Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thoughts on Cousins and the next few weeks

This is a dude who is primed and ready to be a starting QB. He's earned his time on the bench. He needs to start on our team next year. PERIOD! Trust me. This is a guy he will completely regret when he's a competent starter on another team.

There's plenty of teams looking for QBs who are turnover prone and have 1 win as a starter?

I don't get the "bye-bye" Kirk remarks.   If we bring back the same QBs, there should be a competition.  I think it'll be a horrible decision if the team just names Robert the starter without a competition. 

I was really pulling for Robert the last few games, but it's clear to me that the QB with the most upside on our roster is Kirk Cousins. 

This is a dude who is primed and ready to be a starting QB. He's earned his time on the bench. He needs to start on our team next year. PERIOD! Trust me. This is a guy he will completely regret when he's a competent starter on another team.

Then why has the QB guru (Gruden) been sitting him for the last 8 weeks.  Dudes been in a t-shirt and shorts but hes the future?? 

we started this season with 2 potential qbs, now we basically have none because we know gruden and griffin can't coexist either.  So basically its Colt vs free agent QB (Sanchez, Locker) or 2nd rnd QB( Hundley, Cook). FML man, fml

I don't get the "bye-bye" Kirk remarks.   If we bring back the same QBs, there should be a competition.  I think it'll be a horrible decision if the team just names Robert the starter without a competition. 

I was really pulling for Robert the last few games, but it's clear to me that the QB with the most upside on our roster is Kirk Cousins. 

Dude, there is no "upside" for any QB on our roster period.  We'd be better off drafting Jameis Winston and I think he's a freaking knuckleheaded moron.  I really have no clue where we go from here, but upside doesn't exist for us right now.

And thats where I'm at too. If Kirk doesn't win the job with an open competition in the offseason, then so be it. Bye Bye Kirk. But he should absolutely have all the chance in the world to compete for that job and to have him struggle or succeed through out the season and not have a coach ready to pull him at any minute which was the whole situation this year. 

Dude, there is no "upside" for any QB on our roster period.  We'd be better off drafting Jameis Winston and I think he's a freaking knuckleheaded moron.  I really have no clue where we go from here, but upside doesn't exist for us right now.

It can be very true that our future QB isn't on the roster, but from what we have now, I think Kirk has the best shot at it.

I don't think Kirk has played enough to make a final verdict on his future.

I would too!

Griffin has not earned the right to go to camp as the #1 QB next year and if Gruden has an ounce of common sense, he'll have an open competition for the starting spot.  The only time this year that Gruden's offense looked like it had any octane at all was when Kirk was under center.  I would love to see him come back and compete for the job.

Can you blame him? Why wouldn't he want to be traded if RG3 is named the starter (again, without earning it). Hell, I would imagine DJAX, GARCON, REED, etc would ask to be traded if RG3 is already named the starter, on top of that, maybe Gruden himself would ask to be traded if it were announced.

If you open up a true, honest, non-biased QB competition, KC EASILY beats out RG3, not even close. I would take the INTs to go along with it. The team averages 24 points per game (with ints) with KC and 17 points per game with RG3 (who has turned the ball over almost as much when you add in fumbles).

I thought scoring points was the goal of any offense, if I throw 3 TDs in a game and 3 ints, that is still 21 points. If I throw for 1 TD and run for 1 TD and throw for 2 Ints that is only 14 points. Which would you rather have?

I think the ONLY people wanting RG3 to automatically be named the starter are Dan Snyder and all of his relatives here on ES.

You want a guy here who has asked to be traded now the last 2 offseasons? He doesn't want to be here. Let him go.

You want a guy here who has asked to be traded now the last 2 offseasons? He doesn't want to be here. Let him go.

It's not that he doesn't want to be here.  He just doesn't want to be here if Robert is given the starting job without a competition.  I don't blame him.

i just love how all year Kirk was being humble about this being "Robert's team" and now that the season is over it's almost like he's saying he knows he's better lol

Well, because he knows he is better than RG3. I would be more concerned if he came out and said "whatever, I don't mind being a backup". He deserves the opportunity.

My guess is this is really Colt McCoy's job to lose.  I would be surprised if they don't resign him.  Jay seems to be a big fan of him.  That being said, if it is a truly open competition, it comes down to Colt McCoy and KC, I don't think RG3 wins ANY competition between either of them. 

My guess is this is really Colt McCoy's job to lose.  I would be surprised if they don't resign him.  Jay seems to be a big fan of him.  That being said, if it is a truly open competition, it comes down to Colt McCoy and KC, I don't think RG3 wins ANY competition between either of them. 

Nothing against Colt, but if Colt is our starting QB, that will almost be as bad as Haslett coming back.  Colt is a back up. 

If RG3 is named the starter going into camp, it's just more evidence that Snyder is still pulling the levers. We have no indication that Gruden is interested in doing that.

or it's that they are following the history that teams have with players like Stafford, Bradford, or even guys like Aikman and Elway.  Most picks suffer a long time with a number 2 pick and are very resistant to cutting ties whether they are Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith, or one of the ones who work out.

This thread is completely laughable...it should be renamed the cult of cousins....

Even when someone shows the slightest bit of open mindedness by saying there should be an open competition...they immediately say but if cousins doesn't win the competition then it was fixed....lol

This thread is Gus Ferrotte head hitting the wall funny

If RG3 is named the starter going into camp, it's just more evidence that Snyder is still pulling the levers. We have no indication that Gruden is interested in doing that.

No. Snyder has stepped back more then most of you want to give him credit for. If he hadn't, Colt would never started in Dallas, RG3 would have.

As far as Cousins, Gruden is looking to trade him. Once before, we had a QB in McNugget that no one thought had any trade value yet got a draft pick out of him. So, maybe we can hoodwick someone for INT machine that is Cousins. 

Archived