Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor A Football Life Air Date 26 September

Hail Em Up

I've never really thought of myself as a religious person, but after watching the documentary and hearing Coach Gibbs talk about how God made certain people to be football players made me wonder into the unknown.

In theory, I assumed God was choosing his football squad. 3.5 years of football was all he needed to see of Sean Taylor.

He was probably like, "Yeah. That's my safety right there."

I aren't gonna' lie, the last 10 minutes of that (I've just got around to watching it) I was in floods of tears. The tribute the Bills game just set me really off at the memory.

Funny how someone you've never ever met can touch your life to such an extent. Like an extension of your own family.

God rest # 21. We will NEVER forget you.

Hail.

I also thought Lavar would have forced his way in somehow, and I'm thrilled he didn't.

Lavar has no respect by Redskins fans. The way he spoke at Taylor's funeral seemed fake as hell. Taylor probably didn't even like him, especially after that rookie hazing stunt. But in Lavar's mind he had to speak.

And then the guy calls Gibbs a liar. 

Why is he relevant? I used to love Lavar, he means nothing to me now. 

Just watched it.  Man, that was sad.  So so tragic.  I just feel so bad on so many levels.  First off for the loss to his family and friends, just devastating.  Then to us, the fans.  We lost what may have been one of the greatest Redskins we've ever seen.  Uhg, I can't articulate it...my mind is a mess now trying to type what I feel.  

Lavar has no respect by Redskins fans. The way he spoke at Taylor's funeral seemed fake as hell. Taylor probably didn't even like him, especially after that rookie hazing stunt. But in Lavar's mind he had to speak.

And then the guy calls Gibbs a liar.

Why is he relevant? I used to love Lavar, he means nothing to me now.

I don't disagree. I just thought he would have forced his way on because he works for the NFL Network, and likes to hear himself talk.

Guessing that Portis/Moss made damn sure that he wasn't invited to give his memories.

Well done, but hard to watch.  I remember feeling so hollow that day, and it wasn't because the Redskins lost a player (who happened to be their best and most interesting one), but because of the thought of his daughter growing up without her father. I was sad that Sean had died, but having just had my first child that was the part that hit me the hardest.  I think he would have been an amazing father.

Just managed to get through it. Man, that was brutal. Got to give credit to the film-makers, they did a great job.

Absolutely ruined me emotionally, but I knew it would. 21 had such an incredible impact on so many lives, it was great to see those who knew him best remembering the man he was. 

Really hard to watch, but was definitely worth it.

RIP Sean. We all miss you.

Was watching this with my wife and just about lost it when they started to talk about the hours before he died. That false hope was absolutely crushing. And I was cringing so hard watching the Bills game. **** that was a horrible day.

But man, Gibbs II was fun. I was so happy to see Cooley and Portis again, not to mention the clips of Shawn Springs on the field with ST. We had quite a defense. That era sucked at the time, but in hindsight it was far more impressive than this ****show we're watching now. 

Best player on this team just evaporated into thin air.

He'd be entering his prime now, huge loss for this franchise that it has not yet recovered from.

Not sure about him "entering his prime now"...he'd be 32ish now, right?  While that is still pretty young, it's on the older side of things in football.  He was entering his prime when he died, in 2007.  His prime most likely would have been 2007 to like 2011.  He'd now probably be the elder statesman on the decline of his NFL career in 2014.  Mind you, still a heck of a player but maybe just now able to keep up with the younguns the way he used to.  

I bet had he lived, Gibbs would have done one more year and we'd have our 3rd playoff team.  Dang, it just still hurts so much, all these years later.  Just a damn shame.

As much as I want to, I just can't bring myself to watch this.  ST remains the only "celebrity" type who's death that I've ever gotten emotional about.  Even Johnny Cash, who I love didn't really have an impact on my day.  The story of Sean Taylor still makes me so sad.  

I still think that there should have been ramifications for that prosecutor.  He put him in a very bad position.  

