Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Eagles are clearly the best team in the NFC East, Foles is clearly the best QB in the NFC East, Chip Kelly is GOD. Eagles 2014 thread.

Westbrook36

TY Hilton gets held, leading directly to an INT. That flag is thrown, Eagles lose. PERIOD. Laron Landry tackled McCoy, flag thrown for horse collar. Would have been 3rd and long. You guys were gifted a game against a team with zero pash rush. I hope you feel really confidant based on that performance. Film review will show Foles to be completely indecisive, the o-line to be horrific (Peters was OK), and the LB crew to be weaksauce. But thump your chests. 

Alfred Morris isn't any better at running the ball than Trent Richardson....

The NFL is strange. The Eagles are miraculously 2-0, RG3 is out for weeks, and yet I have way more confidence the Redskins can win next week than I would have at the start of the season. 

Lost in all of the problems that the NFL has right now is the fact that once again, the refs are absolutely terrible. It seems to get worse every year, and every year of record profitability makes me ask, 'seriously, why does the multi billion dollar NFL not have full time refs??"

Then again, would it matter? The Redskins have sucked for my entire conscious life so maybe I am just feeling fatigue from that. But this year is the first where I feel apathy toward the league. I guess it's one part team failure, one part how much of a joke the Shield is, and one part miserable officiating.

The officiating decided the game last night and I am starting to lose interest in watching 3 hours of football for that to end up as the result. 

hmm quotes not working ... Mr Pin

The refs were bad on both ends . How about the no call on grounding against Luck , Tripping maclin and the Face mask against Maclin. There were a few non calls on holds but refs let them play which was nice. Lets not forget the Call against willaims for face mask that when he was already down and brushed hand against it ..... So really u want to blame refs on a 20-6 comeback loss ?

How about the colts lost because the got greedy , they were up by 7 in field goal range . They ran 1st and 2nd down . Why throw for a TD instead of running which has killed Eagles all game . Either way would of been points TD or a Def Field goal with Vinnys Foot . That would of put it a 2 poss lead . Colts drained clock all game. It would of been game over ..... No Colts lost the game not the refs . Blame that on the Couching . So please I hope next week I wont see uninformed post and blaming whoever wins the game Facts are Facts ..

Tedskins , I hear ya I wish it was Sunday Today . I love Division Games

The Skins are a bigger physical defense which is precisely the type of team that Kelly's Eagles match up against best.  Kerrigan simply got abused last year when Kelly got him out in coverage; perhaps you guys remember?  By the 3rd quarter, when Rak and the boys are gasping for air and Chip has the foot on the accelerator, we will start seeing bad excuses in these threads.  Expect to get exposed by Ertz, Shady and Sproles. 

However, I do think it is a cute that some of you are talking as if you believe you will win.  The only reason I'd give the Skins a puncher's chance is because they don't have a complete liability at the QB position going into the game. 

Eagles offense has looked erratic yet they are still Number 1 in the NFL in yards and points.   It is great to be an Eagles fan when your coach is Chip Kelly.

Lost in all of the problems that the NFL has right now is the fact that once again, the refs are absolutely terrible. It seems to get worse every year, and every year of record profitability makes me ask, 'seriously, why does the multi billion dollar NFL not have full time refs??"

Never understood this line of reasoning (re:  full-time refs).  How would that change anything.  These guys are dedicated to their refereeing craft, the study film, they "practice", etc.  The challenge is in the split-second  of time they are afforded to make judgement calls on extremely complex, and voluminous, rulebook.

And, I actually thought the refs were OK last night, although I am an iggs fan.  They let a lot go on both ways.  Wasn't everyone clamoring for not calling ticky-tack fouls?

These aren't the 2013 redskins. The defense is bigger and faster on both the front and back ends. The offense has a slew of playmakers, including the best deep threat in the league (thanks chip). The special teams are also 100000% better. If the redskins cut down on the penalties, hold onto the ball and continue to dominate on defense, you clowns won't have a chance.

Never understood this line of reasoning (re:  full-time refs).  How would that change anything.  These guys are dedicated to their refereeing craft, the study film, they "practice", etc.  The challenge is in the split-second  of time they are afforded to make judgement calls on extremely complex, and voluminous, rulebook.

And, I actually thought the refs were OK last night, although I am an iggs fan.  They let a lot go on both ways.  Wasn't everyone clamoring for not calling ticky-tack fouls?

They had all day to make the correct call on the RG3 to Jackson play and failed, as Mike Carey saw. Similar issues with the Harvin play in Seattle. I don't know that full time refs improve anything but I find it better than doing nothing. I think they'd be more dedicated to the refereeing craft if they didn't have other jobs. Why is the most profitable league the only major league that doesn't have full time officials? I don't think 'number of games' is a sufficient excuse there when we're talking about the money printing business that is the NFL. 

You seem very reasonable but I have to imagine you wouldn't be saying the refs were OK were you a Colts fan. I hate the idea of reviewing penalties but the outcome of the game was decided by the Boykin play. Ultimately there aren't any good answers to the problem but it is frustrating.

The Skins are a bigger physical defense which is precisely the type of team that Kelly's Eagles match up against best.  Kerrigan simply got abused last year when Kelly got him out in coverage; perhaps you guys remember?  By the 3rd quarter, when Rak and the boys are gasping for air and Chip has the foot on the accelerator, we will start seeing bad excuses in these threads.  Expect to get exposed by Ertz, Shady and Sproles. 

The Skins played better in the second half of both Philly games last year. So when Chip licks the accelerator I guess we'll see. 

You are unfortunately right about the matchup though. Concerned about that sweep/swing pass combo the Eagles are running well, don't think the Skins D has that horizontal speed. 

On the bright side the Eagles defense blows. This division is so bad that anything seems possible. Except the Giants winning. 

Main reason why the eagles wrecked us last year was lack of speed and failure to tackle on the field. We had scrubs like Rambo, Biggers, Wilson and Fletcher on the field and we struggled mightily in run defense. Of our combined -23.3 run defense grade, -14.6 of that was by those 4 players alone in week 1. They also accounted for a whopping 9 of 14 missed tackles.

Week 11 was a much better overall performance, but our defense still struggled due to poor performances by guys like Fletcher and Doughty.

There were bad calls from both sides. The facts is, the Eagles still had to move the ball and score twice while keeping the Colts off the board. They did this away, in a dome, against maybe the best comeback QB in the league over the past two years, despite only hvaing half an o-line. And whoever said Peters was just okay didn't watch the game. Peters will be all-pro again, and Kelce may be the best center in the game by December.

Shuold be a hell of a game next week.

How come I can't make a thread? I'm a non-troll who is always nice.

Archived