Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Open Letter to Dan Snyder

TD_washingtonredskins

I met this guy at a Ravens event and got to ask him a question about how the Ravens can get so many draft picks and Free Agents right but the Redskins can't.... All he did was laugh.... Then went on about how the Ravens would have never signed Haynesworth to a $100 billion contract. 

The front office here sucks and has sucked for a long damn time. They thought it would be ok to trot an ESPN analyst on the field as our starting safety. And I see Phillip Thomas has been activated. He needs to start. If he looks like he can be ok then keep him, if not cut him. I'm tired of the bull crap. 

Well that was a stupid answer.

The real answer is they continually draft players, and they don't play heavily in the free agent market.  So as they have matured, they lose players to free agency and sign fewer free agents than they lose.  So they get extra picks.

You can't do that if you trade picks and plan for your starters to be free agents.

Dan ...

Tell your staff to build the best O line in football ASAP ... fire them if they don't.

Tell your staff to find and sign 2 decent safeties, at least one of them needs to be excellent in coverage ... fire them if they don't.

Implement the maximum fines possible for conduct detrimental to a winning football team (e.g., personal fouls, fouls after the whistle, etc.).

Tell your D Coordinator to keep the opposition to 21 points or fewer per game ... fire him if he doesn't

Build a new stadium with fewer seats, shoulder room in each for a full grown man, parking for everyone that's in a central location

Can everyone and anyone who is unprofessional, doesn't perform up to expectations and especially to isn't devastated by the continued piss poor performances.

thank you ...

that is all

Every year when the losing starts, people start blaming Snyder?

The product we have on the field is outcome of the GM/President downwards to the coaches. Snyder didn't draft/hire the players in the team.

Snyder hired the GM/President. It starts at the top. Don't believe new, competent ownership can make a difference? Look at the Wizards and Nationals when they got sold to people who can competently hire a front office. It all trickles down. Snyder doesn't know how to hire a front office, and the result is what you see on the field. 

Bad ownership = bad teams.

Good ownership = good teams.

Or do you need 15 more years to learn the lesson?

Dan doesn't care because the suckers line up to hand him piles of cash. If they stop he'll hire another big name coach and get everyone back and excited, starting the cycle all over again. Dan isn't getting a dollar from me until he builds a consistent winner. There are better teams in town for me to support.

Snyder hired the GM/President. It starts at the top. Don't believe new, competent ownership can make a difference? Look at the Wizards and Nationals when they got sold to people who can competently hire a front office. It all trickles down. Snyder doesn't know how to hire a front office, and the result is what you see on the field. 

Bad ownership = bad teams.

Good ownership = good teams.

Or do you need 15 more years to learn the lesson?

Al Davis ... 3 Super Bowl Championships

Dear Dan,

If you're the fan of this team that you say you are, you'd take accountability for driving this team further and further deeper into the **** with nearly every decision you make.

In any other business, you'd not have been able to survive 15 years without results. Shareholders would've voted no confidence a long time ago, or your business would be bankrupt. All you can survive on is selling hope on a franchise that lives off of it's storied history.

For the sake of all Redskins fans, yourself included, do the right thing. Sell up.

Dan doesn't care because the suckers line up to hand him piles of cash. If they stop he'll hire another big name coach and get everyone back and excited, starting the cycle all over again. Dan isn't getting a dollar from me until he builds a consistent winner. There are better teams in town for me to support.

Past years i would say this is 100% true. However ticket prices are plummeting as they should...when Dallas comes to Town week 17 and 90% of the stadium is Dallas fans maybe that will send a message? Who knows.  

Well that was a stupid answer.

The real answer is they continually draft players, and they don't play heavily in the free agent market.  So as they have matured, they lose players to free agency and sign fewer free agents than they lose.  So they get extra picks.

You can't do that if you trade picks and plan for your starters to be free agents.

Yep.  They have historically drafted well and have a good base, which allows them to draft BPA now.  Even taking a chance or two on some guys with questionable character - like Jernigan and the other kid Brooks out of FSU.

I was LIVID we didn't draft either of those two when we were in position to.

But I regress. :P

It has been thirteen years since the Danny uttered his famous quote in the newspaper that has remained part of my signature below.  He has to let the football people decide who will be our quarterback next year and these next six games should tell us if RG III can be fixed or not.   The MAJOR error of this owner is that he has always focused on the short term and has made money that way but he has not got people in the front office who built the team for long term success.  Its nice to have expensive receivers but if the offensive line cannot block and the quarterback cannot hit his receivers then you have thrown money down the drain.

Several years ago, the Danny could have signed Ron Wolfe as a consultant because he retired to Annapolis.  Wolfe could have helped this team with improving on their bad draft picks.  He could have been the new Bobby Bethard and assisted the Danny's hand picked General Manager.  But instead we got Vinny as the General Manager who was a very good "Yes Man" which means in effect you had Snyder playing General Manager in the same way the Jerry Jones has been the defacto General Manager.  Jerry has not won a playoff game since Jimmy Johnson left their team.

Archived