Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: Redskins at Colts ~FINAL

TK

Yup

Every decision made since 1998 has been a fanboy disaster. Cozying up to the big name jocks, hiring your buddies, and firing people who won't let you play with your toy

Haslett will be fired and we will sign a free agent safety for $50 million guaranteed. Season ticket sales will surge

And nothing will change.

Haslett is not Lombardi but he is not the problem.

I agree with you on everything except season ticket sales surging.  Snyder may have exhausted the last ounce of goodwill from this fanbase.  Don't think people are lining up to watch the McCoy led Redskins under Gruden's expert instruction.  Don't think people are going to spend hours and hours in traffic getting to Fedex (man do they regret those naming rights) to watch this crap franchise **** the bed week after week in new and creative ways.  I think people are absolutely sick of this crap, and I think people literally hate, and I mean HATE Dan Snyder.  That piece of **** has run this franchise into the ground.  He is a pathetic little man, with no confidence, no real intelligence and no ability to understand what he does not know.  He will never ever change.  We are totally ****ed.

Maybe so, but seeing as Haslett is the only 3-4 DC we've had so far (for 5 years no less), and we've gone downhill, I think giving someone else 3 years to at least try and right the ship is something we should try.

If the ship Captain sails you into enemy territory, a maelstrom, accidentally loses most of the food supplies, and then proclaims you're sailing deeper into enemy territory and towards a huge reef, you don't not mutiny just because the odds of the First Mate getting you out alive are slim.

"Their probably accustomed to your orders making sense...

Jean-Luc, blow up the damn ship!

--Nooo!Noooooooooooooo!"

Well, today just goes to show that the problem isn't one guy: it's the entire organization.

I like Gruden's attitude, but he's in over his head.  Haslett isn't as bad as people make him out to be, but he certainly isn't an asset either.  Time to rebuild this thing from the ground up.  I can think of about a dozen guys worth keeping; otherwise, it's time bring in (more) new blood (again).  Sigh, at least I won't be missing anything by canceling my DirecTV tomorrow.

Yup

Every decision made since 1998 has been a fanboy disaster. Cozying up to the big name jocks, hiring your buddies, and firing people who won't let you play with your toy

Haslett will be fired and we will sign a free agent safety for $50 million guaranteed. Season ticket sales will surge

And nothing will change.

I am okay with not putting this all on Haslett, but his history speaks for itself. His resume contains an extensive set of fail with little win. 

oh please; if RG3 was out there we wouldn't of put up even this many points. Did you forget Rg3's fantastic performance against the buc's already?

Seriously, the hated causing delusion in people is getting old.

Where in the did I suggest we would get more points if we had Griffin out there? Are you so delusional hateful of Griffin that you just imagine what people say instead of actually read?

My post was saying people foolishly put too much blame in Griffin for the sacks and were foolishly over confident that Colt coming in would mean significantly less sacks. I was saying that I expected colt to have similarly bad sack numbers because protection is poor, and his mobile play style (similar to Griffin) tends to lead to more sacks than a normal drop back guy. I pointed at giving up 3 sacks and a number of near sacks to a bad sacking team in Dallas as why I expected that.

NOTHING about that suggests Griffin would've scored more or as many points. NOTHING about that suggests that Griffin would've played better or as well. NOTHING about that suggests Griffin bad weeks (one of which I said he played like dog S) weren't bad weeks.

All it was saying is that Protection is BAD on this team and those expecting significantly less sacks from Colt are fooling themselves

Anything else you ignorantly suggesting im saying is just incorrect.

Well, I hate losing. But at this pint if prefer to lose 27-49 than 17-20.

At least the offense did SOMETHING. I already knew the defense was trash.

Offense should have scored more than 3 points on 3 turnovers.

But, they went on the road and put up 27. That's at least an improvement.

Maybe they can build on that.

OL needs to be addressed.

[Puts on psychic cap]You know, it will be our luck that RGIII will be gone after next year, and wherever he ends up, he's going to excel. 

And when he comes back here, he puts up 400 yards on us. 

Colt will regress towards his mean in 2015 and will be out of here, and we will be without Cousins (he'll leave too).

Gruden's gone after next season.  And we will be minus a head coach, a def coordinator, a starting qb, and any hope.

2016 will see Snyder fall victim to a hostile takeover (of the team), and he'll be made minority owner.  The new majority owner will change the name, and the suckage will continue.

In 2018, the NFL goes to two tier system, and we get relagated to the subordinated league.  But we will work our way back up, and contend for superbowl by 2021.

As the Redskins (oops Warriors) close in on their first superbowl title since 1991, and as our QB Tyler Jackson approaches the goal-line for the game winning touchdown to clinch the Lombardi, Jesus returns raining fire and brimstone on the fallen, and the world ends.  Amen.

Yup

And nothing will change.

Haslett may not be the problem, but he's not part of the solution either. At this point there are too many things broken and it's going to take time to fix them. Different year, same sh*t.

I disagree our fan base is dumb. We may be emotional and irrational at times, but the real fans are loyal.

Why do you people keep bringing up RGIII when talking about McCoy?

I don't get it.

McCoy played better than most would have expected from Griffin but it wasn't by a large margin and I don't think McCoy has proven to anyone that he is the franchise QB we seek or he should even be the starter of this team. I think what McCoy did prove is that this offensive line is very difficult to play behind and it will make many QBs look poor at times (most of the time).

The defense sucks. If the defense plays Indy like they played Dallas then we win. That doesn't happen though so we lose.

this isn't an rg3 thread---people who have a history of having been turning every conversation into that and ignoring warnings are being banned as it basically becomes as much trolling as anything else at a certain point......just fyi...

Archived