Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Petition for Snyder to Sell the Team

skins4eva

Soon you will see the truth... that Snyder has done 100 times more damage to this team than Haslett ever could. The Redskins that your father once loved are dead and never coming back, killed by a megalomaniacal midget who wanted to use them as his toy. Your blind optimism is only denial. An inability to accept the loss.

I found this interesting today in regards to Snyder's ownership....(my apologies 2nd time i posted this today)

perhaps cooleyfan1993 would be interested..

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/12/10/daniel-snyder-washington-redskins-nfl/

• Since Snyder arrived in 1999, Washington has enjoyed just four winning seasons, four playoff berths, two division titles and a 2-4 playoff record. Washington has never had consecutive winning seasons in the Snyder era, never won more than 10 games, and never reached an NFC title game. From 2009 on, Washington is 31-62 (.333) in the regular season, tied with Oakland for the fifth fewest victories in the NFL over that span.
  • Juxtapose that with the 16 seasons that preceded Snyder’s ownership in Washington, from 1983 to ’98, when the franchise had 11 winning seasons, eight double-digit win records, seven playoff berths, three Super Bowl trips, two Super Bowl titles and a 12-5 mark in the postseason. Pre-Snyder, Washington endured just five losing seasons in the previous 16 years, almost completely flipping the script.

The Redskins hit a downward spiral starting in 1993; however, that was maybe to be expected after their successful run with Gibbs was winding down and the beginning of free agency. In that instance, one would think with competent front office people that a successful rebuild would have occurred.

With inception of the Snyder era though, this was never going to happen. He has taken whatever possible rebuilding we would have been able to accomplish and driven it right into the ground with the force of an out of control jet airliner. He has made the organization a total joke to the rest of the sports world. And it pisses me off.....I WANT MY TEAM BACK!!!

It will never happen though with this guy in charge. The dysfunction will continue as long as he owns the team and I don't see him relinquishing anytime soon. He is totally clueless as to how to devise a winning organization and set up a culture of class and dignity.

I'll gladly sign this petition!!!

+1. Brilliant idea.

Keep part of the team, make your money, but just **** off and let somebody else have a crack. You Mr. Snyder have failed miserably. In the time you've owned the team The horrendous Bidwells built a new stadium and went to the Super Bowl. The cowardly Art Modell built a borderline dynasty in your backyard with his relocated Browns, the hapless Seahawks built the best stadium in football and won a trophy, the absolutely hopeless Paul Brown Jr. built a new stadium and has had more success with his ******* Bengals. You rank above only the most geographically challenged franchises in the league and yet IN THE ENTIRE WORLD you rank #5 in value behind only Manchester United, Real Madrid, the NY Yankees, and the Dallas Cowboys. Say what you will about Jerry Jones, he built one of the best stadiums in the world mostly with his own money. He may meddle but he's earned the ability to.

15 years, it's been one long horrendous joke with you Dan.

The latest jab coming from the ******* nothing having St.Louis Rams walking into FedEx and not only eviscerating your team but straight up punking you and your organization WITH ZERO REPERCUSSIONS. Because nobody that is directly or indirectly associated with the Redskins gives two ***** about them, about the brand or being part of it. There is absolutely ZERO PRIDE associated with this team and that falls squarely on you. This team is a joke, this organization is spineless, it's weak, it's inconsequential at it's best and down right tragic at it's worst.

Your personality brings disdain. The company you keep brings ridicule. The culture you've engendered is that of arduous mediocrity. Not the good kind of mediocrity either but the kind born of a moronic, sardonic shrewdness that could be called Dickensian if it were not all too real for us fans.

In 15 years:

- Your team has never strung together two winning seasons no matter the talent or the coach.

- You've allowed the name controversy to grow by positioning the franchise firmly on the back foot at every turn.

- You've done close to nothing to improve the stadium or the experience there.

- This team is worse off today than it was when you took over if only for the reason that it has not progressed in any facet of it's operation in any possible way. No, I'm wrong, you built practice bubbles at Redskins Park....kudos on getting to status quo.

