Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Petition for Snyder to Sell the Team

skins4eva

I like Snyder. It sucks that he hires friends and tries to buy championships, but he wants to win. I'd rather have an owner that will spend every penny possible to win than one who keeps his wallet closed.

Wow, if I had a nickel for every time I heard that line over the last 15 years I'd be retired by now. Clearly, his desire to win hasn't translated into actually winning. Neither has any of the big spending. At what point do you throw your hands up and say "that's it?" He doesn't know what he's doing. Period, end of story.

I've stated my opinion already. find it in this thread if you want. im done for the evening lol

yeah, about that......we will be contenders within 10 years....it will happen :)

You say "we're going to be contenders within 10 years."  How does that make Snyder a good owner?

I remember some guy (username was like "SoCalSkinsFan") was on here around 2008 extolling Snyder, saying "He'll have a Lombardi within five years."  How's that working out? (Well, unless the dude thought the ones from the 80s counted).

Again, don't make a prediction on what may happen in 10 years.  Address the past 16 years.  And don't use "I've met Dan.......he's a nice guy" as an answer.

I'm not necessarily a Dan fan, but another poster made a point here on the board somewhere, and I think it bears repeating...

We could be one owner away from a name change. So there's that. (And I don't know which thought scares me more...knowing Dan will be the owner for potentially the rest of my life, or our name will change.

HTTR!

Dan could care less if anyone shows up as long as the seats and luxury boxes are sold. As long as their are ticket brokers selling to Eagles and Giants fans and corporations buying boxes for power meetings this petition will be about as effective as catching a fart with a net.

No offense meant, and I share your pain and sentiment. Dan just doesn't care as long as it doe$n't hurt him where hi$ pride and happine$$ lie.

I'm sorry but the talk of him caring just about money are some of the dumbest statements made.  

It's pretty simple:  He stands to make more money if the team is winning.  If the Skins had a winning record and a shot at the playoffs headed into yesterdays game, the seats would be filled with higher ticket prices, more money would be spent on food, beer and merchandise...more money would be made, fattening Danny's pockets.  

Your statement is almost like saying you own a company and you want to drive it into the ground because you think you'll somehow come out ahead.  

I don't know where to look at the financials but I'm assuming that the team made more money in 2012 with a hot QB and a playoff berth than this year where we're crawling to the finish line with fan apathy at an all time high.  

That said, I'd love it if he were to sell the team.  Doesn't Magic Johnson or someone want to put together a group and buy an NFL team?

You say "we're going to be contenders within 10 years."  How does that make Snyder a good owner?

I remember some guy (username was like "SoCalSkinsFan") was on here around 2008 extolling Snyder, saying "He'll have a Lombardi within five years."  How's that working out? (Well, unless the dude thought the ones from the 80s counted).

Again, don't make a prediction on what may happen in 10 years.  Address the past 16 years.  And don't use "I've met Dan.......he's a nice guy" as an answer.

I'm done stating my opinion on our owner, because I did that all last night. And i can make a prediction about i the next 10 years .if i want to.

Guys we could have a much worse owner - someone who doesn't spend money, and moves teams around. 

Lots of talk of up to 4 teams moving in the next few years. We should be happy that we are not on that list,

The biggest problem I have with Snyder is he doesn't hire the right people to run the show. Hopefully that will happen soon. 

Guys we could have a much worse owner - someone who doesn't spend money, and moves teams around. 

Lots of talk of up to 4 teams moving in the next few years. We should be happy that we are not on that list,

The biggest problem I have with Snyder is he doesn't hire the right people to run the show. Hopefully that will happen soon. 

No. We could NOT have a worse owner. It is not possible. 

He is the worst owner not just in football, but in professional sports. On top of that, he's a horrible human being. And THAT is actually the main point. It would be one thing if you had a good-hearted guy just trying his best and failing. But his abysmal personality infects EVERYTHING in that building from top to bottom, and unless he has some sort of "Ebeneezer Scrooge" moment, we as fans will continue to experience Jeff George's "Ebeneezer Ecuban" moment, year after year after year.

"Hopefully that will happen soon."

Yeah, any day now, I'm sure.  

whatever guys. my opinion is that snyder is a good owner and my prediction is that he will do what it takes to make us winners again. im just leaving it at that.

No one's questioning his desire, intentions, or will.

We're all questioning his competency and ability. 

My wife and I used to always say "If we have kids one day, it'll be fun to dress them up in Redskins outifts and take them to games and teach them about the team". Well, we found out we are expecting twins in June. And I've told my family not to buy them anything that has the Redskins name or logo on it. I just can't bear to turn them into fans of such a hopeless franchise, one that is ruled by such a clueless owner. I can't believe I feel this way now, but that's what the last 20 years has done to me. So, consider this my signature to the petition. Sure, I realize it's not going to accomplish anything, but the one thing about this team I will support is my fellow long-suffering fans. Especially the ones who can remember the good times. Our young fans only know this team as the laughing stock of the league, so they can deal with it better.  

Also, yesterday was my birthday. I had a chance to get free tickets to the game, but I passed. On my birthday, I passed up Skins tickets! If you has told me back the '80s I would do this in the future, I'd have laughed at you long and hard.

No one's questioning his desire, intentions, or will.

We're all questioning his competency and ability. 

yes, and my prediction is that he is COMPETENTt enough and has the ABILITY to turn us into a winning team again within the next 10 years :)

He's just trolling the board. He looks like a goober

who?

Hell no. What if that new owner changes the name? F that.

What has Snyder already done if not DESTROYED this team's name? It used to mean something league-wide. It used to command respect. Now, it means NOTHING beyond mockery. The name is a joke. That's what's so ironic about this moron's efforts to keep people from changing the name. HE HAS CHANGED THE NAME! He's changed what the name means. It used to be the football equivalent of a punch in the mouth. Now it's simply a punch line to what's becoming a VERY old joke. 

Archived