Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Eagles are clearly the best team in the NFC East, Foles is clearly the best QB in the NFC East, Chip Kelly is GOD. Eagles 2014 thread.

Westbrook36

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Thanks for cheering me up, Philly.

hahaha, I agree completely.  Such a terrible day, and then I watched that awesome game.

That was quite a display the Eagles put on. Good thing they wore those wetsuits; kept them from ruining their uniforms when they soiled themselves out there.

The last two weeks for you guys has been an incredible display of "as good as it gets" football.  I watched both games and though they played an even better game against the Bears last week, this game was incredible as it was a 2 loss team that you guys dominated.

The last two weeks for you guys has been an incredible display of "as good as it gets" football.  I watched both games and though they played an even better game against the Bears last week, this game was incredible as it was a 2 loss team that you guys dominated.

Yeah, the offense really has it together. Dare I say that I'm a little disappointed that we put up giant leads so quickly because I wanted to see how the experiment of playing Matthews at ILB affected our run D? I mean, our D's played well the last two weeks, but is that a product with playing with a huge lead making the opponent one-dimensional?

That was a butt whipping.  But it should be surprising.  MNF, followed by traveling to a team who's strength goes against the Eagles weakness (passing).  Got out of hand quickly, but if you ask most Eagles fans if they expected that to be a win, they would say "No", or else they would be lying.  Would have liked to see it be more competitive, but hopefully that was the game to crap the bed.  Next two games are critical.  Win them and they are in good shape. 

Arizona is the shocker...didn't think they were that scary TBH, but they seem to find a way to get it done each week. 

Yep. I'm not judging this team based on that game - because I knew it was going to be a loss , Eagles with Sanchez coming into Lambeau on a cold night vs one of the best teams in NFL vs what I think is the best QB in NFC by far - that's going to be a loss for 95% of the teams- even Broncos. Look - the Eagles are young, improving and just not at that level yet. If the game was played at Linc it still would have been a 14 pt win last night by GB. They are playing lights out and Rodgers is having a HOF clinching year. I will only judge this team based on the next 3 weeks. - beat Brokebacks on Turkeyday and all is back to norm. You guys know you will be rooting for us

That was a butt whipping.  But it should be surprising.  MNF, followed by traveling to a team who's strength goes against the Eagles weakness (passing).  Got out of hand quickly, but if you ask most Eagles fans if they expected that to be a win, they would say "No", or else they would be lying.  Would have liked to see it be more competitive, but hopefully that was the game to crap the bed.  Next two games are critical.  Win them and they are in good shape. 

Arizona is the shocker...didn't think they were that scary TBH, but they seem to find a way to get it done each week. 

Also.....the Eagles were playing a team with a winning record.

The Eagles have beat one team this year with a record over .500 - that was the Colts in week 2. The combined record of their wins are 25-44. They are 1-4 against teams over .500.

Obviously, you can't fault a team for an easy schedule and you can only beat who you play, but the Eagles are a very unproven team playing in the worst division, in the weaker conference. 

The rest of the schedule is fairly light. I see them easily making the playoffs, but I don't think we will know if they are legit or not until they play a real team in January. 

Also.....the Eagles were playing a team with a winning record.

The Eagles have beat one team this year with a record over .500 - that was the Colts in week 2. The combined record of their wins are 25-44. They are 1-4 against teams over .500.

Obviously, you can't fault a team for an easy schedule and you can only beat who you play, but the Eagles are a very unproven team playing in the worst division, in the weaker conference. 

The rest of the schedule is fairly light. I see them easily making the playoffs, but I don't think we will know if they are legit or not until they play a real team in January. 

1-4 against teams over .500?  They've only lost 3 games?

Schedule aside, they were very competitive in their other two losses (SF & Arizona), and truly the games could have gone either way (both has 1st & goal from inside the 10 near the end of games).  Everyone knows they didn't have a dominant defense, and after losing Ryans, it is even less so.  Good teams will exploit his absence and/or Fletcher & Allen.  They need a CB & OLB upgrade, and most likely a ILB because I don't see Ryans coming back.  In a perfect world (as in they get HFA throughout), they might get to the NFCCG if they get an QB-challenged team like ARI in the playoffs.  But realistically, if they don't get a bye, they'll be bounced out in the divisional round, at the latest.....IF they right the ship and win the next two.

This loss showed that the Eagles should use their first two picks on cornerbacks in next year's draft. Our corners might be the worst cover corners in the league.

Wish I had more likes. 100% agree. 1 shutdown CB and get rid of Allen and bring in another FA Strong Safety in the Jenkins type $ deal. Draft MLB with 2nd rd. then pick up another FA guard ( under 27 yo) b

I wish I had watched.  To me, this cleary puts GB at the head of the NFC class.  With Arizona losing Palmer and anyone with a brain knowing that the Dallas defense will fail against any team that can control the clock....I don't think that there is another option.

Agreed.

If GB gets the 1 see, it's pretty much a wrap IMO.