Please, Dan, I'm begging you as a fan. If you ever loved this team...**** off. Let somebody smarter, somebody more talented, somebody more charismatic, somebody more successful have a shot.

I only wish this was a legal petition. I'd sign it. Again and again if I could.

Another option. Take your redskins stickers off your vehicle and turn them upside down. Just like the American flag turned upside down is a sign of duress, our upside down emblems can be viewed the same way. And WILL catch on. The more fans that see it and understand, the more that will participate. A silent protest. Added with our ticket holders selling their tickets to opposing teams fans. Fill the stadium with the wrong color. Merchandise sales will plummet.

Cooleyfan, I think one of the things that's causing so much static for your here is the way you're describing it. You support the team. You support the franchise. You support the Washington Redskins as a whole. We all do. That's why we're all here. You're obviously not an idiot for that. Otherwise we all would be. We all take the time to go to an online message board just to talk about it.

The issue here that's causing you grief with the rest of the posters is the rest of the posters are separating the man from the franchise and his performance as the owner of it. This thread and others like it aren't about the feelings for the team. They're about the man who owns it. If you feel he's a nice guy based on your experiences after having met him, awesome. That's honestly the contrary to what I've heard from anyone I've know that has met him. I've yet to meet anyone that has met him that hasn't said he was a total jerk. Especially folks I know who have worked for him.

It's coming off to me that you're saying you support Dan because he works in the owners box of the Washington Redskins. Not for his competency or prior lack of accomplishments. My question is how would you feel about him if he DIDN'T own the team? Say he owned a franchise unrelated to this one in any way. No rivalries or anything. Say he owned the Bills or something. How would you evaluate his performance there had all of the results here, been happening there? I think you might be able to have a more realistic discussion with folks here if you did it that way.

I respect your feelings on the team. We can relate to a certain degree in the fact that I'm not much older than you. I'm in the same unfortunate generation of folks who have never seen this team contend or be even a shred of what it once was. Yet I still continue to support this team regardless. I always will.

Not trying to tell you what to do. Just some friendly advice that maybe if you try and separate the man from the franchise to give an evaluation, you might get some better reactions when espressing those opinions. Hail. And cheers to you and the rest of us carrying the torch and talking our brethren who have seen the glory off the ledge.

I just canceled the remaining month of my NFL Sunday ticket so I could save $40 and not be in position to convince myself that I need to spend 3-4 hours watching this train-wreck of a team for the next 3 miserable Sundays. I know this action doesn't hurt Snyder in the wallet in any way but I do feel a bit liberated and proud to be ridding myself of this mess 3 weeks early.

*Signed

Keep part of the team, make your money, but just **** off and let somebody else have a crack. You Mr. Snyder have failed miserably. In the time you've owned the team The horrendous Bidwells built a new stadium and went to the Super Bowl. The cowardly Art Modell built a borderline dynasty in your backyard with his relocated Browns, the hapless Seahawks built the best stadium in football and won a trophy, the absolutely hopeless Paul Brown Jr. built a new stadium and has had more success with his ******* Bengals. You rank above only the most geographically challenged franchises in the league and yet IN THE ENTIRE WORLD you rank #5 in value behind only Manchester United, Real Madrid, the NY Yankees, and the Dallas Cowboys. Say what you will about Jerry Jones, he built one of the best stadiums in the world mostly with his own money. He may meddle but he's earned the ability to.

Please, Dan, I'm begging you as a fan. If you ever loved this team...**** off. Let somebody smarter, somebody more talented, somebody more charismatic, somebody more successful have a shot.

This entire post is a fantastic, extremely well-written piece illustrating the absolute disaster that is Dan Snyder.  He is a miserable, idiotic piece of ****.  Required reading for all Skins fans.

This article has its own thread, but I was thrilled to see a member of the national media nail this so well.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/12/10/daniel-snyder-washington-redskins-nfl/

Can I count this 4 times? One for me and one each for my wife and 2 kids?

Yes--we've counted it 4 times.  I'm going to send this petition to redskins park. 

