Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pre-Season Game #1 Preview/Discussion

darrelgreenie

I am curious if our Oline can block

This is the big one for me.  If our OL is decent we'll be good.

On the other side of the ball Akeem Davis is the one to watch.  He recently had time off for personal reasons, then when he came back and went out on the field he wasn't lacking in knowledge from what I read i.e. he played well in his snaps.  Maybe the log jam at S in Seattle was the reason he became available rather than not being able to play football?

Pass rush will be interesting, although it will be generic 1 on 1 battles. 

Excited to get eyes on the team and see some decent STs, but as Redskins fans we know we go as our OL goes.

Me watching our first preseason game.

1st play- RG3 to Desean for a nice big gainer

"Y'know if we can keep these guys healthy we can beat anybody.  Why not us??"

2nd play- Morris stuffed behind the line for a loss

"oh my god we are going to suck"

deseans not playing tonight

I could care less who is playing or not; the main thing is, whoEVER is playing, don't get hurt.

This is the 'absorbing' part of football for newbies on the team; the part where coaches pull you aside and explain not only what you did wrong/didn't do, but how to recognize /correct it the next time.

I wouldn't have expected Brady to sniff the sidelines, but I fully expect Haslett to. This is either the beginning of the end, or a new beginning; keep em fresh, keep em healthy,  and keep em going, lets see a more enthused defense this year.

I want to see the O-line obviously.  I am really hoping Long or possibly LeRibeus step up and are able to take Chester's position.  That RG spot is the most concerning to me.

Secondly, I want to see us tackle and play physical on defense and specials.

Thirdly, I am interested in seeing our rb's after Alfred.

Other than that, no injuries...

I want to see which ES member makes the 1st post claiming:

"Haslett SUCKS! Why isn't he blitzing Mallet?"

"Chester SUCKS!"

"Glad to see we passed on DL in the draft again. Our scouts SUCK!"

"WTF is up with our Special Teams? This guy is worse than Danny Smith!"

"That Skins player LLLLLLL is a BEAST! He's making the roster. No way he gets cut!"

"Why is Haslett playing the CBs 10 yards off the receiver? GAWD he SUCKS!"

...and last but not least - "I'd rather have Sav instead of these 2 guys. THEY BOTH SUCK!"

Going vanilla means the aren't "game planning." They will run plays like reverses and maybe a fake punt, but vanilla just means they aren't game planning. Not just running basic plays.

I know they don't gameplan.  But they always say stuff like "we don't want to tip our hand" or "show too much".  I think it's an overplayed term and concept.

I know they don't gameplan. But they always say stuff like "we don't want to tip our hand" or "show too much". I think it's an overplayed term and concept.

I actually think teams work on a lot more than fans think. Buffalo went for it on 4th down quite a bit in the game Sunday. Sometimes you can try a fake punt and then spring it on a team during the regular season. They will have seen it in preseason, but they don't know when it's coming and it gives our opponents something else to think about or game plan for.

Here's who/what I'm looking at:

Ryan Grant. I can't wait to see him with my own two eyes.

Yeah, he is going to get a ton of burn, especially with Garçon and Jackson out. I also want to see how often we employ 4 wide sets, especially in the redzone. Gruden seemed to do a lot of that in Cincy.

Just hoping for no injuries and see how the special teams looks. Hard to judge the offense is Garcon and DJax are both out. Same with the defense with no Hatcher or Clark.

Also remember, we went 4-0 in the preseason lsat year.

The "Summer Of Love".......when everything was all good. Never forget.

Also, we should actively try to lose a game if we flirt with perfection again. I am convinced that going undefeated in preseason is like disturbing the balance of The Force, or something. We angered the football gods, and as a result, had to endure 4 long months of torture

like to see us play well. Would especially like to see guys like Ryan Grant live up to the hype since we always have a lot of camp or practice legends who turn out to be just average at best but all in all I dont care much tonight either way. Just happy to have footballl back Ill put alot more stock into the following 2 weeks.

I actually think teams work on a lot more than fans think. Buffalo went for it on 4th down quite a bit in the game Sunday. Sometimes you can try a fake punt and then spring it on a team during the regular season. They will have seen it in preseason, but they don't know when it's coming and it gives our opponents something else to think about or game plan for.

I seem to remember that there was some team that went for 2 after every single preseason touchdown, one year. 

Doesn't seem like a completely dumb idea, to me. 

I seem to remember that there was some team that went for 2 after every single preseason touchdown, one year. 

Doesn't seem like a completely dumb idea, to me. 

Yeah me neither. You get your ideal set of plays down to work on, and get guys used to the idea of it to where it becomes second nature..... Not that they don't work on stuff like that in practice.

I wouldn't mind seeing some onside kicks either.

Archived