Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DS: London Fletcher: DC Jim Haslett "Clueless" w/ video

DC9

This thread. Just go back and read through it.

Sacks, the criticism of Fletcher in this thread has always been the way in which he went about criticizing Haslett. he didn't just say he was bad- he attacked his character, which seemed a little bit over the top and a little bit shocking.

Its one thing to say somebody isn't good at their job and another to attack their character.

Yet I see post after post in this thread-including the one I originally responded to -that don't seem to understand the difference.

Sacks, the criticism of Fletcher in this thread has always been the way in which he went about criticizing Haslett. he didn't just say he was bad- he attacked his character, which seemed a little bit over the top and a little bit shocking.

Its one thing to say somebody isn't good at their job and another to attack their character.

Yet I see post after post in this thread-including the one I originally responded to -that don't seem to understand the difference.

But what if Haslett is a backstabber/media leaker/career killer?  Then it wasnt an attack, it was the truth.

But what if Haslett is a backstabber/media leaker/career killer? Then it wasnt an attack, it was the truth.

I hear ya. If he felt that way, he should have been more specific, imo, for one. He talked in a lot of general terms about throwing people under the bus, and him being a snake, but didn't give much as far as specific examples.

A lot of it came off as incoherent rambling. Especially when he started going to the tape. He's pointing out players being out of position without saying how it was because of the play call as opposed to the player screwing up the coverage.

And getting video to support an argument for haslett being bad shouldnt be that hard.

Before this week I never heard a peep about haslett being a bad guy. It was all about him just being a bad d coordinator, which nobody really disputes. Except maybe Chris Russell. Ironically, shanahan has had that rep for years. But not haslett.

If you're going to out you're former boss as a backstabbing snake, you really better have something to back it up. Now, there may be more that we find out. I would hope so, at least.

But was that the time and way to do it? Not imo. Talk about him being bad at his job. When you start rambling and mixing personal attacks with potential legit criticism, it makes you just sound bitter.

I can't recall ever seeing a coach personally attacked by a player in that kind of forum just out of the blue like that.

Haslett has always been mediocre and downright bad, he even took a good pittsburgh defense and made it bad LOL Someone just Lock Danny away , fire Allen Gruden and every scout , etc front office pukes ...everyone!!! this isn't supposed to be butt buddy ball. Dan sell the team ...Skins fan hate you

So besides not adjusting during the 1st game against the Giants to do something about Donnell, Haslett didn't know about him before the game? How? He averaged 6 catches and 60 yards in three prior games, with one TD coming into that game. Was he going off of game tape from last year or something? Hopefully, this week, he's aware that there's also this guy named Odell Beckham Jr. who has been playing pretty well of late. 

He is aware of Beckham.  That's why he let Beckham own us.

Beckham is an amazing athlete, but you knew Haz would make him look 20 times better. I love how well Breeland played against him. The last TD was against Amerson, fpr some reason David was giving Odell the famous Haz 8 to 10 yard cushion at the goal line. Ball is snapped Amerson back pedaled. You can't make this **** up. The second TD was against zone coverage. I have a hard time figuring out why Haz would call any zones at all. The Skins have been killed in zone all year.

Anyways, I really think Breeland is going to be an all pro for years to come. He is by far the best DB on the team. I think he is even better then D Hall pre injury.

It's hard not to correlate his gameplans and defenses  to a whack a mole machine. He just tries to hopefully whomp one of them on the head that he's already seen. It is pathetic week after week.

I hear ya. If he felt that way, he should have been more specific, imo, for one. He talked in a lot of general terms about throwing people under the bus, and him being a snake, but didn't give much as far as specific examples.

A lot of it came off as incoherent rambling. Especially when he started going to the tape. He's pointing out players being out of position without saying how it was because of the play call as opposed to the player screwing up the coverage.

And getting video to support an argument for haslett being bad shouldnt be that hard.

Before this week I never heard a peep about haslett being a bad guy. It was all about him just being a bad d coordinator, which nobody really disputes. Except maybe Chris Russell. Ironically, shanahan has had that rep for years. But not haslett.

