Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Open Letter to Dan Snyder

TD_washingtonredskins

There really is no excuse why a top-5 valued NFL franchise doesn't have state-of-the-art everything in terms of a front office, infrastructure, etc. Start with THAT foundation, then move to the top (GM), and work your way down (personnel department, scouts, etc.) to build this team properly. 

Didn't see that earlier... great post and great point.

Kind of makes you feel naked.

How much evidence do you need that nothing had changed? As soon as the new shiny object (DeSean Jackson) became available, the Redskins had to have it. Never mind they had just signed their supposive #2 WR and nevermind the OL is a disaster. Nothing has really changed.

Thats exactly what went through my mind when Snyder signed Fat Albert and D-Hall with the same, exact holes on the team. The line has been neglected for so long I can't recall when it wasn't a weakness?

Didn't see that earlier... great post and great point.

Kind of makes you feel naked.

I don't know why it took so long, but I finally spent time thinking about the state of the franchise and could not come up with a defensible reason why we don't outspend other teams where we can. In the 1980s we could essentially pay our backups starter money...in this era we could have a top flight everything else to foster a winning culture.

I don't know why it took so long, but I finally spent time thinking about the state of the franchise and could come up with a defensible reason why we don't outspend other teams where we can. In the 1980s we could essentially pay our backups starter money...in this era we could have a top flight everything else to foster a winning culture.

Danny got more bang for his buck with the Richmond training center, he had to pay for the replacement of the lite bright video system, he set the high bar for coaches and ass coaches salaries, unlike with teams like the Ravens, he pays all facilities costs nothing comes from the state.

When are we not rebuilding? Serious question. But honestly, if any if us posters here on ES owned the team, would we sell it despite all the crap the team has been through? I wouldn't, so why would we expect Dan to?

We have never rebuilt.  We patch.

Rebuild, patch, whatever. We're always doing something that's the equivalent of starting over.

No starting over means drafting and building a new team.  Bringing in a new coach and trading for McRibb isn't starting over, it's thinking you can contend for a title and bringing in free agents to contend.  We never rebuild, which is our problem.

Signing Hatcher and Orakpo and DJax DHall was an example.  We have so many needs, those moves were made by a GM thinking we could contend.

this team will never blow up the house of cards and truly start over. they just cover over the flaws with other positions and players. the state of hopelessness is pretty bad these days. I hope nobody goes to the the games, or enough skip it to really put a dent in profits.

couple our suckitude with how crooked and shady the nfl is along with all their stupid rule changes is really sapping my enthusiasm for nfl football in general.. it sucks.

this team will never blow up the house of cards and truly start over. they just cover over the flaws with other positions and players. the state of hopelessness is pretty bad these days. I hope nobody goes to the the games, or enough skip it to really put a dent in profits.

couple our suckitude with how crooked and shady the nfl is along with all their stupid rule changes is really sapping my enthusiasm for nfl football in general.. it sucks.

I have noticed a decline in my interest too, both following the Redskins and the NFL in general this year. I haven't watched too much football outside of Redskin games yet. I tried to watch some last night and it was a game that was right up my alley...I turned it on with the home underdog leading by 7. Within a few minutes of watching, I saw them take a 14 point lead. In years past, I'm hooked for the rest of the game. Last night, I checked back in on the game occasionally, but really didn't care much about it. I kept looking through the guide hoping to find a scary movie to watch. 

As for what our team WILL do, I sadly agree with you. But the purpose of this thread was to try to articulate what I would plead with Snyder to do if I ever had his ear. I think it's the one path forward that would get me excited and engaged. Full disclosure, if the current approach is actually working and our team bubbles up with coherent plan with dynamic players...I'm sure I'll be engaged again. I just don't believe the current (lack of a) plan will ever really result in more than the periodic hot December to roll into a wild card or 10-win division championship. 

Since this is an Open letter to Dan:

Mr Snyder,

Please do not listen to internet message boards for advice on how to run your team.  Although I do generally agree that we do need to make improvements to our team, I would rather you NOT take advice on how to do so from an internet message board.

Thanks,

Airborneskins (redskins season ticket holder for a VERY LONG TIME).

Mr Snyder,

Please do not listen to internet message boards for advice on how to run your team.  Although I do generally agree that we do need to make improvements to our team, I would rather you NOT take advice on how to do so from an internet message board.

