Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Eagles are clearly the best team in the NFC East, Foles is clearly the best QB in the NFC East, Chip Kelly is GOD. Eagles 2014 thread.

Westbrook36

Definitely misses him during the regular season, but DJ's production always seemed to drop off in postseason and I wonder if that will be true this year (assuming they make the postseason).

FWIW, the cut decision was mostly financial IMO anyway.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2014/3/29/5560770/desean-jacksons-release-saves-eagles-cap-space

Prior to Jackson's release, the Eagles had somewhere around $16 or $17 million in cap space, depending on the source. OverTheCap had the Eagles at $16,253,669, which was the 8th highest amount in the NFL at the time.

Ya doesn't look like it.

Chip Kelly everyone! Chip mother ****ung Kelly

Maybe chip Kelly is just a guy who needs good players just like every other coach in the league

Naaaah. He is a genius. Keep cutting your best players in the offseason. I love it

Cry Eagles Cry

Damn...that sucked.  Have to put the blame squarely on Chip, as he didn't have them ready to play.  I'm trying to make myself feel better by saying, "better now than in the playoffs", b/c they are not a playoff team.  Really thought Sanchez might have improved enough after the Thanksgiving game to get them the NFCE, but he did what he does too often:  Painful turnover.

Ugly loss all around, but credit to the skins for showing up and playing motivated football.  Their Dline really put a lot of pressure on the Eagles Oline early and overall a good defensive scheme IMO by Haslett.  And I thought their offensive play calling was pretty good all around.  It was an entertaining game, even though the finality of it sucked (for me :) ) .  What sucks more is the slurping of the Cowboys in the playoffs now.

I always was on the fence about Andy getting fired, and one reason was Andy ALWAYS had the Eagles playing their best football in December.  If he had a team @ 9-3, they would finish at 11-5 at the worst, if not higher.  Chip Kelly & Co. could not coach around the weaknesses of their team (Sanchez, CBs).

Merry Christmas everyone....time to figure out who the Eagles are going to get with that (guessing) 19th pick...yay.  :)

Chip Kelly everyone! Chip mother ****ung Kelly

Maybe chip Kelly is just a guy who needs good players just like every other coach in the league

Naaaah. He is a genius. Keep cutting your best players in the offseason. I love it

Cry Eagles Cry

Jackson would not have helped the Eagles these last 3 games.  A good CB might have, or even Foles collarbone healing up quicker.  But not Jackson.   

Chips offense works. The problem is his "genius" doesnt translate to Defense and its hard to win when your K misses two FGs and your QB has two turnovers.

Every offense in the league works with good players

Looked a little different with Sanchez though. LOLz

Every offense in the league works with good players

Looked a little different with Sanchez though. LOLz

What marquee talent do the Eagles really have on offense though? McCoy and Sproles, that's about it. Maclin is good but not a stud. Their OL is very good as well.

Even with Sanchez(who threw for over 300 yards)their offense had over 400 yards and should have had 30 points had it not been for miscues.

But Chip doesn't really have a feel right now for coaching up defense. Really he's just another guy when it comes to that side of the ball. What I really fear is he brings in someone like Rex Ryan to coach up the D.

What marquee talent do the Eagles really have on offense though? McCoy and Sproles, that's about it. Maclin is good but not a stud. Their OL is very good as well.

Even with Sanchez(who threw for over 300 yards)their offense had over 400 yards and should have had 30 points had it not been for miscues.

But Chip doesn't really have a feel right now for coaching up defense. Really he's just another guy when it comes to that side of the ball. What I really fear is he brings in someone like Rex Ryan to coach up the D.

Skins could've had much more than 27 had it not been for miscues as well. I understand that your post was about Philly's O and you weren't saying "the eagles should've won" or anything: I just wanted to take the opportunity to point out that our O left points on the field too, and indeed we made very similar mistakes against Philly in the first meeting as well, which ultimately cost us the game.

On the heels of the wildly successful "Chip Kelly. Any Questions?" thread from last year, I bestow upon you a thread where all of you can revel in your adulation in all things Philadelphia Eagles while acting like scorned lovers. 

What do we know?

1.  the Eagles are clearly the best team in the NFC East.

2.  Nicky Footlong Foles is clearly the best QB in the NFC East.

3.  Chip Kelly is a man amongst boys.  "Score ****ing points."

"Things that nobody will be saying 4 months from now" for $100, Alex...

Just to quote myself lol B)

Archived