As much as I want to, I just can't bring myself to watch this.  ST remains the only "celebrity" type who's death that I've ever gotten emotional about.  Even Johnny Cash, who I love didn't really have an impact on my day.  The story of Sean Taylor still makes me so sad.  

I still think that there should have been ramifications for that prosecutor.  He put him in a very bad position.  

What are you talking about?

What are you talking about?

The prosecutor that originally brought the charges over the ATV brawl, leading to Sean having nothing but a machete in the house to protect himself that night.  That case was so overblown and featured the prosecutor leading the case using it to promote his DJ business (remember Michael Grieco, AKA "DJ ESQ")?  

Dude is still an a** by the way: http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/2014/01/michael_grieco_justin_bieber_miami_beach_commission.php

The prosecutor that originally brought the charges over the ATV brawl, leading to Sean having nothing but a machete in the house to protect himself that night.  That case was so overblown and featured the prosecutor leading the case using it to promote his DJ business (remember Michael Grieco, AKA "DJ ESQ")?  

Dude is still an a** by the way: http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/2014/01/michael_grieco_justin_bieber_miami_beach_commission.php

Ah, okay, I didn't know if you meant the prosecutor for the murder trial or what.  Thanks for clearing it up.

There were so many "what if" moments there.  Like the doctor said, an eight of an inch in any direction and it's a flesh wound.  One in a million shot stole a once in a lifetime guy.

Yeah; I know.  It's amazing how that story still brings me so far down.  Plus the fact that he was only in town for that night & nobody knew.  You're right, a million little things all culminated into one terrible moment.  

Honestly, me too.  I just get bummed out.  After I watched it, I had trouble sleeping that night b/c I kept having ST related dreams and waking up.  Thought about him almost non-stop since watching it.  I don't know why I am so affected by this.  I did not know the guy on a personal level, and I know a lot of tragic things have happened to a lot of other people, and that a lot of other celebrities have come and gone, but none bother me the same way.  I'm still so heartbroken by this, almost 7 years later.  I can only imagine how painful it is for his family and friends.  You can see it all over their face.  Just pure hurt.  Gah!  I'm upsetting myself just typing this out.

I said I wasn't going to get choked up while watching this but I did.  I loved that they had a lot of footage of him that I had never seen - namely all the highschool footage and a few other interview clips. I wish they would have shown the footage of Sean destroying the Lions special team player on the punt return after the Lions guy had been mad-dogging Sean. That has to be one of my favorite ST plays.  Every single game you knew you were going to see a huge hit.   

Not sure if anyone else has seen it but the entire Eric Rivera trial is on youtube.  At the end of the trial Pedro Taylor gets up and has some powerful words for the murderer, it is a must see.

Blew my world.  And that game against Buffalo, those towels, missing man formation, that was rougher than any funeral I've ever been to. Gonna need to watch this on my own, because those of us who knew that he was something amazing before November 26, 2007 (he was shot that day, died early the next) just feel something that those who didn't never will.

It still causes me to get emotional. It seems no one in my. Life understands why I feel this way about someone I never met.

I said I wasn't going to get choked up while watching this but I did. I loved that they had a lot of footage of him that I had never seen - namely all the highschool footage and a few other interview clips. I wish they would have shown the footage of Sean destroying the Lions special team player on the punt return after the Lions guy had been mad-dogging Sean. That has to be one of my favorite ST plays. Every single game you knew you were going to see a huge hit.

Not sure if anyone else has seen it but the entire Eric Rivera trial is on youtube. At the end of the trial Pedro Taylor gets up and has some powerful words for the murderer, it is a must see.

Holy Smokes didnt know this was online and wow is is it powerful and sad.

Holy Smokes didnt know this was online and wow is is it powerful and sad.

Yes just watched it this morning. Man I haven't got choked up like that in a long time. Crazy how the media can portray people a certain way and then it is assumed true. I hope Colin Cowterd feels like ****.

I really do feel changed after watching this. Man that was powerful. When they said he was basically dead when he got to the hospital and they had never seen anyone fight like that I lost it. 

Archived