Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Open Letter to Dan Snyder

TD_washingtonredskins

Dan Snyder should sell the team or at least divest himself of a controlling interest.  ...  you should consider having your lawyers draft this up for you and find a willing consortium of buyers.

A shame he's made enemies of Leonsis and the Lerners.  At this point, I doubt they would be willing co-own the team with Snyder.

The worst thing that Snyder does and still thinks is acceptable is to play fantasy owner. I'm sure it feels great to be buddies with the star player; I'm just not sure I understand how everyone in America can see why this is a huge problem yet he continues to create this issue.

It's unfortunate because there's no going back. RGIII will never be able to find success here because Snyder had to be his pal.

I wonder if he's always going to be so foolish. Will we draft a new star once RGIII moves on and Snyder buddies up to him too?

If I was a top pick in the draft I would run as far from Snyder as I could. He creates toxicity in his own organization through his behavior.

Little big man Daniel Snyder has always been about beating Dallas- He really doesn't care about "winning." He cares about himself and about making money - which he does regardless of the team's WL record.  The win earlier this season - fed his ego.  The entire organization takes on his personality.  Be "big" and make money- RGIII!  Robert has a a winner's heart-but the toxic environment that entitled him (and his father) has spoiled him and blinded him to self-awareness.  This will end ugly. I say Gruden will bench III against the wishes of LBM and his puppet Allen and 1. get fired at the end of the season, or 2.) quit.  RG's wife will leave him for Russell Wilson and he will be traded to another team-and be the star we hoped for.  And a new offseason of hope will begin. SNYDER take this circus and the name outta town. GODDELL give us an expansion team with a new name and owner!

Give it time. Most of their OL is from the last couple of drafts. Still very young. I would not be surprised one bit to see them win one this year though. Not necessarily directed at you, but I don't get why so many people are hesitant to give the Cows some props. I hate them, and always will. But I'm not afraid to give props where it's due. They recognized the need to upgrade the line, did so, and are reaping the benefits now.

Dallas isn't going to do squat.  It won't be long until romoSUCKS is retired.  Weeden showed what Dallas will look like post romoSUCKS.  The only team they beat that could be viewed as an impressive win was against Seattle, but Seattle looks very flawed this year.

Did I miss any?

Yes, what was the top level executive he picked out again?

Or what was the successful structure he put in place for the franchise to be competitive? 

Spending money and spending it wisely are two different things.  Get on board.

I don't think it is fair to blame Dan for specific hires and such.  Meaning drafting this player or signing that player in FA.  He gave that up years ago.

No, you blame Dan for the entire fail.  A fail that at this point does not seem it will get better in the near future.  Wouldn't it be sad if Dan never won as an owner.  For the next 20 to 30 plus years he fails until he passes and the team is sold.  Not saying that will happen, but let that sink in as a possibility.

Keep enabling- 15 more years of fail!  enjoy  SNYDER move this circus to LA-GODDELL bring in an expansion team! Time to move on

Dear Dan,

Please don an authentic Napolean outfit (if you're not wearing one already), then pay five little people (one of whom can be you) to mule kick you in the lower haunches repeatedly until you finally decide to sell the team. Then, allow them to continue to mule kick you for at least another 3 hours. 

After that, remove your Napolean suit, douse yourself in cat litter, don a sandwich board that says, "I am a clueless fancy lad" and make the walk from the metro stop to FedEx Field 50 times while being pelted with ice.

Yours in loathing,

Everyone

Eh... on second thought we shouldn't be TOO hard on them.

After all, if you count the preseason they are only 6-8.

Good point. How exciting would it be to not be tied to any of these players, coaches, or the front office and have a complete reboot? It's very sad when I'm volunteering for 2-3 win seasons and at least 5 years before we'd have a shot at any post-season. Oh wait, we're already there with massive dysfunction and a horrible culture. 

Good point. How exciting would it be to not be tied to any of these players, coaches, or the front office and have a complete reboot? It's very sad when I'm volunteering for 2-3 win seasons and at least 5 years before we'd have a shot at any post-season. Oh wait, we're already there with massive dysfunction and a horrible culture. 