I just canceled the remaining month of my NFL Sunday ticket so I could save $40 and not be in position to convince myself that I need to spend 3-4 hours watching this train-wreck of a team for the next 3 miserable Sundays. I know this action doesn't hurt Snyder in the wallet in any way but I do feel a bit liberated and proud to be ridding myself of this mess 3 weeks early.

*Signed

You can cancel and get partial refund?!?!?!

Edit- Also, consider me signed on this. I would love to cancel my sunday ticket and when they ask why, just respond washington redskins. All you'll get in response is "ohhhhhhhhh i understand"

This entire post is a fantastic, extremely well-written piece illustrating the absolute disaster that is Dan Snyder. 

Thanks cuz. I've all but officially given up. I watch games while I do other things now, it's a chore like taking care of an invalid or something. First time in my life I truly don't believe it will ever improve as long as this guy is here. I don't expect to win consistently until I'm like in my 60s and he's dead and gone. Nothing matters, the coaches, the players, it never changes. What gets me is that they've sucked long enough to have reaped enough talent to not be this bad and they still can't win, they just can't. Not only that they can't NOT be a conspiratorial melodrama EVERY season. This must be what having a drug addict in the family is like....you love them but they just wear you out to the point you need to stage an intervention or just cut ties. I just can't do this anymore with them....the last straw for me has been Griffin and them finding a way to **** that up in less than 3 seasons....it's a staggering disaster even for them, a real bellwether moment for the future. "Gruden vs. Griffin" err, no thanks...have em both, good luck with all that, go **** yourselves.

I don't post often enough, but here are my feelings.

I sign this petition, not because I hate Dan Snyder, but because of what he has turned this franchise into. True, when he bought the Redskins they were on a little bit of a playoff drought. True when he bought this team there was only one or two stars on the team. It’s even true that when he bought the team he decided to bring in big name players, even if those players were at the end of their career. 

This is a team that has been mine since 1988.  I love the history of the team, the players that were here even before I was alive (Sammy Baugh is one player that I wish I could have seen play). The players I grew up watching were just as amazing. I remember watching Darrell Green and thinking that dude can play. Green gave hope to me, because he was average height and played at not a NFL level, but a Hall of Fame level. To me that was awesome. But above all that he did it with humility.

Humility: the thing that Daniel Snyder seems to be lacking. From all the articles I have read on him, and some post from fans perspective, it feels like he thinks we fans owe it to him for our fandom. Well we don’t. He owes us. He owes us for sticking by and supporting a losing team for 12 out of 16 years. He owes us for buying into players he has brought here. He owes us for fighting for a name we (most) all love. He owes us a decent front office that knows what they are doing.

Every Christmas my wife gets me new Redskins gear, this Christmas I told her no. Not because I can no longer support this team, but because I no longer want to give my money to a man that feels like he could care less. His reign as owner has been filled with one bad move after another, and the future doesn’t feel any brighter.

I can’t fault him for Griffin; no one could see that fall coming like it did. But I can blame him for Smith, Sanders, George and various others. It has gotten so bad that I would rather see the name of my team, our team The Washington Redskins, go than see him run this team one more day. I will watch and follow this team always; there will never be another football team I will love as much as this. His tenure has been a joke. And it’s a joke I can no longer be apart of.

My wife is a Packers fan, but she knows how much this team means to my fellow fans and me. She understands that being a Redskins fan is not like being a fan of anything else. So, that said, she also wishes to sign with me.

I don't think I've officially signed yet, but count me in. Short of selling, at least vacate your position, Mr. Snyder. You've proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that your ownership and involvement with the team is detrimental. A good manager and owner would recognize his own ineptitude and hire someone to take over and right the ship. THAT would be good business.

EDIT: Maybe some of our mods might help this forward this and sticky the thread. That would have impact.

I just turned down free tickets to this weekends game. Never in my life would I have thought that I would be turning down free Redskins tickets.

You better figure this **** out Snyder because die hard fans are turning down free tickets that even 3 years ago I would have jumped on without thinking twice. **** You where you breathe.

Archived