner/anyone.  If you're not doing that, then you're doing it wrong.

I asked what your faith was based on.  You can't answer the question with the question.

Loyalty to a team has nothing, and I mean NOTHING, to do with Snyder.  He's as much of a piece of the puzzle as anyone else.  He has the same amount of importance as Kurt Haws.  When you have loyalty to specific people, then you're not a fan of the team; you're a fan of individuals.  Your claim of loyalty is counterindicated by your actions.

This is like saying that I know that a malignant growth can turn it around because it's part of my body.  No, you excise the tumor, and Snyder is just that.

Cheer for the colors, not the players/coaches/owner/anyone.  If you're not doing that, then you're doing it wrong.

The players/coaches/owners ARE a part of the colors though cause they are a part of the team i cheer for. i have my own way of cheering for the team, and you have your own way. doesnt mean my way is the wrong way or your way is the wrong way. they're both the right way.

i have faith in EVERY part of the team (players, coaches, AND the owner).

ive said this before, why are we letting a thread about the owner get in between us redskins fans? its clear that im not going to change your minds on him, and its clear that you guys wont change my mind on him. thats whats good about the world we live in, we are able to have our own opinions. at the end of the day, we are all redskins fans, and its crazy to get into stupid arguments

:)

Dan bought the team for around $750M in 1999. Currently, Forbes has its value at around $2.4B, but would probably sell for quite a bit more than that.

It would take a huge number to get him to sell, probably in the $5B range (reference the $2B paid for the Clippers).

Not many people or organizations have that kind of capital for a sports franchise like this one.

whatever guys. my opinion is that snyder is a good owner and my prediction is that he will do what it takes to make us winners again. im just leaving it at that.

Wwwwaaaahhh??????????????

What makes him a good owner?

You know he has been the owner for 15 years, right?  He continues to make the same mistakes, right?  We've won 2 playoff games since he has been owner (1 of which was from the team he inherited).  He's one of the most unsuccessful owners (from a football perspective) in the NFL, right?

I think you are "leaving it at that" because you literally have no actual evidence that could support your statements. 

The only reason anyone on the planet could be a Danny fan is if they are related to him.  That is it.  I can't think of any other reason outside of lacking mental capacity.

Wwwwaaaahhh??????????????

What makes him a good owner?

You know he has been the owner for 15 years, right? He continues to make the same mistakes, right? We've won 2 playoff games since he has been owner (1 of which was from the team he inherited). He's one of the most unsuccessful owners (from a football perspective) in the NFL, right?

I think you are "leaving it at that" because you literally have no actual evidence that could support your statements.

The only reason anyone on the planet could be a Danny fan is if they are related to him. That is it. I can't think of any other reason outside of lacking mental capacity.

I already said that the reason I like Snyder is because I support everyone thst is a part of the B&G. that's a good enough reason for me. Can people please just respect that?

No one's questioning his desire, intentions, or will.

We're all questioning his competency and ability.

He has no idea what he is doing and there is no reason to believe that is ever going to change. I'm not talking about money making...he has got that down real well. I'm talking about everything else.

The players/coaches/owners ARE a part of the colors though cause they are a part of the team i cheer for. i have my own way of cheering for the team, and you have your own way. doesnt mean my way is the wrong way or your way is the wrong way. they're both the right way.

i have faith in EVERY part of the team (players, coaches, AND the owner).

ive said this before, why are we letting a thread about the owner get in between us redskins fans? its clear that im not going to change your minds on him, and its clear that you guys wont change my mind on him. thats whats good about the world we live in, we are able to have our own opinions. at the end of the day, we are all redskins fans, and its crazy to get into stupid arguments

:)

Hey man, I do respect what you're saying, but look at it from this perspective:

1)  Thread is about Snyder and clearly about hating Snyder

2)  You post about liking Snyder

3)  People question you on that

4)  You don't want to talk about it

That's not how a message board works.  Don't come into a thread where you KNOW that you'll disagree with people and then say, "Hey, can't we all get along?"  No, we can't.  Not on *THE* source of our problems for the past 15 years.

i mean seriously...? just once id like to not be called an idiot for my OPINIONS. lollllll.

My Grandmother used to have a quite accurate saying, "when everyone else is wrong, it is usually is not them" 

While I think the word idiot is strong and too strong in this case, I would conclude having read the responses that you are naive even if genuine in your fandom. Naive in the business or sports world. Believing Snyder can change the losing heritage he has created versus wishful thinking that he can brings me to this conclusion. I think you as a fan need to take a breath and really think about his tenure here as an owner. 

Now that is as nicely as I can say it. In closing I don't see what harm it is in hoping something will get better, but if your foot is on fire hoping it goes out and actually pouring water on it are two different things. 

Happy Holidays as always, The Redskins and Snyder will not be home for Christmas, but surely will be for New Years. 

I have said it before and will say it again...I am a season ticket holder...but I would be glad to give them up for a chance to go one on one with Snyder in a boxing match (with proceeds to charity and not Dan's pockets).  