If you're going to out you're former boss as a backstabbing snake, you really better have something to back it up. Now, there may be more that we find out. I would hope so, at least.

But was that the time and way to do it? Not imo. Talk about him being bad at his job. When you start rambling and mixing personal attacks with potential legit criticism, it makes you just sound bitter.

I can't recall ever seeing a coach personally attacked by a player in that kind of forum just out of the blue like that.

In the radio interview on with The Junkies, Fletcher got into specifics on the coaches Haslett has backstabbed, but not the players who's careers he ruined. He mentioned how Linehan brought him to be DC for the Rams, and he backstabbed him when Linehan got fired. Then brought up the more obvious case for us, claiming Shanahan was the reason why his defenses have been so bad because he was changing his gameplans and usurping his playcalling duties. 

In  Haslett's defense, and I can't believe I'm wriitng this, it's hard to believe with Haslett's lack of accountability that he never ratted out Fletcher for changing the play call on the field. Hey, maybe he did and Shanahan told him to shut up, who knows. 

In the radio interview on with The Junkies, Fletcher got into specifics on the coaches Haslett has backstabbed, but not the players who's careers he ruined. He mentioned how Linehan brought him to be DC for the Rams, and he backstabbed him when Linehan got fired. Then brought up the more obvious case for us, claiming Shanahan was the reason why his defenses have been so bad because he was changing his gameplans and usurping his playcalling duties. 

In  Haslett's defense, and I can't believe I'm wriitng this, it's hard to believe with Haslett's lack of accountability that he never ratted out Fletcher for changing the play call on the field. Hey, maybe he did and Shanahan told him to shut up, who knows. 

it's probably harder to judge the players.  But Fletcher was damn good and he'd been to a lot of camps.  I imagine he's generalizing, but figuring he saw guys who he thought would be good, but they got nowhere with their chance under Haslett

Fletcher said Haslett gave him free reign to change the call on the field, so there would be nothing to rat out.

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Bacarri-Rambo-We-Believed-In-Each-Other/7c25ec14-deb0-48d1-822e-1a4631b46ca5

Rambo is amazingly humble.  Gives all the credit to the 10 other defensive players and the coaches.  He also expresses gratitude to the Bills organization for giving him a second chance.

Said he worked out in Denver with Brian Dawkins.

Said Redskins told him he was allowing too many plays and he didn't play special teams, so they cut him.  Seeing the same **** happen to Ryan Clark makes me wonder if Haslett threw Rambo under the bus...

The Cardinals just shut down the Rams on Thursday Night with ease. What did Jim's D do against the Rams? Made them look like The Seahawks. 

But lets keep him another 10 years....

Bowles' boys blitz more than any other team in the NFL.

Gee..    if you HIT and HARASS the quarterback, you can play better in the back! Cause Turnovers, force things.

Someone clue Haslett to this notion.

Watching us rush the same four guys in the same way every play is extremely frustrating.

~Bang

Bowles' boys blitz more than any other team in the NFL.

Gee..    if you HIT and HARASS the quarterback, you can play better in the back! Cause Turnovers, force things.

Someone clue Haslett to this notion.

Watching us rush the same four guys in the same way every play is extremely frustrating.

~Bang

Hashat is utterly clueless. He has no idea how to coordinate a defense--which is why our defense looks so uncoordinated...

What I find kind of funny is all of the media members who are criticizing Fletch for stabbing Haz in the back, asking where was this when he was playing (um, duh. Like this team doesn't have enough discord over the last 15 years?!). And then immediately turning around and saying "it's not surprising because <insert bad experience with, or character assassination of, Fletcher here, in exactly the same manner he is being criticized for>" Which they never said before because why?

I also find it funny the number of media members who are attacking Fletch for attacking Haslett in the exact same manner many of them attack Griffin.

If we beat Dallas next week and somehow they decide to bring Jim back next year ..I'm going to throw a major fit...probably some things are going to get broken ..Might as well get some boxing gloves so I can go off without breaking my fists up against the wall. My number one wish for the new year is for Jim Haslett to be gone.. I can give Jay another year to get it going but not this loser being our defensive mind he has had 5 years to prove what a fraud he is.

Archived