Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Eagles are clearly the best team in the NFC East, Foles is clearly the best QB in the NFC East, Chip Kelly is GOD. Eagles 2014 thread.

Westbrook36

No idea when I will have to provide the blanket of freedom you sleep soundly under every single night, TK, but when the call comes, I will be ready.  Much like Charles Kelly.

Westbrook, I thank you for your service brother!  If you deploy stay safe my friend!

HTTR!

the Eagles will win the NFC East, and by virtue of playing in the worst division in football they should have a pretty good record. I think the CK is for real and he is moving the Eagles in a positive direction. In terms of the NFC, I think that the rankings would be as follows:

1. Seattle

2. New Orleans

3. Green Bay

4. Philly

5. SF

What I can't wait for is when he decides to cut McCoy because he think he can win without him too.   ;)

I coach competitive high-school soccer, so not on the same level, but I do think there are parallels.  One is the extremely talented, but difficult player, be it due to misconduct, work effort or team disrupter (not saying DJ was any of those).  At some point, if a coach feels a player with top level talent is not worth it, you've got to jettison the player with the goal of the team overcoming that loss through better chemistry and/or others stepping up to fill the void. 

Sometimes it backfires, so we'll have to see.  In my case it has always resulted in a better overall team.

the Eagles will win the NFC East, and by virtue of playing in the worst division in football they should have a pretty good record. I think the CK is for real and he is moving the Eagles in a positive direction. In terms of the NFC, I think that the rankings would be as follows:

1. Seattle

2. New Orleans

3. Green Bay

4. Philly

5. SF

If that's the playoff seeding I agree. Otherwise flip SF and Philly. 

I'd like to see the Eagles beat even one good team before we crown them. 1-3 against playoff teams last year with the victory against the mighty Scott Tolzien-led Packers. And of course, one and done in the playoffs. Gold standard!!!

I coach competitive high-school soccer, so not on the same level, but I do think there are parallels.  One is the extremely talented, but difficult player, be it due to misconduct, work effort or team disrupter (not saying DJ was any of those).  At some point, if a coach feels a player with top level talent is not worth it, you've got to jettison the player with the goal of the team overcoming that loss through better chemistry and/or others stepping up to fill the void. 

Sometimes it backfires, so we'll have to see.  In my case it has always resulted in a better overall team.

I coached high school basketball....it doesn't work there.   :lol:

I'd like to see the Eagles beat even one good team before we crown them. 1-3 against playoff teams last year with the victory against the mighty Scott Tolzien-led Packers. And of course, one and done in the playoffs. Gold standard!!!

The 10-6 Arizona Cardinals were a good team last year - they even beat the Seahawks in Seattle - and the Eagles beat them 24-21.

Not grudgingly stated:

Philly is likely the best team in the NFC east. That's not saying much though.

As a Wildcats fan, I want Foles to be awesome, but he's not the best qb in the division. Sadly I would say that distinction goes to Tony Romo which would probably explain the poor state the division is in.

And Chip Kelly did a great job last year. Calling him a man amongst boys is ridiculous.

The eagles should win the division by default. But as a testament to how mediocre they are any of the other three teams, even the Skins, have a chance at winning it.

Maybe the next thread should be "Westbrook36 hates: Looking like an idiot after inserting foot in mouth for quadrillionth time."

Yes, they did what great teams do....struggled and almost lost the game against one of the worst teams in football.  They also gave up a 17 point lead and didn't score in the first half.  

Sounds like a great team there.

Foles also looks as if he will come back down to earth, just like every NFL fan, other than Eagles fans, have been saying all offseason.

Glad the dream is over.

Yes, they did what great teams do....struggled and almost lost the game against one of the worst teams in football.  They also gave up a 17 point lead and didn't score in the first half.  

Sounds like a great team there.

Foles also looks as if he will come back down to earth, just like every NFL fan, other than Eagles fans, have been saying all offseason.

Glad the dream is over.

i hate the eagles a lot. but they won the game. good teams find a way to win games, no matter how they do it. they won 34-17, props to them. but still, **** them.

Foles did what a NFL caliber QB should do and bring his team back to victory , no one cried about the oline which was horible even more so after losing 3 starters and having 3 turn overs..

Show up after a loss and we'll actually listen to you.  Otherwise, you're just a troll.

Great QBs struggle through adversity and put their team on their back. Not every game is going to be easy. The truly great ones keep fighting. Nick Foles was the best player on the field in the second half. Gladhe is on our side....leading the team to TDs and everything.

Can't agree that Foles is a "great" QB after one great year.  RG3 had one of those.

Anyway, congratulations to you this week.

Can't wait for week 2 to get here.

Archived