Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: Redskins at Colts ~FINAL

TK

Whatever talent evaluate thought it was ok to start the season with Rambo, Clark and Meriweather as our top 3 safeties should be held accountable.

These are the guys who told us that FSU free safety Terrence Brooks, already an impact starter for the Ravens and available at our pick right before theirs in the 3rd round, 'wasn't any better than what we already had in house.' What a joke our talent evaluators and defensive coaches are.

I am sorry, I have no idea what this means.... Could you explain?

Sorry, that wasn't really explained well.

I looked up the average points scored per game (each team) for each year (across all teams and games), and the past five years have all been in the top 12 average points scored since they started keeping this information.

Basically, the NFL teams are scoring more.

That being said we've been above the average in every season.  Our best year in the last 5 was 2011 with 22.9 ppg allowed, with our worst being last year at 29 ppg.

I think we started turning the corner in 2011 to be honest.  That defense got hung out a couple of times by Beck and Grossman and their turnovers/sacks taken.

But after 2011 we lost that one guy... can't remember his name.  Oh... Lou Spanos.  Who went to UCLA and moved their defense from the 80s to the 10s in two years.

I think we started turning the corner in 2011 to be honest.  That defense got hung out a couple of times by Beck and Grossman and their turnovers/sacks taken.

But after 2011 we lost that one guy... can't remember his name.  Oh... Lou Spanos.  Who went to UCLA and moved their defense from the 80s to the 10s in two years.

He's got to be near the top of the list of guys we'd want to replace Haslett with.

That being said, he might be too smart to take the job even if we offered.  Couldn't blame him for taking the slow road instead of jumping into a DC slot and likely ruining much of his post-us career.

Archived