I mean, I know you saw my tweet earlier during the game.

I would trade this current team for an expansion team in a second.

EDIT:  Maybe it was KDawg who tweeted something similar right after I did, not you lol :P

Every year when the losing starts, people start blaming Snyder?

The product we have on the field is outcome of the GM/President downwards to the coaches. Snyder didn't draft/hire the players in the team.

I'm frustrated and depressed on how things are looking, especially

1. Our o-line 

2. Secondary

3. QB

4. Coaching (secondary)

After 4-5 years, our o-line is still a mess. The defense is always down and then for a brief moment is above average and then down again. Haven't gotten a good FS and DL are ok. The most depressing of all is that RGIII seems like he is not what we envisioned him to be - all those picks we gave away for an average QB.

This year we have full picks in the draft, I'm hoping our draft team steps up and get us some real help at our areas of need.

My list was of poor excuses that people use to defend Dan. I loathe him.

Oh my bad.

I like the dude.  But I still think we're better for it if he buys a Barclay's Premier League team and sells the Redskins... or gives someone General Power of Attorney over the team, so to speak.

Every year when the losing starts, people start blaming Snyder?

The product we have on the field is outcome of the GM/President downwards to the coaches. Snyder didn't draft/hire the players in the team.

I'm frustrated and depressed on how things are looking, especially

1. Our o-line 

2. Secondary

3. QB

4. Coaching (secondary)

After 4-5 years, our o-line is still a mess. The defense is always down and then for a brief moment is above average and then down again. Haven't gotten a good FS and DL are ok. The most depressing of all is that RGIII seems like he is not what we envisioned him to be - all those picks we gave away for an average QB.

This year we have full picks in the draft, I'm hoping our draft team steps up and get us some real help at our areas of need.

Yes, but who has consistently put out an unorthodox front office structure?

Only friends or legacies get into the circle.  Eric Decostas aren't lining up for this job.

I saw it! I'm 1,000% on board. How do we do it...can we auction this team off to a sucker city? 

I heard LA is buying! :lol:

Oh my bad.

I like the dude.  But I still think we're better for it if he buys a Barclay's Premier League team and sells the Redskins... or gives someone General Power of Attorney over the team, so to speak.

The Glaziers need to make a deal with him.

I couldn't think of a nicer set of ****bags that deserve what we've been through the last 15 years or however long it's been now.

Although they are doing a darn fine job of tearing down their own empire without lil' Danny's help to be fair. :)

Hail.

My list was of poor excuses that people use to defend Dan. I loathe him.

Whoo glad you cleared that up bruv. All the excuses defending Snyder are just pathetic and frustrating.

At the end of the day he's been the guy in charge picking the players or picking the people who pick the people.

The one thing all the his "football" people have in common, they sycophants who wont tell him the what what. They want a paycheck so they'll never tell him the truth; he doesn't know what he's doing and should butt out.

Oh my bad.

Yes, but who has consistently put out an unorthodox front office structure?

Only friends or legacies get into the circle.  Eric Decostas aren't lining up for this job.

I heard LA is buying! :lol:

I met this guy at a Ravens event and got to ask him a question about how the Ravens can get so many draft picks and Free Agents right but the Redskins can't.... All he did was laugh.... Then went on about how the Ravens would have never signed Haynesworth to a $100 billion contract. 

The front office here sucks and has sucked for a long damn time. They thought it would be ok to trot an ESPN analyst on the field as our starting safety. And I see Phillip Thomas has been activated. He needs to start. If he looks like he can be ok then keep him, if not cut him. I'm tired of the bull crap. 

The Glaziers need to make a deal with him.

I couldn't think of a nicer set of ****bags that deserve what we've been through the last 15 years or however long it's been now.

Although they are doing a darn fine job of tearing down their own empire without lil' Danny's help to be fair. :)

Hail.

I suggested Villa in this post (#107):

http://es.redskins.com/topic/383459-a-fundamental-problem-we-dont-understand-what-kind-of-bad-owner-snyder-is/page-3

I think you'll appreciate the commitment level. :lol:

Remember 2012? Remember the 7 game run for the division crown? Remember when RGIII was the talk of the world? While this was happening Snyder practically adopted Griffin as a son.

