Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Open Letter to Dan Snyder

TD_washingtonredskins

this

The worst thing about Snyder is not his desire to be a (bad) fantasy football GM. It's that he is a starstruck fan who just wants to pal around with the athletes. And that means that the coaches do not have the authority, the star players do. 

I've been off the Snyder bandwagon since he hired Gibbs. I love Gibbs, but the move was another offseason Superbowl.

That's certainly a bad thing.  I think the worst thing though is his constant expectations that we are just going to win the superbowl every year.  He "demands" that, but doesn't realize you don't just get a new QB or coach and go to the Superbowl.  He has no respect for the process.  He won't be happy with letting the team stink, but develop, for better years ahead.  Its his lack of patience that has led to a 15 year plague upon this organization.

I was going to make a thread, but I'm just going to post here and people can tear this post up.

I've been thinking about this for a while and I truly think Snyder is far more involved than the press would have you believe.

I think he was behind the McNabb trade and the RGIII trade.

I've always thought the same thing and every time we win and they show the locker room with DS in there WHOOPING IT UP with the players and handing out game balls instead of the coach it always reminds me that we will go on a losing streak after that game, (like when we beat Jax).

What the hell? That happened?

Yeah there was a video but you should know that always happens. Remember the one when Zorn won 3 in a row and on the road vs Dallas, Philly and they had Snyder on video running with the team into the locker room yelling and screaming like a 12 year old fan? Then we finished the season losing to everybody.

If I was the coach I wouldn't want the owner in there at all and if anybody is handing out game balls it should be the coach.

Didn't see the Jax video, but Jay gave the gameballs to Amerson and Breeland after the Cowboys game.

Also that video from 2008 was Snyder coming out of the owners box in Philly and headed to the locker - he wasn't running with the team.  That's the one where he was like "Yeah!  At Philly - At Dallas" or something like that?

I think his managerial skills suck and his ability to relinquish any control to someone outside of his circle/pick out a skilled high level executive are the biggest issues.

At this point, you know Snyder's football organization is going to be a joke just as certainly as you know I'm going to eat Honey bunches of oats tomorrow.

A guy I work with said today that most teams have to deal with some crap on the side but for us, the side is football. The focus is always the crap.

Also, every time it looks like we might be turning a corner, you know something incredibly stupid is going to happen before the start of the next season to screw us up again.

Since this is an Open letter to Dan:

Mr Snyder,

Please do not listen to internet message boards for advice on how to run your team.  Although I do generally agree that we do need to make improvements to our team, I would rather you NOT take advice on how to do so from an internet message board.

Thanks,

Airborneskins (redskins season ticket holder for a VERY LONG TIME).

Yeah because Dan Snyder doesn't need any help, he's a terrific owner.... right? And it's not like we will never win again with him running the show? And he's not being stubborn on insisting that RG3 is the starting QB for the next 15 years..

Pretty amazing how one owner can claim the worst free agent signing in NFL history, the biggest draft bust in NFL history, plus several more spots in the top 10 lists of worst trades and worst free agents of all time.

lets be fair ... Russell (Raiders) wins biggest draft bust and biggest draft QB bust

unless you meant worst trade to draft a bust ... in which case ... ya-huh pretty amazing

Dan:

Step 1 - Look in the mirror

Step 2 - Realize this all starts with you

Step 3 - Hire a GM with proven player evaluation skills and beef up the scouting department

Step 4 - Empower that person to fail in the W-L column for 2-3 years before evaluating him.  This is perhaps the most important step, there is no mandate to "win now."  There is only a mandate to "build now."

Step 5 - Let that person make all personnel moves.  ALL of them.  You're brilliant idea to trade for Tom Brady is not a brilliant idea.

Step 6 - Retain Gruden

Step 7 - Empower Gruden to fail in the W-L column for 2-3 years.

Step 8 - Realize that you are judging people on results other than W-L for 2-3 years.  

Dear Dan,

I know that you will never sell the team and that we will never be any good while you are still owner. The only logical plan then is for you to please use some of your money to send me (and any other fans who wish to go) through the Saturn wormhole so that we might spend a few hours on the planet orbiting Gargantua from Interstellar. Since time will be moving much faster here on Earth, I look forward to returning to my home planet in the year 2084, still a young man but long after you have departed. It is the only chance to see a winning Redskins team in my life.

Dear Dan,

I know that you will never sell the team and that we will never be any good while you are still owner. The only logical plan then is for you to please use some of your money to send me (and any other fans who wish to go) through the Saturn wormhole so that we might spend a few hours on the planet orbiting Gargantua from Interstellar. Since time will be moving much faster here on Earth, I look forward to returning to my home planet in the year 2084, still a young man but long after you have departed. It is the only chance to see a winning Redskins team in my life.

Lots of points here for novelty.  You know it's gotten really bad when time travel is legitimately on the table.

We're the Raiders of the east coast.

Hapless, clueless, 'oh i know what to do, let's sign an over-rated FA, or hire one of my buds so I can repay him for de-fleaing my dog 2 years ago'.

Twas a month before Christmas, and all through the team, not a creature was stirring, not even a sorry piece of **** dumb-ass coordinator named Haslett who messes up every player we get cause he can't do nuttin' but look like a statue on the sidelines watching his defense get tore to hell by rookie QBs and gettin' outcoached every game'.

Better back me up on dis ****.

Trying to channel my Homie the Clown  :P

We're the Raiders of the east coast.

Hapless, clueless, 'oh i know what to do, let's sign an over-rated FA, or hire one of my buds so I can repay him for de-fleaing my dog 2 years ago'.

Twas a month before Christmas, and all through the team, not a creature was stirring, not even a sorry piece of **** dumb-ass coordinator named Haslett who messes up every player we get cause he can't do nuttin' but look like a statue on the sidelines watching his defense get tore to hell by rookie QBs and gettin' outcoached every game'.

Better back me up on dis ****.

Trying to channel my Homie the Clown  :P

The Raiders may have the offensive rookie of the year (Carr) and defensive rookie of the year (Mack). 

They are in much better shape than we are, in fact I can't think of any other team worse off than the Redskins. 

With talk already about Snyder firing his 8th coach maybe it's time for him to seriously consider firing himself.

He's owned the team for less than 2 decades and he has already been through 8 coaches and fired 7 of them. The other was Gibbs who probably saw where the team was going just like he did in 1992.

This was posted by Hap in the tweets thread, but it belongs here. Just another check on Snyder's "wonderful management" list: 

Matt Terl retweeted

True story: Washington hired an economist to do analytics in 2006. He lasted two weeks before realizing how useless the org was and quit.

Matt Terl retweeted

Sorry - the economist, Jeff Dominitz, left after seven weeks, not two. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/25/sports/football/more-nfl-teams-hire-statisticians-but-their-use-remains-mostly-guarded.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0 …

Reading this really just made me livid today. 

Archived