Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Eagles are clearly the best team in the NFC East, Foles is clearly the best QB in the NFC East, Chip Kelly is GOD. Eagles 2014 thread.

Westbrook36

Well, congratulations Eagle's fans.  That game ******* sucked.

It hurts less when we get blown out.  Especially when we had multiple chances to win/tie and blew all of them.  Open receivers missed, easy FG missed, stupid mistakes on ST coverage, etc etc.

Foles impressed me today, they didn't dink and dunk all day long, and I was proud of the Skins defense in taking away McCoy as an option for nearly the entire day, but the pass rush was pretty mediocre.  

The Eagles' WRs impressed me too.  Good game.

Eagles fans know they are lucky to get out of their home game against us with a win.

We missed a 30 yarder, they made a 50 yarder and returned a kick for a TD. That by itself was more than the difference in the game and they were the home team.

Not to mention all the other BS like the PI on Robinson that gave them a TD when the dude did not commit Pass Interference.

Anyway, its good that the NFCE finally has a real rivalry again because its undeniable that both these teams are looking hard to beat, at least when they play each other lol.

Eagles fans know they are lucky to get out of their home game against us with a win.

We missed a 30 yarder, they made a 50 yarder and returned a kick for a TD. That by itself was more than the difference in the game and they were the home team.

Not to mention all the other BS like the PI on Robinson that gave them a TD when the dude did not commit Pass Interference.

Anyway, its good that the NFCE finally has a real rivalry again because its undeniable that both these teams are looking hard to beat, at least when they play each other lol.

this, i agree with.

and thats while coming out of the game with alot of respect for foles. 

i'll say it again- the current NFC east champs were fortunate to win at home vs a 3-13 team starting their backup QB.

that, and the redskins O (minus the INT) outplayed the vaunted eagles O in their house. 

so, **** off. you get nothing. 

good luck the rest of the way. 

I came away from that game happy to get the win. Unfortunately it was costly, and could cripple the team for a while.

You simply can't afford to lose 4 O lineman and expect to win games. Y'all played a good game especially the lineman protecting Cousins. They kept him clean most of the day, and Cousins did a good job picking our defense apart. He showed a lot of promise today.

Every game could be reduced to "if only we did this and they didn't make that play".  It's the NFL and a win is normally going to be decided by a few plays.  But, can't blame a loss on refs and those few plays because there were plenty of other opportunities for both teams to score more points, or prevent the other team from scoring.

Special teams are the difference again. I think I am done trying to understand why we cannot ever put together even an average unit. How hard can this be? The other 31 teams don't appear to have weekly blocked punts, return TDs, and kickoff coverage that starts the opponent around the 35 each drive. 

Chip Kelly is so awesome, his players are ****ing to the media about being overworked:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000398812/article/cary-williams-chip-kelly-overworking-eagles-players?campaign=Twitter_atn_wesseling

The Philadelphia Eagles have outscored opponents 74-24 in the second half of their three games this season.

One of the theories bandied about for that advantage is that coach Chip Kelly's rigorous, fast-paced practices have his troops hitting their stride later in the game while the other team is sucking wind.

Jabbering cornerback Cary Williams takes the opposite viewpoint, complaining after Sunday's 37-34 victory that Kelly's up-tempo practices are to blame for the Eagles' slow starts this season.

"It's hard to go out there and fight for 60 minutes when you're fighting throughout the week to make it through one practice," Williams said, via ESPN.com. "I'm not the only one. I'm just the only one that's man enough to stand up here and talk to y'all. It's obviously, in my opinion, an issue in our starts."

The Eagles actually held a lead at halftime Sunday for the first time this season, but only after falling behind 17-7.

"We've got to start taking care of our guys, taking care of our players," Williams continued. "A lot of guys coming in here had no legs. We've got to start taking care of our guys throughout the week in order for us to be productive and have more energy on Sundays. You've got to be smart, as a coaching staff and as players."

Williams went on to emphasize that the arduous practices are "not conducive to success."

The Eagles are alone in first place at 3-0 after winning the NFC East in Kelly's Philadelphia debut last year. Unless a host of players join Williams in running off at the mouth, we'll defer to Kelly on the recipe for his team's success.

I think the eagles are still the clear favorite in the east.  Foles really impressed me today, and prior to today i really considered him a fluke.  He's either a very good QB or the scheme is just that good.  Either way, the Eagles appear to have good QB play for the foreseeable future which is really important.

I was also surprised by Cousins (who wasn't, right).  I didn't think he would play anywhere near that level, which truthfully makes just think the Eagles defense is very poor.  

Like I said, the Eagles are the clear favorite.  However, they are very vulnerable also.  I know many posters in here think of the Eagles as some juggernaut... far from it to me.  I don't think they are a real title contender at all.  Not with that D.  They'll win the east at 10-6 and be one and done most likely.  I can't see anyone else from the division challenging them though.