We've seen this **** before with Jeff George, Arrington, and Portis - Snyder gets too close to some of the star players and the resulting perks undermine the coaches’ authority and fuel locker room resentment.

"Friends, sometimes you have to buy them."

- Dan Snyder

Sometimes having a diehard fan for an owner is a bad thing.

This is one of those times.

Oh I am starting to think that what we believed at one point to be his greatest attribute is in reality his greatest downfall. He is a fan so he administers his team like the average a fan would, and the fact is he is no more qualified than any of us to own an NFL team. He had the cash so he was allowed to buy the Redskins, but based on how he made his money he has never had to run an "organization" in a traditional sense. Results are obtained by putting the best people you can hire in the best places....and letting them do their jobs.

I met this guy at a Ravens event and got to ask him a question about how the Ravens can get so many draft picks and Free Agents right but the Redskins can't.... All he did was laugh.... Then went on about how the Ravens would have never signed Haynesworth to a $100 billion contract. 

The front office here sucks and has sucked for a long damn time. They thought it would be ok to trot an ESPN analyst on the field as our starting safety. And I see Phillip Thomas has been activated. He needs to start. If he looks like he can be ok then keep him, if not cut him. I'm tired of the bull crap. 

One of the many problems w/ the FO.

But with the playoffs officially gone... we need to see EVERYONE that hasn't played that's considered depth.  We need to see if any of these folks are in the long term plans or not.

Dear Napoleon,

I know that you are short but that doesn't mean that you're not a good owner.  It just so happens that you aren't a good owner but it's not because you're small.  Fantasy football is fun but you're in charge of real football.  Fast food is fast food but old beer is trash.  There are trees in my back yard but I don't want to cut them down.  They provide shade and oxygen.  Sometimes I wonder if your brain gets enough shade.  You should bring back the Zorn-shades.  Thank you for the slip n' slide drill.  It took three first rounders (it's really only three first rounders) and a second round pick, but the slip n' slide is finally working for Jason.  I know I'm a bit all over the place with this letter but are they going to sell tickets for less on Stub Hub now?  I feel like things are going in the right direction despite your failures.  I often take left turns but I know you don't like them.  Thank you for fighting for our name.  Racism is a dying art and against the grain takes balls.  For a little guy, you've got bolders for stones.  Did you see that play?  That was definitely pass interference.  When you drafted Mark Brunell, could he read defenses at first too?  Not to be bossy, but you should fire Jim Haslett.  Also, didn't Jake seem a little drunk in the Bud Light commercials?  Also, his name is Jake and it's a pirate theme.  Isn't that copyright infringement?  I know you are an expert at this and not so much on the football stuff.  Anyway, sorry for the long letter and lack of paragraphs.  Have you ever wanted to touch a Washington football team cheerleader between her neckline and above her abdomine?  Man I wouldn't be able to restrain myself.  I'm getting killed in fantasy this week.  Any advice from an expert?

Thanks,

Richard Gozinia

I hate that I have this feeling like what's the point anymore, that the organization will continue to make excuses for itself no matter what. Dan will keep Allen at GM, though he has NEVER been great at roster-building. We'll continue to have 800 executive assistant secretary officers in the FO where who knows who does what. They'll probably retain Haslett, too. Because hey, why not, Dan and the marketing team can find a way to get the fanbase to believe. He managed it last offseason... it was pretty impressive, actually.

Meanwhile, any scout or personnel-expert worth his salt will go to another organization to succeed and actually be allowed to fulfill his role properly.

I've never been so hopeless as a fan, it's awful. I don't buy the whole "Snyder is a fan and wants to win" crap anymore, either. It's all marketing. The whole thing with Shanahan last year was what happens when the guy you're going to market against has as much media pull as you, so he preemptively went to war with Snyder through his media pals. Retaining Haslett and handing Allen the GM title were moves based on rewarding the best marketers in the organization.

Archived