Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: Redskins at Colts ~FINAL

TK

good yardage and completion but when you've got to throw that many times I suppose yardage adds up

He still took six sack. That would bring our pass attempts to 53. That means he got sack once just under every nine times he dropped back. I doubt that's very good.

I didn't see Breeland picked on to much which is positive. Maybe the Skins would have better luck blitzing if they used the guys who are supposed to have skill rushing passers like Everette Brown to blitz and leave coverage guys in covers

I just don't get it. It feels like it never fails against us. Why do we always end up w/ a pass rusher in coverage? I just feel like we're constantly getting out schemed on both sides of the ball. Other coaxing staffs look at our weaknesses and attack them. We highlight our own issues.

Paulson has gotten progressively worse during the last couple of years...

NO, just this year, hmm, so has Reed, Morris, Moss, Garcon, Trent, Young,,,,,etc. 

And that's saying something, as he was pretty ****ing bad when he first showed up.

HE really got better though, he was surprisingly catching the ball and TD's, blocking like an animal, now this.

The facts are with 11 minutes to go in the 3rd Qtr he had us back in the game down only 4 points.  Was he explosive, no he wasn't.  He was exactly what we thought he was, a solid performance, no int's and he moved the ball and put up points after the 1st quarter jitters.  This kind of play would have probably won the last 3 games, but its not going to beat a team like the Colts.

I think McCoy played a good game, overall, but Im going to disagree about the "would probably won the last 3 games" part.. 90% of the time if we get a lead or threaten other teams, they just turn up the heat and burn us to the ground.. This team would struggle to beat Oakland right now, I truly believe that..

And that's saying something, as he was pretty ****ing bad when he first showed up.

In 2012, he was darn good, and was reliable, something we desperately needed considering Davis was done halfway through the season. All we had was him, a butter-fingered Swiss Army Niles and the ghost of Chris Cooley. He wasn't flashy, but he got the job done. Then 2013 happened, and the entire team sucked, including him.

Not much to say..  Offense was better.. Injuires and stupid mistakes on defense killed us again..

Yes the offense should have scored on those turn overs but it was nice to see those long TD drives.

I think too many here are far to ready to throw Gruden out with the bath water.

I just don't get it. It feels like it never fails against us. Why do we always end up w/ a pass rusher in coverage? I just feel like we're constantly getting out schemed on both sides of the ball. Other coaxing staffs look at our weaknesses and attack them. We highlight our own issues.

a lot of time, it seems like we have coaches who want to outsmart the other team instead of outplaying them.

People love the idea of things no one expects, "They'll never see it coming" everyone says.  I've always felt there's a reason for that.  They're bad ideas most of the time. 

Colt played ok* but there seems to be some fundamental flaws in Gruden's offense. 

Defensively, they are a plucky bunch.  It's their inability to prevent the big play is amazing.  They have to be near the top of the league in 20+ yd touchdowns surrendered.  

*By ok, I mean in comparison to standard QB play.  Compared to RG3, it was much better.

49-27? yikes...when i turned off my phone for my flight back to CT, the score was 21-17 (we got a TD in the 3rd quarter to make it 21-17, down by 4)...what the **** happened? i mean, im not surprised, but...ughhh. just ughhh!!!! life of a skins fan...also, the Rams put up 52 on the raiders today, so next sundays game isnt a sure win either. 3-13 this season once again? sigh...

The #Redskins allowed 487 yards today, most since they allowed 580 at Green Bay last season and the fifth-most in the last 10 seasons.

Wanna know a fun fact?  CSN's post game showed a graphic of "Top 5 points allowed since the merger" by the Redskins.

3 of them were on Haslett's watch.  That's damn impressive.

Colts this year (49 each)

Broncos/Chiefs last year (45 each)

Eagles in the Monday Night Massacre in 2010 (who I believe just scored again)

The issue isn't the talent.

It's Haslett.

With an okayish coordinator this is a top 16 defense. Amerson and Breeland are both starter level CBs. Our safeties aren't good but there are worse safety groups in the league. LBs solid except for Riley. DL is fine.

They're just incompetently coached and led.

But I'm sure Bruce and Danny will find an excuse to bring most if not all of the coaches back.

Wanna know a fun fact?  CSN's post game showed a graphic of "Top 5 points allowed since the merger" by the Redskins.

3 of them were on Haslett's watch.  That's damn impressive.

Colts this year (49 each)

Broncos/Chiefs last year (45 each)

Eagles in the Monday Night Massacre in 2010 (who I believe just scored again)

philly just scored again? didnt they get today off?

Archived