I think the eagles are still the clear favorite in the east.  Foles really impressed me today, and prior to today i really considered him a fluke.  He's either a very good QB or the scheme is just that good.  Either way, the Eagles appear to have good QB play for the foreseeable future which is really important.

I was also surprised by Cousins (who wasn't, right).  I didn't think he would play anywhere near that level, which truthfully makes just think the Eagles defense is very poor.  

Like I said, the Eagles are the clear favorite.  However, they are very vulnerable also.  I know many posters in here think of the Eagles as some juggernaut... far from it to me.  I don't think they are a real title contender at all.  Not with that D.  They'll win the east at 10-6 and be one and done most likely.  I can't see anyone else from the division challenging them though.

Good points, all of which I agree with.  Their D yesterday was terrible IMO.  Giving up a 50+ screen pass when all you have to do is make the Skins nickel & dime and chew up clock is inexcusable.  I'll give them this game and chalk it up to maybe the short week after playing MNF in Indy, but although they seem to be a bit better than last year, they are not a playoff defense.

Foles & Cousins were both great.  Seeing how Cousins has performed in the past two games, I truly think that debate is over, unless he has serious regression.  He passes the eye test, if nothing else. 

As an eagle fan it was nice to see Foles have a very good day.  If they could somehow squeak a win vs SanFran this weekend, they'd be in great shape as they start getting OL back next week.

Fixed your post.

Read the quotes. He was talking about how the team comes out flat to open games.

And think about one of the things Chip is praised for: his practices are full speed. No walking between drills. That works well when the entire team is 18-22, but when you start dealing with 28, 29, 30 year olds, the bodies don't respond like the did when they were 18-22. But sure, go ahead and dismiss one of your prize FAs from last year as one whiny player...

Eagles are there. I'm not ready to crown the skins after a moral victory, which is what people are .making this seem like.

Injuries are starting to pile up, and special teams is still a big issue. That is the number one reason why we lost this game. 10 pts total were pissed away. That simply cannot happen if you expect to be a playoff team.

Philly has to slip up at some point, and at the same time, we have to go on a tear. People are fooling themselves if they think more than one team is coming out of this division. Its NFC East or bust

Read the quotes. He was talking about how the team comes out flat to open games.

Again, ONE whiny player is complaining, and is claiming others are affected too. Cary Williams has always complained about the Eagles having Tuesday practices, it's nothing new. What most veteran players were saying at the end of last season was that they had never felt so good at the end of the season due to Chip Kelly's sports science methods and the way he runs practices.

Cary Williams had the nickname "Sconces" last year, because he skipped OTAs to choose sconces for his new home, have some dental work, and to go to his daughter's dance recital. He was embarrassed when reporters were goading him about being beaten by Desean so he tried to come up with excuses about being too tired from practices.

Again, ONE whiny player is complaining, and is claiming others are affected too. Cary Williams has always complained about the Eagles having Tuesday practices, it's nothing new. What most veteran players were saying at the end of last season was that they had never felt so good at the end of the season due to Chip Kelly's sports science methods and the way he runs practices.

Cary Williams had the nickname "Sconces" last year, because he skipped OTAs to choose sconces for his new home, have some dental work, and to go to his daughter's dance recital. He was embarrassed when reporters were goading him about being beaten by Desean so he tried to come up with excuses about being too tired from practices.

That dude already had dental work?  He got ripped off.

Typical DeSean Jackson game yesterday.  Runs a few outs, catches the ball, slinks out of bounds.  Runs a fly, catches the ball and runs for a long TD.  Misses the irony that the WR that replaced him, Jeremy Maclin, totally outclassed him yesterday.  Additionally, Maclin is on pace to obliterate last year's stats for DJ.  During the scrum, Jackson stays as far away as possible; I guess acting hard is only for twitter accounts nowadays.

post-137732-0-64789300-1411407079_thumb.

Jason Kelce needs sports hernia surgery, out 2 months.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/22/another-ol-hit-jason-kelce-needs-sports-hernia-surgery/

Typical WB36 post.

Jackson: 5-117 TD long of 81 (23.4 avg)

Maclin: 8-154 TD long of 50 (19.3 avg)

And oh BTW, Jackson drew a 15 yarder and was playing injured. But yeah, Maclin is so clearly the better receiver. Let me know when he plays a full season....

Jason Kelce needs sports hernia surgery, out 2 months.

THAT sucks, and will be difficult to overcome.  Losing him early in the 2nd half yesterday was a major contributing factor to the offense slowing down yesterday.  It'd be a miracle, IMO, for them to win this weekend with the starting OL they are going to trot out there. 

Archived