I hate everything he stands for and if something happened awful to him I would cheer for joy

My Grandmother used to have a quite accurate saying, "when everyone else is wrong, it is usually is not them"

While I think the word idiot is strong and too strong in this case, I would conclude having read the responses that you are naive even if genuine in your fandom. Naive in the business or sports world. Believing Snyder can change the losing heritage he has created versus wishful thinking that he can brings me to this conclusion. I think you as a fan need to take a breath and really think about his tenure here as an owner.

Now that is as nicely as I can say it. In closing I don't see what harm it is in hoping something will get better, but if your foot is on fire hoping it goes out and actually pouring water on it are two different things.

Happy Holidays as always, The Redskins and Snyder will not be home for Christmas, but surely will be for New Years.

I'm never going to change how I act as a fan though (having faith in everyone that is a part of the B&G, owner included). I seriously do not see how people have a problem with that, but whatever. I love this team and that's all that matters to me :)

I am officially a fan-in-exile because of Dan Snyder.

I could tolerate the losing if it was a little more . . . honest.  If it was because of bad luck, or because our ownership just didn't have the money to spend, or whatever.

But I can't tolerate the fact that fans are miserable, and the team is crappy, because the owner is just plain awful . . . because he's so mendacious and pathetic and needy (how many 50-year-old men strive to be "friends" with 22 year-olds?) and greedy.  He uses the team so he can have an "identity."  Hell, he uses the team so he can have a danged social life (think he ever would have met Tom Cruise otherwise?  Nuh uh).

This parasite has taken decades of tradition and just sucked the life out of it. 

I don't even feel like I'm leaving anything, because the team I grew up with . . the team of RFK, the Squire, Dexter, the Fun Bunch, Riggo, the Posse, Doug Williams and his touch of class, Darrell Green, Dave Butz, and "the best bloody fans in football" is dead.  Killed.  Alive only in my memory and in Rick Snyder books. 

Tired of being abused and taken for granted (the game-day experience is crap too, BTW).  Tired of defending the name (I'd trade it in a heartbeat to rid this franchise of Snyder).  Tired of being a sucker, of having my loyalty exploited, of having "my team" be the league's laughingstock.  Tired of facing a different coach every week (K Shanahan, Norv Turner, Brian Schottenheimer, Gregg Williams) who has an axe to grind against my team because of how crappily they were treated by the owner.

Done.  No more season tickets.  No more gear.  Don't care who my kids grow up cheering for.  I've suffered enough. 

I'm not going to just pick another rando team of which to be a  "fan" because that's not how it works.  And I'd sooner inject myself with the plague than become a Ravens fan.  So I'll just be in exile, appreciating the NFL for how awesome it is (the Seattle Philly game was fantastic), checking out the Skins if they're on.  I can't root for us to lose, because you fans who stick around don't deserve that.  But I just don't care anymore. 

If Dan lost the team, or if he somehow gave up all operational control (though how would we know it), I may re-emerge from hiding.  Or maybe not.  Who's to say?  I never thought it possible that I could get to this point, not after watching every snap since 1982, buying season tix as soon as my name came up on the list (what's that scam down to now?), decking out my home and offspring in B & G, and even waking up at 7:00 am the day after my wedding to turn on the game (we were in Maui).

So good job Dan.  Hope you have fun on your next Crown Royal bender when you (and whoever your paid "friends" are these days) start drunk dialing coaches to see who might be willing to commit career suicide in exchange for a fat guaranteed contract.

I'm never going to change how I act as a owner though (having faith in everyone that is a part of the B&G, owner included). I seriously do not see how people have a problem with that, but whatever. I love this team and that's all that matters to me :)

Corrected for ****s and giggles, though accurate as hell. 

What family are you from?  In my family, we fight all the time.  In any event, Snyder sucks...and anyone who things differently is an idiot :)

This actually made me snarf some of my drink.  I'll gladly sign the petition.  Like others have stated, short of legal action, NOTHING is gonna make the Dan sell this team.  Bullheaded, arrogant and stubborn to the core will prevent him from selling.  This will in effect say 'I failed' and as a fan of the team himself, he would never let this happen.  

I already said that the reason I like Snyder is because I support everyone thst is a part of the B&G. that's a good enough reason for me. Can people please just respect that?

Not really. 

Blind support is dangerous and generally just not a smart idea.   You need to think for yourself and make sure you agree with the things the people you are supporting are actually doing.  The fact someone is merely affiliated with a certain organization doesn't mean you should like and support them as an individual.  In that notion, if Hilter were the coach of the redskins, would you support him?  The entire notion is idiotic.

Not really.

Blind support is dangerous and generally just not a smart idea. You need to think for yourself and make sure you agree with the things the people you are supporting are actually doing. The fact someone is merely affiliated with a certain organization doesn't mean you should like and support them as an individual. In that notion, if Hilter were the coach of the redskins, would you support him? The entire notion is idiotic.

Ummm sorry for being the type of fan that is 100% optimistic. I've been this way since 2005. It's not a bad thing. And I definitely don't think its stupid. The fact that people here see my 100% optimisric attitude as stupid is just depressing. I will never, EVER change the type of fan that I am. Yes, maybe I am a blind optimistic fan, but I love when the schedule comes out so I can predict 12-4. My father does the same thing, he usually has us at 11-5, and he's been a skins fan since 1980. It runs in my family.

Archived