Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thoughts on Cousins and the next few weeks

Nothing against Colt, but if Colt is our starting QB, that will almost be as bad as Haslett coming back.  Colt is a back up. 

Maybe so, however, I would take Colt over RG, I think KC and Colt would be close but I do believe Jay likes Colt.  I am hoping RG3 is the odd man out at this point.  He does not fit in Jay's offense and has not proven himself to be a competent NFL QB.

What Cousins is asking for is fair..have an open competition or trade. Cousins has had relative success but projects to be a career backup. 

Same stuff, different year - Now that he has been exposed to be a high interception machine, what can we realistically get for him....maybe a 4th or worse.

He should have been traded 2 yrs ago but this FO is always late to their own funeral.

No. Snyder has stepped back more then most of you want to give him credit for. If he hadn't, Colt would never started in Dallas, RG3 would have.

As far as Cousins, Gruden is looking to trade him. Once before, we had a QB in McNugget that no one thought had any trade value yet got a draft pick out of him. So, maybe we can hoodwick someone for INT machine that is Cousins. 

So you honestly believe he wants to trade Cousins?  Then what, resign Colt and let him compete for starting QB against RG3?  I don't believe that is the case as Colt and KC are much better suted for this offense.  RG3 is a 2-3 year project.

No. Snyder has stepped back more then most of you want to give him credit for. If he hadn't, Colt would never started in Dallas, RG3 would have.

As far as Cousins, Gruden is looking to trade him. Once before, we had a QB in McNugget that no one thought had any trade value yet got a draft pick out of him. So, maybe we can hoodwick someone for INT machine that is Cousins.

Cousins has also been a TD machine this year. People need to really keep that in mind.

Career wise he's 18 TDs 19 INTs.

Honestly , he hasn't really had a true career as a starter. Backups don't get the same practice starters do. Now if Cousins is an int machine next year, I will change my mind, but right now he has the most potential based on how productive the offense was under him.

Cousins has also been a TD machine this year. People need to really keep that in mind.

Cousins was the only QB on our roster this year who had a game where he had more passing TDs than interceptions and fumbles.  He did it in 3 of his 5 games.  Mccoy and Griffin were never able to accomplish that, despite Cousins' reputation as a turnover machine and Griffin's reputation for being conservative with the football.

Honestly , he hasn't really had a true career as a starter. Backups don't get the same practice starters do. Now if Cousins is an int machine next year, I will change my mind, but right now he has the most potential based on how productive the offense was under him.

So practice is going to stop him from throwing to the other team after three years in the NFL? It's hilarious that all of the same guys trashing Robert in the RGIII thread are in here singing Kirks praises. If he was good he wouldn't have been made inactive by a coach who for all intent and purposes liked him more than the guy he chose to start over him.

Career INTs:

Griffin - 23 and a 2.2% career INT percentage.

Cousins - 19 and a 4.4% career INT percentage.

How about look at the stats post-RG3 injury?  It's obvious to anyone who isn't biased that the 2012 RG3 isn't coming back.  The 2012 scheme on offense isn't coming back.  NFL defenses are now better prepared for elements from the 2012 offense. 

Kirk clearly has better pocket presence than Robert and it isn't even close.

Cousins was the only QB on our roster this year who had a game where he had more passing TDs than interceptions and fumbles.  He did it in 3 of his 5 games.  Mccoy and Griffin were never able to accomplish that, despite Cousins' reputation as a turnover machine and Griffin's reputation for being conservative with the football.

If Gruden is looking to ship him out, he is an absolute idiot. I hope TK got wrong info there.

How about look at the stats post-RG3 injury?  It's obvious to anyone who isn't biased that the 2012 RG3 isn't coming back.  The 2012 scheme on offense isn't coming back. 

Ok so let's look at 2013 and 2014 then:

2013:

Griffin - 12 INTs and 2.6% INT percentage

Cousins - 7 INTs and a 4.5% INT percentage

2014:

Griffin - 6 INTs and a 2.8% INT percentage

Cousins - 9 INTs and a 4.4% INT percentage

So practice is going to stop him from throwing to the other team after three years in the NFL? It's hilarious that all of the same guys trashing Robert in the RGIII thread are in here singing Kirks praises. If he was good he wouldn't have been made inactive by a coach who for all intent and purposes liked him more than the guy he chose to start over him.

Yes practice would make Cousins a better player. RG3 did not show much improvement from last year even though he was the starter no question. If Cousins does not improve next year assuming a QB comp, I will change my mind.

Have zero issues with what KC reportedly said. There damn sure should be a competition for the job in '15.

IF he could stop throwing picks, I could be decent. Of course Im  sure Bears fans said the same about Cutler and Rex

Ok so let's look at 2013 and 2014 then:

2013:

Griffin - 12 INTs and 2.6% INT percentage

Cousins - 7 INTs and a 4.5% INT percentage

2014:

Griffin - 6 INTs and a 2.8% INT percentage

Cousins - 9 INTs and a 4.4% INT percentage

Can we be honest for a second?

When you factor in fumbles, they both turn the ball over more than you want. 

This is semantics 

I don't think anyone today has been singing his praises.  Kirk deserves an opportunity to start, he deserves an opportunity to compete, no one is asking for him to be named the starter like all the little Dan Snyder relatives are wanting for RG3.  He was inactive because after the Dallas game, they started RG3 and Colt (who just started) was his backup, the same reason Colt McCoy was not dressed the first 2 games.  Jay only activated 2 QBs (which most teams do), had nothing to do with anything other than activating 2 QBs and not activating the 3rd QB.

The only thing RG3 has proven is has not earned the right to be named anything other than a QB competing for a starting position.

I'm not knocking Cousins for wanting a competition because there should be. But for him to say, "If RG3 is the starter going into next year, I want to be traded" is pretty ballsy for a guy that has shown nothing in this league.

We need players on this team who WANT to be here. Cousins was asking for a trade last season and here we are not even a full 24 hours after the season ended and he's doing it again.

Go work your ass off and win the compeition than Kirk. Don't sit here and **** and moan as soon as the season is over.

Yes practice would make Cousins a better player. RG3 did not show much improvement from last year even though he was the starter no question. If Cousins does not improve next year assuming a QB comp, I will change my mind.

You do realize the season before he took every starters rep in training camp and preseason? Id rather move on from both he and RGIII than ever see him start here again. He's awful.

I don't think anyone today has been singing his praises. Kirk deserves an opportunity to start, he deserves an opportunity to compete, no one is asking for him to be named the starter like all the little Dan Snyder relatives are wanting for RG3. He was inactive because after the Dallas game, they started RG3 and Colt (who just started) was his backup, the same reason Colt McCoy was not dressed the first 2 games. Jay only activated 2 QBs (which most teams do), had nothing to do with anything other than activating 2 QBs and not activating the 3rd QB.

The only thing RG3 has proven is has not earned the right to be named anything other than a QB competing for a starting position.

All the little Dan Snyders huh?

Archived