Thanks,

At this point, Dear Mr. Snyder, I would have to disagree with the above open letter and write an open letter of my own pleading with you to take advice from internet message boards. Clearly the results could be no worse. We are 1-14 now, and guess what? We are currently 1-15 against the NFC. Stack that up against the record you hold since you bought the team in 1999, and it's an amazing testament to the fans you continue to disrespect that they still turn up each week, each year.

Please also sell the team. Today. If you do, I promise to go to Six Flags for every summer vacation henceforth.

P.S. You are awful.

Thank you.

Snyder thought he could live the rest of his life on loyalty. He is beginning to learn that he was sadly mistaken. Hopefully it shows in his profits.

Snyder only sees profits. He's not going to change a damn thing until his wallet is hit. That being said I refuse to spend any money on this franchise. "Like it really matters" but I work hard for my money and I'm sure as hell not going to spend it on this joke of a franchise until we make some serious changes like OP mentioned. So I wouldn't mind a boycott of sorts. We all need to refuse to spend our money on this franchise. I'm talking empty stadium, **** sales for in stadium merchandise. Us fans need a revolt, start a revolution, something.

So, what position does Snyder play on the field?

We need a better scouting organization and better draft selection.  We need to upgrade the OL asap and not wait for draft picks to be coached up in 2-3 years.  We need a young, dynamic DC to go with the rest of the youth movement.  Jeepers, even the announcers of Sunday's game remarked that our Defensive players are playing 10 yards off their opposition.  Time to change this.

But Snyder is no longer the problem.  It's the FO, scouting department, the coaching staff, and the players that have to step up.  I just don't think that our depth is any kind of depth at all.

And a word about DeSean Jackson's coming to DC.  Hell yes you sign him if you can.  And too bad for Roberts, he's getting his paycheck and he is making contributions. 

15 years of ****. At some point the guy at the very top is to blame. 

Snyder only sees profits. He's not going to change a damn thing until his wallet is hit. That being said I refuse to spend any money on this franchise. "Like it really matters" but I work hard for my money and I'm sure as hell not going to spend it on this joke of a franchise until we make some serious changes like OP mentioned. So I wouldn't mind a boycott of sorts. We all need to refuse to spend our money on this franchise. I'm talking empty stadium, **** sales for in stadium merchandise. Us fans need a revolt, start a revolution, something.

15 years of ****. At some point the guy at the very top is to blame. 

Being born in 86 as well, i feel exactly the same way. I havent bought anything since the week 3 of last season and I absolutely flat out refuse to until this team shows some change in direction. The sad part is, I want to support guys like Griffin, Morris, and even Gruden, but there has been such a **** smear on this team for so long that it is nearly impossible.

At this point, Dear Mr. Snyder, I would have to disagree with the above open letter and write an open letter of my own pleading with you to take advice from internet message boards. Clearly the results could be no worse. We are 1-14 now, and guess what? We are currently 1-15 against the NFC. Stack that up against the record you hold since you bought the team in 1999, and it's an amazing testament to the fans you continue to disrespect that they still turn up each week, each year.

Please also sell the team. Today. If you do, I promise to go to Six Flags for every summer vacation henceforth.

P.S. You are awful.

Thank you.

But I do believe that he lost his portion of 6 flags.  So the 6 flags promise wouldnt mean anything to him.  Just curious, who would you want him to sell the team to?  And based on the way that this fan base treats the current owner, why wouldnt they want a fresh start and move the team?

Mr Snyder,

Thanks,

Good one. Clearly the organization has it under control. What they are doing is certainly working. 

I will obviously concede that I don't know the detailed plan that needs to be executed. But, to me, given the accumulation of bad decisions, coaching changes, and dysfunction...the best approach would be treat this team like an expansion team: assemble the front office and personnel department that you like, pick or retain the staff, protect a few core players, and then rebuild the team completely around that core. 

And based on the way that this fan base treats the current owner, why wouldnt they want a fresh start and move the team?

:lol: :lol:

I'm gonna go with "we are the number 4 market" in the country in terms of size and we are also a top 3 franchise in revenue... with the record we have.

