Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor A Football Life Air Date 26 September

Hail Em Up

I, like many of you, went to bed after hearing the news that he had responded to stimulation, a glimmer of hope....

only to wake up and hear about his death.  A testament to how much of a stud he was, he held on as long as he did.

What a ****ed up situation that entire ordeal was.

It still causes me to get emotional. It seems no one in my. Life understands why I feel this way about someone I never met.

Yep, on Facebook every year I note his birthday and his passing.  One of my friends, and I can understand her point, asked, "Did you know him?"

My response, "Does it matter?"

They just don't get it.

I, like many of you, went to bed after hearing the news that he had responded to stimulation, a glimmer of hope....

only to wake up and hear about his death.  A testament to how much of a stud he was, he held on as long as he did.

What a ****ed up situation that entire ordeal was.

Yeah. The Doctor's quote at the end...about him being dead when he got there and never seeing someone fight so long for his life...was REALLY impactful

I watched it and I started balling.  It was a nice start but very hard ending.  I think it was very well done

Yeah, I thought I was prepared; I wasn't.  Seeing Tana like that was like seeing your own dad cry.

Part that caught me off guard was watching his last play and remembering being there against Philly.  I just remember thinking, "It's Sean, he'll be back in a couple weeks."  Nope.

Oh, and seeing Jackie, Jr. now was wonderful.  I hadn't seen her since the funeral, and I'm glad that her mom is being so strong for her.

Yeah, I thought I was prepared; I wasn't.  Seeing Tana like that was like seeing your own dad cry.

Part that caught me off guard was watching his last play and remembering being there against Philly.  I just remember thinking, "It's Sean, he'll be back in a couple weeks."  Nope.

Oh, and seeing Jackie, Jr. now was wonderful.  I hadn't seen her since the funeral, and I'm glad that her mom is being so strong for her.

yea, his sisters crying was hard to watch but when Santana lost it and couldnt get his words out, that's when i couldnt contain it any longer either. 

also, i thought it was really nice gesture from Momma Jackie to include little Jackie in there at the end. beautiful little girl who has grown up so much. 

also, Santana wasn't lying when he said Sean's little brother looks just like him/is his twin. seems his dad is gearing him up to be a real-deal player just like he did with Sean. i wish him the absolute best.

Watching this clip, I can't say I'm surprised.  I think everyone who heard Lavar talk at the time knew he was full of it.  He's still full of it and to this day I hate how he "connects" with the skins.  IMO he shouldn't be welcomed to Redskins Park.

I watched it again on the DVR and I lost it when Clinton scores that TD against Buffalo and lifts up his jersey to show Sean on his shirt I remember how emotional it was being at that game.

Emotional isn't the word. Having the tribute pre-kickoff just had me in bits. I honestly now couldn't tell you much of anything from that game. I know we lost. I haven't a clue on the score. It just passed by in a complete blur and is just about the only Redskins game in my lifetime when I truly didn't care at all. Just sat watching in a teared up daze. I remember having some REAL arguments with folk on here to the point I got politely asked to walk away or face a probable ban with jerks who were slamming Gibbs for the double timeout.

I defy ANYONE to say they were FULLY into that game and their head WASN'T elsewhere.

Hail.

I watched the promo interview with Lavar and CP.  I don't listen to Lavar; so I don't understand how he normally talks, but everytime he refered to ST as "this dude," made me want to knock him out.  Sounded disrespectful.

I just watched it today.  I swear they could do a 3 hour documentary on him.  There is just too much backstory I want to know about that went on on the field (like the infamous lions game)  teared up a lot during that, but I felt like most of it was positive.  I have to say his dad and girlfriend seemed to have an unbelievable strength about them when they were talking.  I think that made me feel better about it.

I know no one is perfect, but I can't think of one thing that I would want for my starting safety that he didn't have.  On top of that he seemed like one hell of a man.  The only jersey I HAD to have was my Sean Taylor jersey.  Its my most prized redskin possession.  It felt like we had our own personal Navy Seal on the team.

I just felt it was great to have that guy on our team.  SEAN TAYLOR HTTR

I watched it again on the DVR and I lost it when Clinton scores that TD against Buffalo and lifts up his jersey to show Sean on his shirt I remember how emotional it was being at that game.

Yeah that is when I lost it too.  I didn't think that I would.  I was 31 when Sean passed and it hurt then and it still hurts 7 years later.  He was that dude.  I remember when it happened and waiting for news.  For some odd reason I woke up at 5 am with a pit in my stomach, finding out a few minutes later that he had passed.  All I can say is he is missed.

Archived