Detroit may beat them being a rival, we may have shot if Murray runs if 40 times and we keep Rodgers off the field. But with our defense, we stand no chance.

This loss showed that the Eagles should use their first two picks on cornerbacks in next year's draft. Our corners might be the worst cover corners in the league.

Don't forget that just last week the Packers put up 6 TDs through the air in the first half of the game, so that's not a problem unique to your corners. That said, if you want to hang with us, you'll certainly want to improve that pass defense. The best way to stop the Packers' aereal attack, though, is by getting pressure with a four man rush. The hardest teams for the Packers to move the ball against always seem to be teams that can get pressure with four. The Giants eliminating us in the 2011 playoffs after our 15-1 regular season comes to mind with JPP.

What is it about the Eagles that they always seem to be a good team when the rest of the division sucks?  During almost their entire run with McNabb, the NFC East was easily the worst division (well, maybe NFC West outside of the 49ers during that era), and now as they return to being respectable the rest of the division is weak once again.

• 2 weeks later...

Ho hum, it took a little longer than I thought but it appears every reasonable person in the world has conceded that the Eagles are clearly the best team in the NFC East....just like I told all of you.

Oh hey, can we move away from the fallacy that the Cowboys have the best OL in football. It is like one of those great lies that has been retold so often, devoid of thought and facts, that it has been accepted by the public, writ large.

The Eagles front seven just made them look like what they truly are; a middle of the road OL. Fletcher Cox made dreamboat Zach Martin his prison ****.

What is it about the Eagles that they always seem to be a good team when the rest of the division sucks?  During almost their entire run with McNabb, the NFC East was easily the worst division (well, maybe NFC West outside of the 49ers during that era), and now as they return to being respectable the rest of the division is weak once again.

its called having a strong organization.

Our team does not have that.

With Jim McElwain agreeing to become the coach at Florida, Chip Kelly was free to joke about the school's reported interest in him.

"I'm just not a candidate for a college job," Kelly said Thursday. "I don't think our pro offense will work at the college level."

I like Kelly in spite of myself. This quote is one of the reasons why.

I wish he was coaching just about anywhere else, because I wouldn't be biased against him due to 4 decades of hating the eagles.

Feel the need to provide some input into this thread.  IMO, Eagles are under heavy pressure now with upcoming Cowboys game.  Winner most likely wins the East.  I don't expect the 'Boys to play like they did on Thanksgiving day, although it would be nice if they did.  If the Eagles do make the playoffs, I fully expect them to be one-and-done.  They would most likely play Seattle/GB/Detroit, and every one of those teams I feel is better than Philly right now. 

Feel the need to provide some input into this thread.  IMO, Eagles are under heavy pressure now with upcoming Cowboys game.  Winner most likely wins the East.  I don't expect the 'Boys to play like they did on Thanksgiving day, although it would be nice if they did.  If the Eagles do make the playoffs, I fully expect them to be one-and-done.  They would most likely play Seattle/GB/Detroit, and every one of those teams I feel is better than Philly right now. 

anyone feel free to correct me if i'm wrong, going back to last year, outside of the packers game where scott tolzein was starting in place of rodgers, the eagles are 1-6 vs playoff teams (including teams that currently appear to be playoff teams).

they got a hell of a good special teams unit, though. 

anyone feel free to correct me if i'm wrong, going back to last year, outside of the packers game where scott tolzein was starting in place of rodgers, the eagles are 1-6 vs playoff teams (including teams that currently appear to be playoff teams).

they got a hell of a good special teams unit, though. 

They beat the cowboys & colts this year, so I think they've improved a little bit on that.  Losses this year:  Cards, 49ers & Pack (all away) and Seattle (home).  Only "bad" one of those was the 49ers IMO, as the rest of the teams are/were better teams at the time IMO. 

They beat the cowboys & colts this year, so I think they've improved a little bit on that. Losses this year: Cards, 49ers & Pack (all away) and Seattle (home). Only "bad" one of those was the 49ers IMO, as the rest of the teams are/were better teams at the time IMO.

Right. 1-6 vs playoff teams, with that W being the Colts game.

I don't see Dallas as a playoff team, but I guess if they did make the playoffs, Philly would be 2-5.

Dallas is currently on the outside looking in.

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2014/12/8/7354203/nfl-playoff-picture-wild-card-race-nfc

IMO, that's kind of overrated, unless you're looking for the top 1-2 teams in the conference.  Patriots are obviously legitimately being discussed as best team in NFL because they've beaten all the good teams.  Last year Philly beat GB (playoff team) and Dallas/Arizona (both teams that would have been in the playoffs if they hadn't of lost).  This year they've beaten Colts/Cowboys (Cowboys would be in playoffs if it weren't for that loss) and lost to the 3 best teams in the NFC (SEA, ARI, GB).  Puts Philly at about the 4th-5th best team in conference, which is about right.  Until they show they can beat some of the better teams, they'll continue to be 1 & done in playoffs. 

Desperately need a CB and S to take the next step.  Oh...and better QB play against good teams.

Archived