GTFOH... :rolleyes:

But I do believe that he lost his portion of 6 flags.  So the 6 flags promise wouldnt mean anything to him.  Just curious, who would you want him to sell the team to?  And based on the way that this fan base treats the current owner, why wouldnt they want a fresh start and move the team?

Point taken on the Six Flags.

As for the other stuff... Really? "The way this fan base treats the current owner." REALLY??

I would want him to sell the team to anyone. ANYONE who can afford it. My preference would be the re-animated, zombiefied corpse of Jack Kent Cooke. He/that would do an infinitely better job and garner far more respect.

How much evidence do you need that nothing had changed? As soon as the new shiny object (DeSean Jackson) became available, the Redskins had to have it. Never mind they had just signed their supposive #2 WR and nevermind the OL is a disaster. Nothing has really changed.

Signing DeSean when he suddenly became available wasn't a bad call BUT had the Skins obtained badly needed O line and secondary talent earlier in FA they wouldn't have had the $$$$ for DeSean. Ironic.

THIS IS WHAT DRIVES ME CRAZY...*I* thought we've been REBUILDING for 4 years!!!! We HAD Drafts...ya we had 1 year with CAP Issues..BUT WHERE IS THE FOUNDATION that 4 Years should have built??? RAK, ANY OL besides Williams???? I don't see it.

Are we REALLY THAT BEREFT of talent that we are starting over? How did the "boys build their OL..they had cap issues too.

THEN WE HAVE MURPHY when we needed a Right Tackle or Guard....

God....WTF???

Rd 1 – Trent Williams, OT - Pro Bowl

Rd 4 – Perry Riley, LB

Rd 6 – Dennis Morris, TE

Rd 7 – Terrence Austin, WR

Rd 7 – Erik Cook, G

Rd 7 - Selvish Capers, OT

Rd 1 – Ryan Kerrigan, DE - Pro Bowl

Rd 2 – Jarvis Jenkins, DT

Rd 3 – Leonard Hankerson, WR

Rd 4 – Roy Helu, RB

Rd 5 – DeJon  Gomes, S

Rd 5 – Niles Paul, WR

Rd 6 – Evan Royster, RB

Rd 6 – Aldrick Robinson, WR

Rd 7 – Brandyn Thomson, CB

Rd 7 – Marcus Hurt, OT

Rd 7 – Markus White, DE

Rd 7 – Chris Neild, DT

Rd 1 – Robert Griffin, QB - Pro Bowl

Rd 3 – Josh LeRibeus, OG

Rd 4 – Kirk Cousins, QB

Rd 4 – Keenan Robinson, LB

Rd 5 – Adam Gettis, OG

Rd 6 – Alfred Morris, RB - Pro Bowl

Rd 6 – Tom Compton, OT

Rd 7 – Richard Crawford, CB

Rd 7 – Jordan Bernsine, S

Rd 2 – David Amerson, CB

Rd 3 – Jordan Reed, TE

Rd 4 – Phillip Thomas, S

Rd 5 – Chris Thompson, RB

Rd 5 – Brandon Jenkins, LB

Rd 6 – Bacarri Rambo, S

Rd 7 – Jawan Jamison, RB

Rd 2 – Trent Murphy, LB

Rd 3 – Morgan Moses, OT

Rd 3 – Spencer Long, G

Rd 4 – Bashaud Breeland, CB

Rd 5 – Ryan Grant, WR

Rd 6 – Lache Seastrunk, RB

Rd 7 – Ted Bolser, TE

Rd 7 -  Zach Hocker, K

5 drafts ... 19 current players (underlined), 10 starters (bold), 4 Pro Bowl players, 3 - 4 likely rostered players injured (italics)

the First Place 'Boys DRAFTED their O-Line ... with first and second day picks. 

Since Shanahan/Allen started rebuilding we have drafted 1 starting O-Lineman (Williams), and arguably improved the "depth" if that matters.

LT - Williams - DRAFTED, 1st rd pick, $7.25M - Pro Bowl 2013, 2014

LG -Lauvao - FA, former 3rd rd pick (Cleveland), $2M

C - Lichtensteiger - FA, former 4th rd pick (Denver), $2.5M

RG - Chester, FA, former 2nd rd (Balitmore), $3M

RT - Polumbus, FA, former UDFA (Denver), $1.5M

Archived